Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If season were to end Friday

Started by TebowHater, March 12, 2018, 06:03:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Better do something good this year because we dang sure aren't next year especially if Gafford leaves. He leaves it will be ugly next year.

TebowHater

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 13, 2018, 08:10:16 am
Better do something good this year because we dang sure aren't next year especially if Gafford leaves. He leaves it will be ugly next year.

Yeah this concerns me. It will take a minor miracle for CMA not to lose his "One of 4 coaches with 15+ years to never have a losing season" status

hogsanity

I had them at 23-8 after the regular season, so they did slightly below what I expected. My expectations were based on having 3 SR guards, which means ALOT in college basketball. Really the only thing I missed was how they would struggle with LSfreakingU for whatever reason.

As for the NCAAT - if they lose Fri because Butler comes out and plays a solid game and wins, hey it happens in the ncaat all the time. But if they come out and win because the Hogs give up open 3's and easy layups and we hear, YET AGAIN, how a Hog opponent just could not miss, i will be disappointed because it will just be the same ole same ole.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 13, 2018, 07:09:36 am
sounds like the bar of getting higher to me, it was let's get In the tourney, so we are doing that now, now it's make the sweet sixteen, and let's see if we can get to that!

Which is the way it should be.

In Portiis's last season, the expectation was to make the NCAA Tournament. The Hogs not only did that but actually won a game so they overachieved.

Last year, the expectation was to make it to the Round of 32 and they did that.

This year with a Senior laden tean which included what many pundits say is one of the best back court tandems in college basketball along with a 6'11" NBA big man and a deep bench, the expectation was for the Hogs to make it to the Sweet Sixteen.

A loss Friday noight would be very disappointing and the team would be underacheiving.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on March 13, 2018, 09:07:15 am

This year with a Senior laden tean which included what many pundits say is one of the best back court tandems in college basketball along with a 6'11" NBA big man and a deep bench, the expectation was for the Hogs to make it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Except that was not the expectation at all. It was once again just get in. And next year it will be either just get in, or if Gafford does not come back, wait til 2020.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 13, 2018, 09:11:18 am
Except that was not the expectation at all. It was once again just get in. And next year it will be either just get in, or if Gafford does not come back, wait til 2020.

No, the expectation this year was to make it to the Sweet 16. Anyone who expected the Hogs to just get in to the NCAA Tournament were seriously low balling the talent on this team.

I agree with you about next year. If Gafford leaves though, making the NIT next year would be a good achievement IMHO.

Corkscrew Johnson

If you are in year 7 with a coach, and you have 6 seniors, you damn well should be disappointed with a 1st round exit.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on March 13, 2018, 09:14:58 am
No, the expectation this year was to make it to the Sweet 16. Anyone who expected the Hogs to just get in to the NCAA Tournament were seriously low balling the talent on this team.

I agree with you about next year. If Gafford leaves though, making the NIT next year would be a good achievement IMHO.

Guv, have you been reading the board for the last 6 months? The media predicted 6th, and most of the fans were saying just get in. Even the people who are not Mike fans were saying just get in. No on was saying they should make the sweet 16. Now, some said they could with the right draw, but this team is still badly flawed in a couple areas that make deep ncaat runs unlikely.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TebowHater on March 13, 2018, 08:57:24 am
Yeah this concerns me. It will take a minor miracle for CMA not to lose his "One of 4 coaches with 15+ years to never have a losing season" status

Oh I think we can have a winning record but right at around .500. It's not like we ever play a super difficult non conference schedule.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 13, 2018, 09:20:34 am
Guv, have you been reading the board for the last 6 months? The media predicted 6th, and most of the fans were saying just get in. Even the people who are not Mike fans were saying just get in. No on was saying they should make the sweet 16. Now, some said they could with the right draw, but this team is still badly flawed in a couple areas that make deep ncaat runs unlikely.

No, this team has Sweet Sixteen talent. The media greatly underestimated Daniel Gafford. He came in ranked as a 4 star player when in reality he was a 5 star one and done type player. Add to that 6 Seniors which included what many pundits say is one of the best back court tandems in college basketball this year along with a deep bench and that's a Sweet 16 team.

AHiD

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 12, 2018, 10:31:39 pm
Mediocre. Short of the sweet 16 that's how I'll view it. Make the sweet 16 and then elite 8 and I'll say above average.

"Being one of the 8 best teams in the country is just above average" hmmmm
My name...is Jerruh

Letsroll1200

Quote from: GuvHog on March 13, 2018, 09:33:16 am
No, this team has Sweet Sixteen talent. The media greatly underestimated Daniel Gafford. He came in ranked as a 4 star player when in reality he was a 5 star one and done type player. Add to that 6 Seniors which included what many pundits say is one of the best back court tandems in college basketball this year along with a deep bench and that's a Sweet 16 team.

Deep bench? Can you tell me more about this deep bench that you speak of?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 12, 2018, 10:32:59 pm
We won 1 less game than I predicted, so I guess the season to me was close to what I expected. We needed more from the 4 and CJ didn't develop like I expected. Maybe he can be our Anthlon Bell next year.

Losing Friday would P me off, but I realize we were dealt another crappy draw. Butler isn't one to be taken lightly.

I picked us to win 21 games in the regular season. I feel pretty much the same as you on this. Pretty much met expectations but would be exceeded if we made a trip to the Sweet Sixteen.
Hogs up! Covid down!

steveaustin69

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 13, 2018, 09:42:27 am

In year 7 it's Mike's fault there isn't talented depth..

FineAsSwine

The bench is not deep. Only 10 available players out of thirteen scholarships. Of the five bench players, none of them are reliable scorers or dominant defensively. Next year though, our bench will be very deep, especially in guard/wing types.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 13, 2018, 09:43:37 am
In year 7 it's Mike's fault there isn't talented depth..

Still enough there to win 23 games and get a 7 seed so coaching must be compensating for the lack of talent, right?
Hogs up! Covid down!

steveaustin69

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 13, 2018, 09:48:24 am

Still enough there to win 23 games and get a 7 seed so coaching must be compensating for the lack of talent, right?

No. Two All SEC Senior guards and an NBA center should translate to a conference championship (when Kentucky is down) and three seed regardless of depth.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 13, 2018, 09:05:33 am
I had them at 23-8 after the regular season, so they did slightly below what I expected. My expectations were based on having 3 SR guards, which means ALOT in college basketball. Really the only thing I missed was how they would struggle with LSfreakingU for whatever reason.

As for the NCAAT - if they lose Fri because Butler comes out and plays a solid game and wins, hey it happens in the ncaat all the time. But if they come out and win because the Hogs give up open 3's and easy layups and we hear, YET AGAIN, how a Hog opponent just could not miss, i will be disappointed because it will just be the same ole same ole.

little guard and bigs that can knock down the 3, i wasn't surprised by LSU.

I will be disappointed if we are ousted in the first round.  This is the opportunity MA has been waiting for, hell they printed it on the tickets "senior laden team ready to do some damage".  Well damage is at least sweet 16. If he does that then this is one of "those" seasons that people talk about, Macon and Barford ascend to a hallowed spot in the history of the Hogs.

deserthog

I agree with this "deep bench" fallacy. Just because you play a lot of players doesn't mean you are deep. Many times with our lineup on the floor, I actually hope Beard takes the shot!

code red

Quote from: TebowHater on March 12, 2018, 06:03:25 pm
If we were to lose in the first round, how would you judge this season? I am not saying we will lose. I hope we don't.

But for the sake of discussion, and in advance of any emotional resonance attached (which would be inherent after the fact), what say you? Success? Let down? As expected?
I think this team DID underachieve.  Losses to LSU are inexcusable.  Learning how to use Gafford the last 4-5 games is also equally as bad.  Our press doesn't affect anyone.  I know I know....Mike is not going to change....let's hope he can find a way to get up big on butler and hang on.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

USChog

I predicted a sweet sixteen at the start of the season, so under achieved, and I will be majorly disappointed.

USChog

Quote from: code red on March 13, 2018, 10:25:22 am
I think this team DID underachieve.  Losses to LSU are inexcusable.  Learning how to use Gafford the last 4-5 games is also equally as bad.  Our press doesn't affect anyone.  I know I know....Mike is not going to change....let's hope he can find a way to get up big on butler and hang on.

Do you think we learned how to use Gafford the last 4 - 5 games, or do you think he struggled as a freshman in conference play? I believe he progressed majorly over the course of the season, not that we learned how to use him.

Early in the season if Gafford couldn't just straight dunk on a smaller center then he wasn't effective. He now has more moves and has shown he can extend his range some. His rebounding has also improved.

Breems

Quote from: rhames on March 13, 2018, 07:37:57 am

We have seen how low the bar can go. This season isn't it lol.

Correct. Program hasn't been this good in 2 decades.

Ye olde fans will never accept that which is fine.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Quote from: USChog on March 13, 2018, 10:34:11 am
I predicted a sweet sixteen at the start of the season, so under achieved, and I will be majorly disappointed.

Predicting anything in the NCAAT is silliness.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Kevin on March 12, 2018, 06:47:08 pm
On par where cma will be most years
21-24 wins no titles   

That is on par with 90% of all coaches most years.  There is only one title for regular season and one for the tournament and we are in a pretty decent conference with KY standing at the top of the mountain even in a down year for them.  We have been in the hunt for the tournament title the past few years and that is more than most teams can say.  We have a solid record and are in the tournament for the 3rd time in the past 4 years.  Posts like yours makes it sound like we are supposed to win the conference championship every other year or two and be in the elite 8 or better every few years.  We might get to that point under MA or another coach, but it is a building process that takes a lot of luck and great coaching.  Especially when you are doing it legal in a system set up to help the elite and other programs are outright buying players and cheating with little consequence.  North Carolina had fake classes with purchased grades for several years and the NCAA ruled it wasn't a violation.  We had one player cheat on some homework and the NCAA stripped a track national championship from the entire team.

MA hasn't built the program back as fast as hoped and he hasn't achieved the high level success we desire yet, but it doesn't mean he can't and won't.  Recruiting has been better each of the past two years and he has better classes lined up for the next two years already.  Better players will yield better results.

orvillesghost

Unless we make the Sweet 16, I would regard the year as an abject failure, not going to sugar coat it.

But I want to place this in context, if MA had been here three years or less, what we have already done would be a very fine season.

Seven years in however and the fact that in those seven years, we have not won the SEC nor advanced past the Round of 32, I don't see how you could call it anything but a failure...

Ironhawg

I'll worry about Friday when it gets here.  Right now I am enjoying Tuesday.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: code red on March 13, 2018, 10:25:22 am

LSU also beat A&M twice, Miss St, Michigan, Houston, and some other decent schools.  It isn't like they were horrible.  When they beat us at their place, we beat them in virtually every category minus shooting percentage.  We out-rebounded them, we shot over 50%, and we played well other than they shot lights out much like TN did the first half in the semifinal.  That stuff happens in basketball.  If it didn't, the sport wouldn't be any fun because the more favored team would always win.  Why some posters believe it should NEVER happen to AR is simpleminded.  Furthermore, it wasn't as if AR came into the season with a proven group of amazing athletes that several are going to be professional players. 

GuvHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 13, 2018, 09:46:45 am
The bench is not deep. Only 10 available players out of thirteen scholarships. Of the five bench players, none of them are reliable scorers or dominant defensively. Next year though, our bench will be very deep, especially in guard/wing types.

Actually there were only 12 scholarship players available this year and Mike played at least 10 of them almost every game. That's what I meant by deep bench. Even Mike says he has a deep bench.

hobhog

Quote from: Breems on March 13, 2018, 10:37:40 am

Any given year, yes. Over several years a coach should make some noise every once in a while. A loss Friday would be a bad 7 year look.

I think MA needs to win a couple with this line up to keep the malcontents (me) happy. And I thnk they can. But if not and next year is NIT it won't be pretty.

Let's start with a win over BUTLER Friday.

masbas3

Quote from: TebowHater on March 12, 2018, 06:03:25 pm
If we were to lose in the first round, how would you judge this season? I am not saying we will lose. I hope we don't.

But for the sake of discussion, and in advance of any emotional resonance attached (which would be inherent afte2r the fact), what say you? Success? Let down? As expected?

I don't look at what the media or the other SEC coaches had us picked preseason, I expect the UofA in Basketball to be competing for conference championships year in and out, so if we fail in that, then this season was a failure.  Until we get to that point, which I honestly don't think we will under Mike Anderson, then we will constantly continue to have failed to live up to the expectations of what this program can do.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Breems on March 13, 2018, 10:36:26 am
Correct. Program hasn't been this good in 2 decades.

Ye olde fans will never accept that which is fine.

Battered wife syndrome. It's a real thing.  It's okay son, you are allowed to hope for more. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on March 13, 2018, 11:56:36 am
Actually there were only 12 scholarship players available this year and Mike played at least 10 of them almost every game. That's what I meant by deep bench. Even Mike says he has a deep bench.

Ever hear of coachspeak?
Hogs up! Covid down!

niels_boar

The six senior thing is overplayed.  Our two senior stars are JUCO seniors.  Two years in JUCO and two years in the SEC < four years in the SEC.  Another of the seniors is a JUCO who has never started on a regular basis.  Trey and Beard are the only two four-year players in the system.  Trey is a quality backup center.  Beard is a solid starter.  It's not like we have six seniors that have been in the rotation at Arkansas for four years playing together.  One of the talents is a raw frosh that wasn't supposed to be this good.  Losing Garland definitely hurt the guard rotation as well.

Winning 23 games against the #22 SOS was a satisfying result.  Probably about par for this crew.  It's easy to forget that Gafford was having trouble staying on the court during the first couple of months.  We haven't had the current Gafford all year.  He's improved as the season progressed for which the staff deserves some credit. At the beginning of the season the only knowns in roles were that Macon and Barford needed to take a lot of shots.  As late as January, CJ was just firing up shots willy nilly because he had decided it was time to shoot and Hall was regularly turning the ball over on O, which limited his usability.  The bench had to be developed and has improved dramatically since January.  Garland might have been more plug-in ready.  We'll never know.  Nonetheless, there's a reason we are a better team now than in January, and you don't get to start the season with your March team with three frosh and two sophs, who didn't play much as frosh, being most of the bench in a 10-man rotation.

If we lose Friday, it will suck.  Losing in the NCAAT always does unless you are a prohibitive underdog.  However, it's a crapshoot.  USC was not one of the best four teams in the nation last year.  A lot of good teams are going home before Saturday.  It's a numbers thing.  If you get in often enough, your number comes up.  Even if you optimistically consider the chances of us beating Purdue to be, say, 50/50 and getting the win over Butler 60/40, that's still only a 30% chance of winning both.  If you think not making the SS is some abject failure, that's delusional. 
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: niels_boar on March 13, 2018, 02:32:05 pm
The six senior thing is overplayed.  Our two senior stars are JUCO seniors.  Two years in JUCO and two years in the SEC < four years in the SEC.  Another of the seniors is a JUCO who has never started on a regular basis.  Trey and Beard are the only two four-year players in the system.  Trey is a quality backup center.  Beard is a solid starter.  It's not like we have six seniors that have been in the rotation at Arkansas for four years playing together.  One of the talents is a raw frosh that wasn't supposed to be this good.  Losing Garland definitely hurt the guard rotation as well.

Winning 23 games against the #22 SOS was a satisfying result.  Probably about par for this crew.  It's easy to forget that Gafford was having trouble staying on the court during the first couple of months.  We haven't had the current Gafford all year.  He's improved as the season progressed for which the staff deserves some credit. At the beginning of the season the only knowns in roles were that Macon and Barford needed to take a lot of shots.  As late as January, CJ was just firing up shots willy nilly because he had decided it was time to shoot and Hall was regularly turning the ball over on O, which limited his usability.  The bench had to be developed and has improved dramatically since January.  Garland might have been more plug-in ready.  We'll never know.  Nonetheless, there's a reason we are a better team now than in January, and you don't get to start the season with your March team with three frosh and two sophs, who didn't play much as frosh, being most of the bench in a 10-man rotation.

If we lose Friday, it will suck.  Losing in the NCAAT always does unless you are a prohibitive underdog.  However, it's a crapshoot.  USC was not one of the best four teams in the nation last year.  A lot of good teams are going home before Saturday.  It's a numbers thing.  If you get in often enough, your number comes up.  Even if you optimistically consider the chances of us beating Purdue to be, say, 50/50 and getting the win over Butler 60/40, that's still only a 30% chance of winning both.  If you think not making the SS is some abject failure, that's delusional.

311Hog

to be fair they "uofa" sold the senior thing.  Senior Laden ready to do damage.
Well it's time.

PolishPigPower

Honestly, it feels like Groundhog Day.  Start off sizzling in the fall, give everyone increased hope, find your feet in early-January only to follow it with disappointment in late-January and early-February, then go on a run to close the season.  It ensures we aren't ranked, often keeps us wondering how the tourney committee is gonna screw us, and then we play our obligatory game on TBS/TNT/TruTV and disappear until October.

And the next October, we lather-rinse-repeat because someone graduated or got suspended or left early.  I am absolutely ashamed to admit how apathetic I feel, but not ashamed to admit how badly I wish they'd give me a reason to not feel this way.

I guess CMA got me all up in my feels...
Quote from: Cooper on November 16, 2008, 10:35:46 pm
I might try my hand at some porn.

Quote from: Breems on May 02, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
Last post in the Tavern here.  See you guys.  Have fun.

GuvHog

Quote from: niels_boar on March 13, 2018, 02:32:05 pm

The only thing delusional about it is down playing the talent of the players because you're afraid they'll lose and you want to have an excuse to fall back on. That's pretty low.

azhog10

Quote from: TebowHater on March 12, 2018, 06:17:44 pm
To be fair, we were the 6 seed in the SEC tournament. No team technically finished 6th in the SEC as a result of the tie, but we were the closest to it, as reflected by our seed. We were picked 6th and effectively finished 6th (rare the media gets it right!).

But, I fully agree 3 of 4 years in NCAAT is decent and hopefully the new standard. I do question the meeting expectations piece, though. Would no advancements past the round of 32 in 7 years be meeting expectations? I am not saying to fire Mike or that we can do better, but I do think when we hired him the expectations were higher than that.
To be fair we finished tied for 3rd in the tourney. You factor a 3/4 place finish in the tourney and a 4/6 place finish regular season and I'd say we finished ahead of the 6th place finish pick.

Breems

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 13, 2018, 12:45:44 pm
Battered wife syndrome. It's a real thing.  It's okay son, you are allowed to hope for more. 

I do, but I also enjoy what we have which is better than the basement we just recently left.

GA reddiehog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 13, 2018, 10:38:45 am
That is on par with 90% of all coaches most years.  There is only one title for regular season and one for the tournament and we are in a pretty decent conference with KY standing at the top of the mountain even in a down year for them.  We have been in the hunt for the tournament title the past few years and that is more than most teams can say.  We have a solid record and are in the tournament for the 3rd time in the past 4 years.  Posts like yours makes it sound like we are supposed to win the conference championship every other year or two and be in the elite 8 or better every few years.  We might get to that point under MA or another coach, but it is a building process that takes a lot of luck and great coaching.  Especially when you are doing it legal in a system set up to help the elite and other programs are outright buying players and cheating with little consequence.  North Carolina had fake classes with purchased grades for several years and the NCAA ruled it wasn't a violation.  We had one player cheat on some homework and the NCAA stripped a track national championship from the entire team.

MA hasn't built the program back as fast as hoped and he hasn't achieved the high level success we desire yet, but it doesn't mean he can't and won't.  Recruiting has been better each of the past two years and he has better classes lined up for the next two years already.  Better players will yield better results.
How much time should he be given?  I feel he has had ample time if he had done his job.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 12, 2018, 10:37:14 pm
Good season. Enjoyed Macon, Barford and Gafford. Looking forward to the future. Excited about this group that is coming in.

Pretty much my feelings.  Butler is not your ordinary 10 seed, either, and Detroit is as much their backyard as Dallas is ours.  No wonder they're favored by a point.  How often is a 10 seed favored over a 7?  We're the only 7 underdog this year.  Rhode Island is a pick 'em vs. OU, who many think should not have made the tournament.  A&M is favored by 4 over Providence.  Nevada is favored by 1 over Texas, another team some think should be in the NIT.

Win or lose, this has been one of my favorite Razorbacks teams, and I go back to Lanny Van Eman.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

USChog

Quote from: Breems on March 13, 2018, 10:37:40 am

What are you talking about? Everyone across the nation is filling out brackets right now...you know, predicting the NCAAT.

With what we had returned, expecting to win two games in the NCAAT is not silliness. It is time to take the next step.

batmanfan

I'll be alright with the season if we lose Friday, but I'll also start to wonder if this will be as good as it is gonna get.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

rude1

Won't entertain it unless or until it happens. This is no more than setting the table to gripe about something that hasn't happened.

razorback1829

Quote from: GA reddiehog on March 13, 2018, 03:37:35 pm
How much time should he be given?  I feel he has had ample time if he had done his job.

You have no idea how much difficult it is to be a stable and consistent winning program. The thing about it is if you're not a blue blood, you just want to be in the tournament consistently. From there you will have a chance to strike. But let's not have delusions of Arkansas being a blue blood. One thing about CMA is, is that he has shown the ability to strike and get on runs in the tournament. He's got the consistency of being there now. Now he's about due to strike.

The_Bionic_Pig

Daniel Gafford averages 12 pts 6 rb's 2blks a game you honestly believe Chaney + Henderson can't replace that???

Your confusing *Windmill Dunks* with MVP numbers.

Dro is your starting PF contingent on if Chaney & Hen are in the game at the same time.

CJ is not going to beat out any of the SG's coming in this fall...that means yes he will be a Junior coming off the bench.  Jaylen & Zay will manage the PG position with Embry occasionally bringing it up the court....the remainder are 2's unless Khalil return's to the court.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hobhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 13, 2018, 05:44:02 pm
Daniel Gafford averages 12 pts 6 rb's 2blks a game you honestly believe Chaney + Henderson can't replace that???

Your confusing *Windmill Dunks* with MVP numbers.

Dro is your starting PF contingent on if Chaney & Hen are in the game at the same time.

CJ is not going to beat out any of the SG's coming in this fall...that means yes he will be a Junior coming off the bench.  Jaylen & Zay will manage the PG position with Embry occasionally bringing it up the court....the remainder are 2's unless Khalil return's to the court.

Wow. If you can't see the talent and overall difference Gafford makes then you have zero cred. You act like two guys trying to replace one is no big deal.

He is a huge difference maker and draws tons of attention from opposing teams. We wouldnt have made the tournament without him and that's saying a lot for a true freshman.

raz1965

First Gafford is being a high draft pick on potential, but saying that am proud of his freshmen production. Should the Razorbacks lose in the first or second round I will be disappointed, but have seen many many highly ranked teams go down early over my lifetime. It's really unfair to judge a year on a ncaa loss. I do know it would be huge for the hogs to advance to at least the sweet 16 for many reasons, man do I hope they do. It is very likely but not a given that it will be 2020 before they another opportunity   like this yrs.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin