Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Coaches Quote!

Started by OLEJACKETFAN, January 19, 2018, 08:18:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLEJACKETFAN

Everyone knows I have a lot of respect for him. I think hes great! I remember watching the Transformation from the previous Offense to his, and it was almost overnight. They came out doing a great job. Great Football Coach!    Im bored so I put this quote out. A Coach said this about Morris several years ago. Does anyone know who said it?  Im sure someone will figure it out. If not I will post the answer in a little while!

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PonderinHog

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PonderinHog

wildhogman

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 19, 2018, 09:03:11 pm
well, where's the quote?
if I had to guess I ould say the quote is the first few sentences, He just for got the ". 
"Everyone knows I have a lot of respect for him. I think hes great! I remember watching the Transformation from the previous Offense to his, and it was almost overnight. They came out doing a great job. Great Football Coach!"

As for who said it?  I'd guess Dabo but that's a shoot in the dark guess.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

PonderinHog

QuoteSometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.
:-[

OLEJACKETFAN

Im just bored tonight. Guess I didn't make it real clear. In 2011 Urban Meyer said it about CM. He called CM to interview for the OSU Coordinator job. Dabo got CM a raise, where CM became the highest paid Coordinator in the Nation, so CM stayed at Clemson. Herman ended up getting the OSU job. Just a little history for Hog Fans.

Flrazrback

That's a very strong endorcement considering it comes from Urban. I'm sure many don't like Coach Myers, but his record speaks for itself.  Dabo also sings the praises of Coach Morris.

greasy_corner

FraggleHog

Quote from: Flrazrback on January 19, 2018, 09:30:19 pm
That's a very strong endorcement considering it comes from Urban. I'm sure many don't like Coach Myers, but his record speaks for itself.  Dabo also sings the praises of Coach Morris.

Urban Myers... never heard of her...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

greenie

searkhogfan

RazorWhacker

Quote from: wildhogman on January 19, 2018, 09:12:50 pm
if I had to guess I ould say the quote is the first few sentences, He just for got the ". 
"Everyone knows I have a lot of respect for him. I think hes great! I remember watching the Transformation from the previous Offense to his, and it was almost overnight. They came out doing a great job. Great Football Coach!"

As for who said it?  I'd guess Dabo but that's a shoot in the dark guess.

You could be wrong, but don't shot the messenger.

wildhogman

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 19, 2018, 10:11:56 pm
You could be wrong, but don’t shot the messenger.
Oh I figured I was wrong. But atleast I did manage to spot the quote lol.
Pretty strong endorcements for our new coach

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JIHawg

FrozenHam

Set checks out!  Nice work digging that ole thing up!  Thanks Rebel123!  +1

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FrozenHam on January 19, 2018, 10:40:32 pm
Set checks out!  Nice work digging that ole thing up!  Thanks Rebel123!  +1

The good old days! National Anthem at midnight when the stations signed off for the night.

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 19, 2018, 10:43:02 pm
The good old days! National Anthem at midnight when the stations signed off for the night.
Don't forget The Little Breadcast! 

searkhogfan

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 19, 2018, 10:25:20 pm

You just confused a lot of these posters with that.  They have no idea what it is...

sickboy

So, I'm in the mountains in Utah. And I've been drinking some High West whiskey and all of a sudden there was a tipping point from drink three to four and suddenly I'm drunk. And when I read this post, I lost track of space and time. I have no feeling in my lower legs. Either from the twelve inches of snow or the whiskey... or this post. Where am I?

PonderinHog

Quote from: sickboy on January 19, 2018, 11:02:03 pm
So, I'm in the mountains in Utah. And I've been drinking some High West whiskey and all of a sudden there was a tipping point from drink three to four and suddenly I'm drunk. And when I read this post, I lost track of space and time. I have no feeling in my lower legs. Either from the twelve inches of snow or the whiskey... or this post. Where am I?
Take me drunk!  I'm home!

rtr

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on January 19, 2018, 09:23:33 pm
Im just bored tonight. Guess I didn't make it real clear. In 2011 Urban Meyer said it about CM. He called CM to interview for the OSU Coordinator job. Dabo got CM a raise, where CM became the highest paid Coordinator in the Nation, so CM stayed at Clemson. Herman ended up getting the OSU job. Just a little history for Hog Fans.
Urban doesn't endear himself to a lot of people but he does know his business better than anyone Nick Saban aside.  I can't think of a better stamp of approval.  I appreciate your input OLEJACKETFAN.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

(notOM)Rebel123

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 20, 2018, 07:40:26 am
Cecil Guthrie?
Yeah, long-time friend of the family.  He came out to the house many years ago and recorded mom on our old pump organ.  That was the background music for his Little  Breadcast.  His son overcame some kind of childhood illness and won the Arkansas high school decathlon in the early 60's or late 50's.  Cecil was one of the nicest people I have ever known.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 20, 2018, 08:00:12 am
Yeah, long-time friend of the family.  He came out to the house many years ago and recorded mom on our old pump organ.  That was the background music for his Little  Breadcast.  His son overcame some kind of childhood illness and won the Arkansas high school decathlon in the early 60's or late 50's.  Cecil was one of the nicest people I have ever known.

Yeah, but that was some hard to watch TV, some things are better left to radio.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 08:07:10 am
Yeah, but that was some hard to watch TV, some things are better left to radio.
Hey now, I had the book!   8)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 20, 2018, 08:00:12 am

Good stuff. He sure was a nice man.
Didn't your Mom used to give piano lessons in the red brick house on West Main?

codeHog

theFlyingHog

Am I the only one who thought I was on acid while reading OP?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 19, 2018, 10:49:37 pm
Don't forget The Little Breadcast! 

Who could? That takes me back.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 20, 2018, 10:03:03 pm
Good stuff. He sure was a nice man.
Didn't your Mom used to give piano lessons in the red brick house on West Main?
Yes, along with quite a few others over the years.

jgphillips3

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 20, 2018, 10:12:40 pm
Am I the only one who thought I was on acid while reading OP?

No.  I too think you were on acid while reading it.

rzrbaxfan

This thread has me a bit confused.

You can quote me on that.

jswineberiaskirk

One radio station that used to sign off at midnight where I live played Dixie

snoblind

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 19, 2018, 10:25:20 pm

Who actually remembers seeing that live would make a good Tavern thread. 

Or who remembers being their dad's remote control and having to get up to change the channel.  I remember observing that if I have to get up and change the channel I ought to be able to choose it.  That just got me the look. 

PonderinHog

Crap, I thought it was a show!   :-[

steveaustin69

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on January 19, 2018, 08:18:05 pm
Everyone knows I have a lot of respect for him. I think hes great! I remember watching the Transformation from the previous Offense to his, and it was almost overnight. They came out doing a great job. Great Football Coach!    Im bored so I put this quote out. A Coach said this about Morris several years ago. Does anyone know who said it?  Im sure someone will figure it out. If not I will post the answer in a little while!

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-s-morris-says-osu-s-meyer-considered-him-for/article_0c1bf0d3-9e42-532a-a7cd-77f192b497af.html

steveaustin69

Quote from: Flrazrback on January 19, 2018, 09:30:19 pm

Who?

HamboFirstBlood

OLDHOG

yep. I knew it was time for bed then.