Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey, Dustin, and Anton

Started by PORKULATOR, January 23, 2018, 09:29:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

A lot of you guys on here are way too hard on these guys. They played tonight like Razorbacks who have the heart to never quit and I hope you noticed. Veteran play and without we don't come close in this game.
Maten and Ogbiede had Gafford looking puny.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Also, Beard gets elbowed in the face alot for this team. Twice tonight and neither went to replay.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

arkfan81

I'll say this, uga post players are physical and big. I actually thought TT and DG did well vs them. TT is our biggest guy and vs uga guys, looked small.

I had the same point of view as ref, I don't think he had a good look..as far as Anton being elbowed

As far as Dustin goes, I think he gave us the spark to get going.. his buckets were big..
Have faith...

niels_boar

Yeah, they all played very well.  The flexibility on the roster paid off.  I warned posters not to give up on Thompson when he didn't look useful against the small teams.  He came up big tonight when halfcourt, big-boy ball was the order of the day.  Dustin also brought the beef to the court and provided some scoring punch that got the O out of its malaise.  Anton played a great game on a bad wheel.  He made big shots, had some huge assists, and got some boards that he had no business getting.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hawg Red

All 3 have quite a few warts to their game, but they were definitely instrumental last night. Big ups to Thomas in particular for being a DNP-CD Saturday and bringing it when called upon.

younghog

Beard to me had his best game of the year.. Not wasting effort on trying to shoot between the trees except for once and it counted..

Trey played very well, however a lot of his received under the goal passes he fumbles on.. He has history of fumbling down low it seems.. Yet he had 2 nice easy buckets in first half.

GO HOGS

Hawg Red

Quote from: younghog on January 24, 2018, 08:45:05 am
Beard to me had his best game of the year.. Not wasting effort on trying to shoot between the trees except for once and it counted..

Trey played very well, however a lot of his received under the goal passes he fumbles on.. He has history of fumbling down low it seems.. Yet he had 2 nice easy buckets in first half.

Yeah, Trey had a very costly fumble late (maybe even in OT) that would have been a sure layup for us.

LRHawg

Hogs were tough. Beard and Barford caught elbows to the face, no mention by announcers and whistles swallowed. Proud of them.

hawginbigd1

To me DTs physicality last night was just about as important as all of Macons points at the end.

hawginbigd1

TT was kind of meh for the total game, did some good and bad but definitely had one of the hero plays.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 24, 2018, 11:40:54 am
To me DTs physicality last night was just about as important as all of Macons points at the end.
truth. He made Maten more uncomfortable than Gafford could.

arkfan81

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 24, 2018, 11:42:46 am
TT was kind of meh for the total game, did some good and bad but definitely had one of the hero plays.

Meh for the game? He's block sealed the win if I'm not mistaken. He sets picks, rebounds and passes pretty well for big guy..

Just needs to develop his jump shot..
Have faith...

HoopS

Beard has made a lot of big shots for us. Also has gotten some rebounds amongst the trees. Dude plays hard. Nothing but props to him.

Trey can really help us at times and last night was one of them.

Dustin has some ability. Plays hard. Needs to be a little cleaner on picks.