Les Miles speaks on John Chavis

Started by Flrazrback, January 19, 2018, 09:44:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Good stuff, sounds like les just rolled out of bed

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

NoogaHog

But he did take a shot at Chavis's aTm defense while defending Chavis by saying that some aTm defenders would not tackle Fournette due to making a "business decision" and that was beyond Chavis' control. Make of that what you will.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

redeye

January 20, 2018, 12:11:41 am #4 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:21:48 am by redeye
"If I had a job, Chavis would be in the Huddle"

"I'd hire him back"

So what do we know about Chavis' contract?

edit: NM... just found it.  Nice of ATM to help us pay for Chavis...  ;D

hobhog

SooieGeneris

It's funny that Chavis agreed to make just under $1 mil this year, a cut of $600,000 big ones. Probably did that just to stick it to the Aggies for not retaining him since they have to pay the difference, 'cause if he was to make the same, they would owe nothing..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Hoggish1

Looks like lock down corners are next! You know, this guy on that guy, etc.

The NewEra

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 20, 2018, 07:33:04 am
Looks like lock down corners are next! You know, this guy on that guy, etc.

With Curl and Pulley returning we might have a head start on that position.

LZH

Quote from: The NewEra on January 20, 2018, 09:33:02 am
With Curl and Pulley returning we might have a head start on that position.

Question: Are they fast enough to play press coverage? I really don't know.

Paul

Quote from: LZH on January 20, 2018, 09:36:52 am
Question: Are they fast enough to play press coverage? I really don't know.
Pulley is. Not sure about Curl yet.

wildhogman

Quote from: Paul on January 20, 2018, 09:47:56 am
Feet speed yes I think so. reaction time is what we will have to watch.  Remember Wilson who played for the Hogs with MJ at wideout?  Who would have thought he make a good DB in the pro's?  Reaction time is everything

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Paul on January 20, 2018, 09:47:56 am

Curl got beat a coupe times last year and other times was lock down, he has the frame, and from i saw last year can be a solid cover corner with decent coaching.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GoHogs1091

Miles wouldn't have been the LSU Head Coach for as long as he was if he hadn't of hired Chavis.

Morris made a good hire by hiring Chavis.

ALLVOL

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 20, 2018, 03:29:37 pm
Miles wouldn't have been the LSU Head Coach for as long as he was if he hadn't of hired Chavis.

I absolutely agree.

hog.goblin

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 20, 2018, 01:15:08 am
It's funny that Chavis agreed to make just under $1 mil this year, a cut of $600,000 big ones. Probably did that just to stick it to the Aggies for not retaining him since they have to pay the difference, 'cause if he was to make the same, they would owe nothing..

Just under $1M also saves the foundation $200K per year in excise tax.  We are about to see a lot of coordinators making $900K

King Kong

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2018, 03:00:28 pm
Calloway may be in the mix too.

I thought Calloway covered better than Curl in his limited PT. Curl has the size Chavis likes on the outside.

Of course Curl could improve a lot. Pulley was burned his FR year against Tennessee Tech and then had a tremendous year 2.

Also, Curl maybe better at the boundary corner instead of field as well.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing him play safety either. As we have no experience other than Santos

swineology

DeltaBoy

Chavis won 2-5 games a year at LSU for Les.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

I really don't think we know what we got at this time.  You can't have film on players who never got on the field.  We may or may not have a good player or 3 or 4 that no one has yet seen.

Redhogs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 20, 2018, 03:29:37 pm

Not disagreeing but...why do you think his #'s were so bad a TA&M?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?