Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dylan Hays

Started by hoofer, January 18, 2018, 10:57:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoofer

What position did he play majority of the year this year?

Wondering if he will be a likely candidate at C now.

Hugo Bezdek

I think he played both ways last year due to depth at C and lack of at NG. I'm sure he'll be first in line to get a look at C.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hoofer on January 18, 2018, 10:57:08 pm
What position did he play majority of the year this year?

Wondering if he will be a likely candidate at C now.

He was in both the DLine and Oline meeting rooms for a lot of spring and fall last season.  Spring he took some reps from backup C rogers at the time but I'm not so sure that wasn't for other reasons besides performance measured betwee. The two.  He also spent a fair amount of time and reps at dline as the third guy in the center ng spot on the dline. 

I highly doubt he stays at dline, however that's what he was recruited from by Sam Pittman but for the intention to transition him to a powerful quick Olineman. 

There will be a lot of people take center snaps come spring.  We have to find 3 able guys

FANONTHEHILL

I saw the list of workout groups and all lineman from both sides of the ball are grouped together.  Dylan will an an asset wherever he ends up.  The young man is a player.  Many of the guys have told me that everyone is being evaluated and there could likely be some shuffling from one side of ball to the other for a handful.  They are doing the baseline, HT, WT, body fat%, and so on this week.  They will formulate a plan for each individual player and hit the ground running (yes, pun intended) next week.   
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

lakecityhog

Fan, I would assume that any possible shifting would be with the younger guys??? I wouldn't understand moving a senior or maybe even a junior.

Flrazrback

Coach Carroll is going to be in full effect ..  Let the transformation begin..

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 20, 2018, 08:39:53 pm
Fan, I would assume that any possible shifting would be with the younger guys??? I wouldn't understand moving a senior or maybe even a junior.

I wouldn't count anything out at this point.  A lot will happen from now until Spring ball starts March 1st.  I imagine quite a bit will happen during practice as well.  I wouldn't cost anything out. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

bphi11ips

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 19, 2018, 07:19:29 am
I saw the list of workout groups and all lineman from both sides of the ball are grouped together.  Dylan will an an asset wherever he ends up.  The young man is a player.  Many of the guys have told me that everyone is being evaluated and there could likely be some shuffling from one side of ball to the other for a handful.  They are doing the baseline, HT, WT, body fat%, and so on this week.  They will formulate a plan for each individual player and hit the ground running (yes, pun intended) next week.   

Is Cooper a candidate at center?  Smarts and quicks both help there.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 21, 2018, 07:20:42 pm
Is Cooper a candidate at center?  Smarts and quicks both help there.

He worked at center all season with Frank, Zach, Raulerson, and Hannah.  All four have graduated and moved on.  Hays worked center the last few weeks.  I think the the previous staff liked Clenin there, but he looks more like a tackle in the new system.  Who knows what will happen?  Of course I would love to see him get a shot, but the most important thing is that the best five are out there. All any of them can do is work hard and get ready.

What we did the past few seasons didn't work out well.  I hope and trust the new staff is looking for themselves trying to spot talent for each spot on the team.  I believe we have 5 TEs that are decent talent.  Maybe 2 of them could fit in somewhere else to get on the field. 

I believe we need to think like Broyles and like many of the smaller High Schools think.  If a Guy is not going to be the one at his favorite position, maybe he would consider playing another position to get on the field and help the team.