Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles Hypothetical

Started by WarEagleSharkFalconHawg, January 18, 2018, 08:58:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Sed76

Record might have been a little better but probably in the same boat after 5 years of looking for a new coach.

Flrazrback

I like Les Miles, my late uncle was a HUGE fan of LSU so I watched many of their games. Les was and probably still is a great coach. Not scared to gamble when he needs to and plays with passion. I would think our record would be slightly better had he been a Razorback, he would have fielded a quality team here and won ball games.

DoctorSusscrofa

He wouldn't have been great here, but he'd have won about 1 or 2 extra games per year and gotten a year 6. But probably no conference titles. 9 wins would have been his ceiling and he'd probably only have hit it 1 time.
I think CM will win 8 by year 2 and he'll do a lot like Nutt. He'll win 9 or 10 a couple of times, and win 8 a good bit. He'll probably never slip below 6-6. He may win 11 sometime but probably not more. Hopefully he outdoes my prediction, but even if I'm right, he'll be the best coach we've had in 6 years and nearly equal to BPs best 3 years. I'll be ok with that if we can't get better than that. I think he'll at least be steady and consistent.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

HogBreath

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 19, 2018, 09:17:10 pm
He'll win 9 or 10 a couple of times, and win 8 a good bit. He'll probably never slip below 6-6. He may win 11 sometime but probably not more.
No..no...for sure more.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

phadedhawg

I always enjoyed making fun of him but honestly, I would have loved to have had him as a coach.  Solid dude. 

Pork Twain

There is nothing fun about thinking of Les Miles as our coach
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Jek Tono Porkins

Marginally better than Bielema. But the talent that Miles had at LSU made up for a vast multitude of his coaching sins. Remember that 2009 game against Ole Miss? I'll recap:
LSU needs a field goal to win. They're on Ole Miss' 40 yard line. They have one timeout. It's 3rd and 19.
They run a screen which goes for a 7 yard loss and the guy gets tackled in bounds, leaving them with 4th and 26. 30 seconds left and running.
They let 21 seconds roll by and then use their last timeout, leaving 9 seconds on the clock.
They complete a hail mary pass to the 6 yard line with 1 second left.
The field goal team is nowhere to be seen.
Chaos on the field.
Les Miles' brilliant strategy is to attempt to spike the ball with one second left.
Predictably, that attempt fails.
Clock runs out.
Game over.

He wouldn't have been able to recruit at Arkansas at a level to cover up his coaching sins.

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

1highhog

Miles would have won a few more games, maybe.  Anyone that thinks that he's a great coach is insane, he had the best talent in the nation bar none and fell into a National championship after getting beaten by Houston Dale Nutt.  Year in and year out, Louisiana produces some of the most elite football talent in the Nation and they all dream of playing for the tigers, Miles should have won multiple titles with the talent he had.

idochog

Les miles was a mediocre coach at Okie St.  He would've been a mediocre coach here at best
I love Jesus!

Tim Harris

Most good coaches are going to average 8 wins here.  They may sprinkle in some 10/11 win seasons but then would have some bad ones with 6 wins or so.  He would have been no different.

Dionysos25

He would have recruited better.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

LZH

Hoggish1

goodguytex

Miles does know the SEC intimately. He has a proven track record of winning in the conference. Pretty good chance he would've fielded a pretty solid SEC staff. He might've kept many aspects of the petrino offense in place too. Because that's exactly what he did at LSU when he got there... Kept the system in place Saban made successful.

I think we could've been marginally better than bielema was able to do. And he'd probably still be hanging on to his job here with fans griping that we can't get over the 8-9 win hump.

Albert Einswine

He would have ripped out the artificial turf and got us back to playing on grass because it's his preferred in game snack.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 19, 2018, 09:17:10 pm
He wouldn't have been great here, but he'd have won about 1 or 2 extra games per year and gotten a year 6. But probably no conference titles. 9 wins would have been his ceiling and he'd probably only have hit it 1 time.
I think CM will win 8 by year 2 and he'll do a lot like Nutt. He'll win 9 or 10 a couple of times, and win 8 a good bit. He'll probably never slip below 6-6. He may win 11 sometime but probably not more. Hopefully he outdoes my prediction, but even if I'm right, he'll be the best coach we've had in 6 years and nearly equal to BPs best 3 years. I'll be ok with that if we can't get better than that. I think he'll at least be steady and consistent.

I'm not buying this. I bet he wins at a constantly climbing click and leaves with us on top or thereabouts...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.