Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

That garbage TD by Pitt just took my 12-2 record to 10-4. Still a good day, but I hate losing. Especially like that.

Looking good on the SJSt game and like I said the over ended up being the easiest money all year maybe.

Always love winning money on the Hogs. I had under 58.5, 60.5, 67.5, Hogs +31.4, and 2h Hogs +14.

Added

Oregon -27.5  1*
Oregon v Ore St o67.5  1*

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

widespreadsooie

South Carolina -3 bought down from -3.5 could be a banger for me tomorrow. Would love some feed back this.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 29, 2013, 06:29:34 pm
South Carolina -3 bought down from -3.5 could be a banger for me tomorrow. Would love some feed back this.

I'm not playing this game. Scares me either way
Way
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 29, 2013, 07:05:27 pm
I'm not playing this game. Scares me either way
Way

It is a scary game. i got in at S. Carolina -5, but I think Clemson might be a good bet at +5. Heck, the "over" might be the better bet with the O/U at 58.
Go Hogs Go!

DadVader1

I'm paying for the lesson that you can throw the numbers away when it comes to rivalries (went 0-3 today).   With that in mind, the spreadsheets love Clemson +5.  I'm not playing it but just passing it along.

WILL CLINTON

Went 12-5 today for a running weekly total of 16-7 this week. Tomorrow is a full card and lets hope this continues.

Hawgndaaz

WILL CLINTON

Played so far

Duke +4  1*
Duke +9.5  1*
Duke v NC o63  1*
Mich +17  1*
Ohio St -10  1*
Vandy -15  1*
Florida +24.5  1*
Florida v FSU o46.5  1*

widespreadsooie

Little late, just woke up but 2u a piece on:

Vandy -14
VT -10.5
Bama/AUB o53.5
MIZ/A&M u71
SC -3

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 30, 2013, 11:35:33 am
Little late, just woke up but 2u a piece on:

Vandy -14
VT -10.5
Bama/AUB o53.5
MIZ/A&M u71
SC -3

You got a good chance to go 5-0 in my opinion. Good Luck

WILL CLINTON

November 30, 2013, 11:40:12 am #5861 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:50:55 am by WILL CLINTON
VT -11  2*
Baylor -15  3*
Bama -11  3*
OSU v Mich o66.5  1*
Mich +13.5  1*

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 30, 2013, 11:36:40 am
You got a good chance to go 5-0 in my opinion. Good Luck

Appreciate that, good luck to you too and keep it up!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

WILL CLINTON

Indiana -20.5  1*
Georgia -2.5  2*
SC -3  1*
UTSA -16  2*
ND +16  1*
Wisky -25.5  2*
TAMU +5  2*
Midd Tenn -24.5  2*

Vols -3 bought hook / 5 units
UCLA +4 / 5 units
Already posted Irish +15.5 / two dimes
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

November 30, 2013, 03:05:01 pm #5866 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:33:39 pm by WILL CLINTON
Not too good on my early action. Went 6-8.

Got 11 games already posted for this evening, more to come.

Added:
Bama -7.5  1*
Wisky -14.5  1*
Georgia +4  1*
Baylor -17.5  1*
Baylor v TCU o64.5  1*
Bama -4.5  1*
Ga Tech -10.5  2*
Bama -3.5  1*

WILL CLINTON

2h Indiana -8  1*
2h Ga Tech +3  1*
2h VTech -3.5  1*
2h Baylor -7  1*
2h Bama -3.5  1*

WILL CLINTON

November 30, 2013, 07:06:42 pm #5868 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:17:16 pm by WILL CLINTON
Well, lost all 5 of my 2nd half bets, all my Bama bets, all my baylor bets....Not a good afternoon.

After 6-8 in the early games, I went 5-17 in the mid portion for a horrendous 11-25.

Trying to make it back this evening. Already posted about TAMU +5, ND +16, and SC -3.

Added:
TAMU +3.5  1*
ND +18.5  1*
SC -2.5  1*
SC -7  1*
USC -5  1*
Tenn -4  1*

WILL CLINTON

November 30, 2013, 08:16:45 pm #5869 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:35:16 pm by WILL CLINTON
2h Tenn ML  2*
2h SC -.5  1*
ND -14.5  1*
2h UCLA +3.5  1*
UCLA -10.5  1*

hollywood hog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 30, 2013, 02:50:06 pm
Vols -3 bought hook / 5 units
UCLA +4 / 5 units
Already posted Irish +15.5 / two dimes

Damn u r lucky. This notre dame game is something else. Missed calls and miracle plays.

WILL CLINTON

Hawgndaaz

I can promise you Jeff isnt lucky lol. Follow his dime plays and get money.

hollywood hog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 30, 2013, 09:32:42 pm
I can promise you Jeff isnt lucky lol. Follow his dime plays and get money.

I know the man is good. But he has had some unreal wins this year. I'm just sour because I took a beatdown. Jeff is good. Runs like he's Michael mizrachi but he's good too. Killer combo

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 30, 2013, 08:35:46 pm
Damn u r lucky. This notre dame game is something else. Missed calls and miracle plays.

:)
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

November 30, 2013, 09:38:07 pm #5875 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:53:14 pm by WILL CLINTON
7-0-1 on my late plays. Waiting on TAMU and UCLA/USC to finish. Not enough to break even today, but better than my afternoon plays.

SDSt -6.5  1*

Last play of the night:

2h Arizona St -3.5  3*

WILL CLINTON

21-29-1

I got to find something else to do with my time while I'm at work. If it's slow, I bet WAYYY TOO MUCH.

widespreadsooie

DadVader1

I picked the wrong week to double the size of my plays.  I should've known better than to make that adjustment on rivalry weekend, particularly since I rely so heavily on numbers.  Fortunately, I laid off parlays this weekend.  I went 2-4 ATS on the weekend for -10 units on the week.  That makes it 63-38-3 (62.4%) ATS on the season and 41-17 (70.7%) on parlays on the season for +38.3 units.

Here's how it went:

Toledo -7 (bought the hook) L
Kan St. -16  W
Bay -11.5  L
NM +36.5  W
E Carolina +3  L
Fresno -6.5 (bought the hook).  L

MuskogeeHogFan

The Good: Arkansas +24.5, Missouri -4, Auburn +11

The Bad: Ole Miss -4

The Ugly: Texas Tech +5, Clemson +5

3-3 Ugh.
Go Hogs Go!

Nothing I just love today.

Bears +1 / 2 units
Tampa +7.5 / 3 units
Jets & Dolphins under 40 / 2 units
Pats & Texans over 48 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 30, 2013, 09:35:04 pm
I know the man is good. But he has had some unreal wins this year. I'm just sour because I took a beatdown. Jeff is good. Runs like he's Michael mizrachi but he's good too. Killer combo

Lol I have some some weeks with as bad or worse luck than it is when it's good.  From taking the knee when a field goal covers to a team just running clock and accidentally scoring.  The team winning and covering who knows why throws the int return for a TD to allow the back door cover to a huge dog.

Any way you can get screwed I've done it.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Yep, I'm starting to amass a list of bad luck games too.  So far, I think the "best" one that's happened to me was when the team intentionally took a safety in the final seconds to give away the cover so they could free kick instead of punt.  And maybe the substitute refs blowing the call on the final play in the GB/Seattle game last season.

Am I losing my mind or did the bears just attempt a field goal with 2nd and 7 on Vikes 29?   Is Bert coaching that team?  Retard calls aren't restricted to Hawg coaches!
Let's make some waves.

Should have been an easy 3 for 4 this morning. Bert is calling the O for the Bears. Only answer.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

For this weekend

Auburn -1.5  2*
Mich St +6  2*
Duke +29  2*

I can almost guarantee I will be adding more to these as the week goes on, especially if the mich st and duke lines move in my favor.

HogFanatic

First of all, apologies to the board. I ranted and raved at this place the other night.
I guess the negativity finally got to me and broke me down. Haha

Second. Guys, mark this one down. Michigan State is gonna beat the TAR out of Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game.
Seriously, this game is a lock.
Michigan State has THE BEST defense in the country. Ohio State is being talked about as if they're already playing for the Natty. You wanna talk about billboard material. Haha.
Michigan State is gonna dominate this game and the Natty will be up for grabs between Florida State and Missouri.
Missouri wins it all.

Quote from: HogFanatic on December 01, 2013, 07:47:46 pm
First of all, apologies to the board. I ranted and raved at this place the other night.
I guess the negativity finally got to me and broke me down. Haha

Second. Guys, mark this one down. Michigan State is gonna beat the TAR out of Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game.
Seriously, this game is a lock.
Michigan State has THE BEST defense in the country. Ohio State is being talked about as if they're already playing for the Natty. You wanna talk about billboard material. Haha.
Michigan State is gonna dominate this game and the Natty will be up for grabs between Florida State and Missouri.
Missouri wins it all.

Don't recall having seen ranting and raving but either way no worries. I do it all the time. Just generally not in this thread. Was it in here?

FYI I love Mich ST too.
Let's make some waves.

nughaud

Been out of town since Wed... The good news, I made lots of money with Bitcoin, was able to watch some college and pro football, and didn't lose any money betting.

The bad news, I wasn't betting... lol

HogFanatic

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 01, 2013, 07:57:43 pm
Don't recall having seen ranting and raving but either way no worries. I do it all the time. Just generally not in this thread. Was it in here?

FYI I love Mich ST too.

Nah man. I created a thread and acted a fool.

Anyways, Michigan State with a solid win.

Missouri is a tougher call, but I'd take them in a barn burner. They are geared to run with Auburn and they have better talent.

widespreadsooie

I like MIC St. to win. I'll be on them plus the points. I'll also be on FSU more than likely. I see a major blowout. Will also be on AUB ML small to hedge against my MIZ futures at +17000.

WILL CLINTON

I'm not posting every game like I usually do, but I did figure everything for the week. Total of 71 bets. Insane, but like I said, when there's nothing to do at work, I just bet every line I can find.

Weely Record:
37-33-1  53%  -$46

Overall Record:
145-141-9 (51%)  $408  -86% ROI

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on December 02, 2013, 12:22:57 am
I'm not posting every game like I usually do, but I did figure everything for the week. Total of 71 bets. Insane, but like I said, when there's nothing to do at work, I just bet every line I can find.

Weely Record:
37-33-1  53%  -$46

Overall Record:
145-141-9 (51%)  $408  -86% ROI

Will all I will say is I saw much better numbers and profit margin from you last year.  You are a better capper than your numbers indicate this season.

You know what you are doing wrong so stop it young man :)

Start with a big board early in the week and trim it down as the week goes.  When you start doing what you are doing now which is playing way too many bets it takes your focus off finding your big winners and clouds your judgement on everything.

You are doing yourself a disservice!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

I'd like to see Jeff's totals on dime plays this season. gotta be hitting at a pretty high rate.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 02, 2013, 09:36:07 am
I'd like to see Jeff's totals on dime plays this season. gotta be hitting at a pretty high rate.

Very solid.  Will go back and look it up.
Let's make some waves.

OldCoot

Quote from: nughaud on December 01, 2013, 08:10:40 pm
Been out of town since Wed... The good news, I made lots of money with Bitcoin, was able to watch some college and pro football, and didn't lose any money betting.

The bad news, I wasn't betting... lol

Only other person I see using bitcoin.  I posted a link a while back of a bitcoin betting site.

Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

December 02, 2013, 07:06:18 pm #5897 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:31:57 pm by Hawgndaaz
think im taking over and a small play on saints money line +240

Sproles is playing, Harvin is not

Spikes

I keep seeing the word "Bitcoin".

What is Bitcoin?

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 02, 2013, 09:13:49 am
Will all I will say is I saw much better numbers and profit margin from you last year.  You are a better capper than your numbers indicate this season.

You know what you are doing wrong so stop it young man :)

Start with a big board early in the week and trim it down as the week goes.  When you start doing what you are doing now which is playing way too many bets it takes your focus off finding your big winners and clouds your judgement on everything.

You are doing yourself a disservice!

I know. I realize and think about all of this as I'm doing it. Last weekend, I had less than half as many bets as this weekend, and hit 62%. When I'm at home and nothing is going on, I still have kids, g/f, house stuff, etc to take my mind off of being bored. But at work, all I can do is stare at a screen when there is nothing going on. so I end up with 3-5 games going, and a screen that is just set to the in-game bets screen.

To be honest, after I got down so much in the first part of the season, I honestly didn't even think I'd still be in it this year, so I have been AWFULLY reckless. This is my worst year by far, and I know 100% what to attribute it to.