Possible Transfer QB to Watch?

Started by WoooPigSooieShane, January 19, 2018, 10:28:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WoooPigSooieShane

Clemson Football‏Verified account
@ClemsonFB
Follow Follow @ClemsonFB
More
"Thank you to Coach Swinney, the Clemson staff & the best fans in college football for an incredible two years."

It has been a pleasure, 6️⃣. We wish for nothing but great success for Zerrick Cooper as he moves on from #Clemson.

Forever a Tiger. Forever #ALLIN

#ClemsonFamily

10:00 AM - 19 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/954383149596803072

Matt Barber‏
@dixiefriedsport
Follow Follow @dixiefriedsport
More Matt Barber Retweeted TigerNet.com
Arkansas fans watch this.  Chad Morris was his recruiter

10:06 AM - 19 Jan 2018
https://twitter.com/dixiefriedsport/status/954384700495327233

RME

The_Iceman

That would be a good addition. I see a few of the current QBs on the roster moving on in the next year.

hillbilly

Looks like he was highly touted coming out of high school! Would be a great pick up for us.

DiamondHogFan

247Hog

Might help to have a more mobile QB until we develop stability on the OL.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

onebadrubi

I thought all Jonesboro guys hated the hogs...

hillbilly

Going to Jacksonville St. Never lucky.

NEA_HogFan

King Kong

Morris was his lead recruiter when he committed to Clemson.

If I were him I'd go Juco and see if I can get back to DI without losing a year of eligibility

SooieGeneris

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2018, 10:31:11 am
That would be a good addition. I see a few of the current QBs on the roster moving on in the next year.

A few? We only have what, 4 on scholarship? Kelley, Storey, Hyatt and Noland? Did I miss anyone? If any more than one leave it would be a concern.

The kid is leaving Clemson because he is behind Bryant and they have the #1 QB recruit already enrolled, so he is likely odd man out for the starting position with Bryant a year ahead of him and Trevor Lawrence a year behind.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Porknoxville

Read where he is leaning toward transferring to a non power 5 school. Maybe CCM can get him in, but does he just want 2 years of eligibility?

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Porknoxville on January 19, 2018, 01:13:04 pm
Read where he is leaning toward transferring to a non power 5 school. Maybe CCM can get him in, but does he just want 2 years of eligibility?

If they still run his system...it would be an awesome pick.

SamBuckhart

Some Clemson fans rooting for him to go Arkansas.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: SamBuckhart on January 20, 2018, 06:44:03 am
Some Clemson fans rooting for him to go Arkansas.
Maybe they don't want to have to play against him.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ChicoHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 19, 2018, 12:07:23 pm
A few? We only have what, 4 on scholarship? Kelley, Storey, Hyatt and Noland? Did I miss anyone? If any more than one leave it would be a concern.

The kid is leaving Clemson because he is behind Bryant and they have the #1 QB recruit already enrolled, so he is likely odd man out for the starting position with Bryant a year ahead of him and Trevor Lawrence a year behind.
And they have Hunter Johnson who was one of the top QBs in the 2017 class.  They are recruiting at an unbelievable level the last few years.

redleg

A dual threat QB is not necessary in a Chad Morris offense. Only a QB that can move in the pocket, and scramble when needed. The ability to run in space is a bonus, but not required. Look at the SMU QB from last year. He had less than 100 yards rushing and only 1 rushing TD for the whole season. His main job was to get his team into the right play, and distribute the ball to his playmakers. That is what an Arkansas QB will be asked to do as well. Cole Kelley, once he has slimmed down to around 240-250 lbs, is more that capable of doing just that. So is Ty Storey. So is Daulton Hyatt. So is Connor Noland.
But Storey will transfer if he doesn't win the starting job in the spring.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

redleg, Morris' ideal system is NOT what he had at SMU. WE ARE NOT SMU.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GoHogs1091

Perhaps Coach Morris can get Cooper to decide to choose us.  He would be a good pick-up for us.

Cooper is a good QB.  There is just a lot of talent over there that is vying for their starting QB position.

Kelly Bryant   Has a season of starting experience under his belt.
Hunter Johnson   5 Star   The #2 ranked Pro-Style QB in the nation when he came out of High School, and the #30 ranked overall player in the nation.
Trevor Lawrence   5 Star   The #1 ranked Pro-Style QB in the nation, and the #1 ranked overall player in the nation.