Started by DLUXHOG, February 16, 2018, 10:37:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

time flies.........

and... ~ 11 years ago..
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

greasy_corner

Nice.  You can buy both of these on SIcovers.com for ~$20.  They look nice matted and framed.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TNarch

They should have taken that picture with Calcagni in a ripped up jersey.  That was the days of the tear-a-ways, and he went through several in every game.

RME

Quote from: greasy_corner on February 16, 2018, 11:26:09 pm
Nice.  You can buy both of these on SIcovers.com for ~$20.  They look nice matted and framed.

Didn't know that site existed, that's awesome.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: TNarch on February 18, 2018, 08:13:42 pm
They should have taken that picture with Calcagni in a ripped up jersey.  That was the days of the tear-a-ways, and he went through several in every game.

Yes, Calcagni was underestimated and undervalued.....

DeltaBoy

I still have my Holtz SI magazine.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

oldhawg

Just curious, anyone know what Mr. Calcagni and Mr. Cowins are doing these days?

DLUXHOG

Tarheelhawg

Plus 1! For a great memory!!  I was there and lived Arkansas' proud tradition of winning !! The victory over Oklahoma etc. 

jbigs77

Quote from: greasy_corner on February 16, 2018, 11:26:09 pm
I already have the real ones. And many more.

LZH

Ah, the tearaway jersey.......now that brings back memories.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: oldhawg on February 20, 2018, 06:46:11 pm
Thanks for doing the research for me.  :)

we should all be proud as they are both post football success stories...........   Calcagni loved Arkansas so much that he stayed there rather than return to Ohio or Canada.............

also.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_McFadden....   I love the Razorback photos of McFadden in this article.... WPS!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LZH on February 20, 2018, 07:47:44 pm
Ah, the tearaway jersey.......now that brings back memories.

I remember us having them up to my Jr Year  AAA banned them in 81-82.  QB , WR and RB wore them plus both our DE.