Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is priceless,

Started by 1highhog, January 23, 2018, 06:16:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdlc

Quote from: jjdlc on January 23, 2018, 07:19:18 am
Can't really say for sure if the state of North Caroline would be any better about taking care of a former Duke player than Kentucky is about taking care of former Kentucky players (They don't), but the degree from Duke certainly carries more weight.
Agree, though few (if any) of the recent one and dones at Duke have come back to get a degree.

deserthog

I can see where getting a degree from Duke can set you up for life but doubt Williamson will hang around long enough to get that degree.

jjdlc

Hog Fan...DOH!

I hope Coach Cal's schtick is growing tired.  He cheated his way to the top.  Now there, when it matters most, he can't overcome the best coaches either on the court or off. 

onebadrubi

Who are these people fooling?  These kids won't be getting their degrees, this time around. 

Coach K is probably just as dirty in the aau circuit as anyone

hawgball40

i'm not sure how many of you know much at all about williamson. he's fat and out of shape and playing on a bum knee. now granted, despite all this he's like a poor man's lebron james but still, he has issues, and the knee is the #1 thing. he's gonna need alot of work to make it at the college level body wise and to recover that knee, let alone making it to the nba. another injury to his knee will likely mean a 4 year college degree. duke is a smart decision for a guy like that.

hawgball40

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2018, 08:47:43 am
Who are these people fooling?  These kids won't be getting their degrees, this time around. 

Coach K is probably just as dirty in the aau circuit as anyone
he's the dirtiest of them all bar none, and if you take money from him and go elsewhere he will snitch on you. but at the same time, he is the best coach of them all as well. just watch a duke game. they play like darn, he calls timeout and they go on huge runs to get back in it. the man is an excellent coach, so that plays a role in his recruiting prowess as well.

HogInThaGrove

I love hearing that snake cry.  Cry me a river Crappapari.

Hoggish1

priceless and clueless...  I love that Duke is getting better players that aren't buying Cal's used cars...  Duke way > than Kaintuck

bville_hog

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 23, 2018, 10:11:15 am
he's the dirtiest of them all bar none, and if you take money from him and go elsewhere he will snitch on you. but at the same time, he is the best coach of them all as well. just watch a duke game. they play like darn, he calls timeout and they go on huge runs to get back in it. the man is an excellent coach, so that plays a role in his recruiting prowess as well.

No way Cal isn't the dirtiest.  Pintino was second but he is gone.  Duke probably is too  even though they could probably get the same players with out.  NC is up there with Kentucky and Louisville also.

HamIAm

I haven't cared what he had to say for 20+ years, but I would like to hear what Dickie V has to say about this, just to see who he burns.

1highhog

The only reason I posted this was because of Calipari crying over it.  I'm not at all behind Duke and Coach K, I believe he is in the top 5 of the dirtiest coaches of them all.  Do I believe he's a great coach, hell yes he's a great coach.

jm

Cal is just saying that a Kentucky degree is worthless and you better make it as a player if you come there, or you are going to be clerking at the convenience store.