Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Depleted OL

Started by stahawg, January 17, 2018, 10:48:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

The issue as I was told with Rogers: short arms. As an interior guy there's concern he would be pushed back into the lap of the QB.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Petrino got in on this kid early. Not uncommon - we have offered a handful of freshmen before. Baron Browning comes to mind.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggyCat

Noah Gatlin was told "no redshirt".

That's either "whoa" or "whoa".  Not sore which. Lol
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 17, 2018, 02:25:39 pm
Have you ever forgot a word, or a name of a famous person or something like that?  I think it's all they are doing is trying to straighten out the facts.  It's Brets recruit by the way.  He's the coach that signed him.  I doubt he was old enough to drive when petrino was on the hill.
petrino offered him 2 years before brett arrived bro...

some of you people just HAVE to argue about stuff. Nobody was confused about when the kid graduated and that Bert gets "credit" for him. But, it's petrino and staff that built the relationship that led to him coming here, NOT Bert.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Mjs84

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 04:25:16 pm

Did he sign with Petrino?  Did he play for Petrino?  He dodnt get on the hill until 2015 snowflake.  If only you spent a reasonable amount of time improving yourself rather than getting bent out of shape...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 17, 2018, 04:28:57 pm
Did he sign with Petrino?  Did he play for Petrino?  If only you spent a reasonable amount of time improving yourself rather than getting bent out of shape...
I made the original comment and you people wanted to argue. the 1st cat said, "He was a Bielema kid all of the way. Petrino had zero to do with him."

WHICH IS PATENTLY FALSE>

Not a single person said he played for the man. gtfooh
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2018, 04:17:48 pm
Petrino got in on this kid early. Not uncommon - we have offered a handful of freshmen before. Baron Browning comes to mind.
ding ding ding

Mjs84

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 04:30:26 pm
I made the original comment and you people wanted to argue. the 1st cat said, "He was a Bielema kid all of the way. Petrino had zero to do with him."

WHICH IS PATENTLY FALSE>

Not a single person said he played for the man. gtfooh

Then quit calling him petrinos recruit little budy.

Pig in the Pokey

Mjs84

HOGINTENNESSEE

Zach was being recruited prior to CBB's arrival. CBB and Pittboss did actually get him to commit

HogPharmer

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 01:58:57 pm
Lay off the dramatics man.

This is a daily hobby of mine....read hogville on dump breaks.

You sure do take a lot of dumps. Maybe you should go see a doctor about that.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 17, 2018, 12:20:19 pm
Could this be the opportunity for Merrick to get on the field? Merrick at center with Gibson & Wallace on the right side with Froholdt and Jackson on the left? Maybe Heinrich can wrestle a spot away from one of the older guys? Do we go with a complete 2nd 5 or do we train 1 guy for guard/center and 1 guy for the tackle spot? I do realize that we will list a 2-deep, but will we actually play it that way? With our lack of experience I could see a 2-man rotation for breathers to keep the best guys on the field.

68   Kirby Adcock   OL  Fr  6-5  288 
66   Ty Clary   OL  Fr  6-4  286 
57   Shane Clenin   OL  Fr  6-6  300 
51   Hjalte Froholdt   OL  Jr  6-5  311 
62   Johnny Gibson Jr.   OL  Jr  6-4  333 
55   Jake Heinrich   OL  R-Fr  6-4  293 
64   Audry Horn   OL  Fr  6-2  329 
74   Colton Jackson   OL  So  6-5  298 
99   Deion Malone   OL  Jr  6-3  304 
79   Jalen Merrick   OL  So  6-4  322 
78   Dalton Wagner   OL  Fr  6-9  311   
60   Brian Wallace   OL  Jr  6-6  337 

61   Cooper Sone   OL  So  6-2  272 
67   Tyler Hall   OL  R-Fr  6-4  296
71   Jackson Hannah   OL  Jr  6-2  305 
69   Dylan Hays   OL  R-Fr  6-3  298   

Merrick doesn't have the mobility to effectively play C.

This is actually an opportunity for our boy Coop.  If you're a smaller OL you'd better have snapping skills. I've been training my nephew to long snap for years. He's finally growing into his frame gaining height and weight. For a slower, big bodied kid playing C and deep snapping is the path to the next level. (collegiately speaking)
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

farmhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 11:38:22 am
same. thanks, guys. dude had me thinking i was crazy for a second.
You might still be....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TheEnemy

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 17, 2018, 06:20:42 pm
If you're a smaller OL you'd better have snapping skills. I've been training my nephew to long snap for years. He's finally growing into his frame gaining height and weight. For a slower, big bodied kid playing C and deep snapping is the path to the next level. (collegiately speaking)

You sure about that?

I didn't think most teams use O-linemen as deep snappers.  Aren't most deep Snappers more like TEs, LBers, H-backs, etc... because they have to be able to run and cover punts?

MuskogeeHogFan

January 17, 2018, 07:28:11 pm #66 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:40:28 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: TheEnemy on January 17, 2018, 07:09:10 pm
You sure about that?

I didn't think most teams use O-linemen as deep snappers.  Aren't most deep Snappers more like TEs, LBers, H-backs, etc... because they have to be able to run and cover punts?

The things that are most important are a combination of the speed of the snap to the punter/holder, the consistent accuracy (especially under pressure) and the "touch" on the snap when it comes to snapping for FG's/XP's. I think most teams prefer someone who is around 6-1 to 6-3 and 220 to 240 to perform the snap for the ability to have speed downfield, but that will never be sacrificed for the speed and accuracy of the snap.

The problem with most regular O-Linemen is that 1) they tend to spend more time perfecting their craft as an O-Lineman than they do focusing on snapping and 2) the bigger that an O-Lineman tends to be, I think that they tend to lose the hip flexibility and speed needed for that particular "specialty" position.

Years ago it didn't matter as much and you often saw regular linemen snapping the ball. Today it is more of specialty type position where regular O-Linemen at the higher levels of CFB are not typically utilized. I'm sure that there are exceptions to this from time to time.

Just as we believe that a single FG or XP can sometimes decide a game, if the snap isn't accurate and on time, it throws everything off and can cause a missed FG or XP. It all begins with the Long/Short Snapper and if that isn't right, the rest of it can go terribly wrong. That's why the guy who snaps these days probably doesn't have anything else to do aside from get the snap right and then cover downfield.
Go Hogs Go!

lakecityhog

How on earth would anyone know what Merrick can or can't do??? I cannot ever remember seeing him play, not saying he hasn't. Maybe he gets a better shot due to someone else moving to center???

Or maybe he is just another one of our 4* guys that can't play! I get so much of this "stars matter" that I sometimes believe that they must be right. Then I get all of the "our guys aren't SEC material" yet they have the stars  that everyone is looking for. So which is it or do we just happen to recruit the over-rated guys???

I would just like the kid to get a chance and maybe find out for sure.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 11:00:11 am
ill go ahead and venture a guess...

he was going to be our starting center.

he is from Texas.

he is like, the last , Petrino recruit. Not even sure how he is still here.

ZR
He wasn't a Petrino recruit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on January 17, 2018, 07:55:19 pm
He wasn't a Petrino recruit.
lol. oh lordy, here we go again. nobody said he signed with petrino. he was OFFERED AND RECRUITED by Petrino though. that is a fact and most of us who actually follow recruiting closely and have for years remember reading about zach visiting here when Petrino was still coach.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 07:58:31 pm
lol. oh lordy, here we go again. nobody said he signed with petrino. he was OFFERED AND RECRUITED by Petrino though. that is a fact and most of us who actually follow recruiting closely and have for years remember reading about zach visiting here when Petrino was still coach.
I'm sure he did but that doesn't mean he's a Petrino recruit.  It just mean he was recruiting him.  Darius Winston was recruited by Nutt but no one says he was a Nutt recruit.  Come on man if he had committed in 2012 then maybe.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 07:58:31 pm
By the way this article quotes him saying he was offered in summer 2012, Petrino was gone.  https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/exclusive-interview-with-hebron-high-school-ol-zach-rogers/

Oklahawg

Good lord. Read the thread before posting.

It is well-established that Rogers had been recruited during the Petrino era. Early commitments to the Petrino staff were honored by CBB, meaning Cole Kelley was Bielema's FIRST QB that his staff got to recruit to UA.

For those who need some context, baseball players are committing to major universities as young as 7th and 8th grade (being offered, in no small part, because baseball has an unwritten rule of backing off of a recruit once they commit to a program).

Hogindasticks

Who Cares.....is he here or not?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 17, 2018, 07:38:49 pm
How on earth would anyone know what Merrick can or can't do??? I cannot ever remember seeing him play, not saying he hasn't. Maybe he gets a better shot due to someone else moving to center???

Or maybe he is just another one of our 4* guys that can't play! I get so much of this "stars matter" that I sometimes believe that they must be right. Then I get all of the "our guys aren't SEC material" yet they have the stars  that everyone is looking for. So which is it or do we just happen to recruit the over-rated guys???

I would just like the kid to get a chance and maybe find out for sure.

I think that you are going to find that everyone (all positions on both sides of the ball) gets the chance to show what they can do. Maybe more so with this staff and because of the change in philosophy on both sides of the ball, but I see this as basically, wide open try outs at every position. This truly motivates every player, whether current scholarship and previous starter, scholarship player that has been mired in the 2 or 3 deep or a invited or true walk on, to show what they can do.

Some of the starters this year probably won't be a surprise, but I would guess that there may be some surprises nonetheless. I love it when it is wide open and the evaluation process begins anew. We will perhaps see more effort put forth this Spring on behalf of all players than we have seen since the arrival of Bielema, and that is a good thing. There should be some serious head-knockin in Spring drills where players are looking to earn playing time.
Go Hogs Go!

oldhog63

Fun fact about center play. It has been too long ago, so I don't remember the details (think it was a roll-out), but I do remember one of the blocking assignments under Holtz had the center picking up the backside DE. I always thought that was a tough assignment.

LumberBacks

ZR blew an ACL right before his jr. year at Hebron.  Didn't play a down that year.  He broke his ankle in his 3rd game sr. year.  So 2-1/2 games played in his last 2 years of HS.  His ratings dropped a little but he was all Arkansas and Bielema kept his commitment.  He should have been RS his freshman year to get stronger and continue rehab.  But Bert rolled him out on the field for a few snaps that year and burned the redshirt.  There was no need for that.  I know that ZR's dad grew impatient with the OL "coaching" that occurred post-Pittman.  ZR is a smart dude that is needed at center.  He has the intellect to pick up CCM's system in short order.  Hopefully he's not having to hang up the cleats.  Prob pound-for-pound the strongest player on the roster.  40 reps of 225 lb close grip last year.  Ragnow did 38.

SooieGeneris

The easiest thing in the word to do is just look at how many stars are by a guy's name in their 24/7 or other recruiting profile. It amazes me that some on here constantly carp about where our ranking is from day to day, wring their hands and whine that we have to get better rankings.

If you look at the above OL depth chart, you will see three names on there that were coveted 4 star recruits, Rogers was a fourth on last year's line.

Wallace was a 4 star with offers from everyone including 'Bama. In and out of the lineup, sometimes RT, sometimes LT, sometimes RG.

Rogers never got on the field much until the injury to Ragnow. Now he may or may not be giving up football. I tend to think he is moving on from what I've heard.

Froholdt, another 4 star with offers from Ohio State, FSU and many others. The most cussed and discussed O Linemen in 2016, Froholdt showed a lot of improvement in '17.

Merrick had offers from UF, FSU and many others as a 4 star on at least one service. Never sees the field.

The stargazers fail to note that none of these players has played as well as 3 star Ragnow. I don't think it's their fault necessarily, I'm not calling them out by using their names.

My point is, except for LT, most good offensive linemen are made not born. They become good through hard work in the weight room, working on their footwork and hand placement and COACHING. These kids haven't had good coaching since Pittman left two years ago.

We have posters on here who act like all a defense has to do is stunt and Pittman becomes a drooling idiot. You could blame a lot of things for UGAs recent loss in the NC game, the O line was not one of them. The running game was not as good as normal, but this just in, running for over 100 yards vs 'Bama is tough to do for anyone.

If not for a DBs failure to reroute a WR in cover 2, UGA would quite possibly be the NC. I'm sure the Bert lovers would still stick to the narrative that Pittman was no good.

The offensive line going from the fewest sacks allowed in the SEC to the most the last 2 years had nothing to do with coaching. Right.. The Pittman detractors didn't come out until he left, before then he was the best in CFB. Bert fed that BS because he was mad about Pittman leaving after he didn't sign the non complete clause.

I don't know if the line will drastically improve, it will need much improvement for us to  have a good season. If it does, there should be no debate about Pittman vs KA.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

lakecityhog

We have to hope that Dustin Fry is better than KA, Pittman is gone. We will never really know if it was Anderson or BB that held the O'Line back, if I had to bet my money would be on BB. The truth is that Fry does have plenty of talent to build a respectable O'Line.

If Hays or someone else can fill Rogers' shoes we have a pretty solid interior base, get the tackle spots hitting at a good pace and we should be able to hold our own.

King Kong

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 19, 2018, 06:57:13 am
We have to hope that Dustin Fry is better than KA, Pittman is gone. We will never really know if it was Anderson or BB that held the O'Line back, if I had to bet my money would be on BB. The truth is that Fry does have plenty of talent to build a respectable O'Line.

If Hays or someone else can fill Rogers' shoes we have a pretty solid interior base, get the tackle spots hitting at a good pace and we should be able to hold our own.

Does it seem likely it was BB that "held" the line back when he had nothing but excellent Oline plays other than the last 2 years? Not sure I agree with that.

I do think BB held the defense back with his lack of aggression on defense. The only 2 games we came in aggressively  Bama and Miss St we had some success pressuring the QB.

I also think he toned back Robb Smith's D after year one as well. That plus fact the SEC figured out Smith defenses as they always lined up in the same spots.

Al Boarland

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 18, 2018, 12:57:21 pm

My point is, except for LT, most good offensive linemen are made not born. They become good through hard work in the weight room, working on their footwork and hand placement and COACHING. These kids haven't had good coaching since Pittman left two years ago.

Better to be made out of a 4 or 5 star.  You can talk about the exceptions, but those stars matter.  The team that win have the guys with stars and COACHING.  It takes both.

FANONTHEHILL

I agree it's talent and coaching.  This Sunday you have four left tackles trying to get to the Superbowl.

NFC - Riley Rieff, Vikings  3 Star
         Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Eagles 4 Star

AFC - Nate Solder, Patriots 4 Star
         Patrick Omameh, Jaguars 2 Star

That's an average of 3.25 according to 24/7.

Stars do matter, but player development and the system the players are plugged in to are just as important.  Another reason this spring is so critical.  No one knows if the pieces we currently have fit the puzzle the staff wants to put together.  Initial word is that size is great, but size with no lateral movement is not.  Where is the happy medium?  The players and Coach Carroll have a lot of work to do to become what Coach Morris and Coach Craddock want them to be.

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DeltaBoy

Quote from: SamBuckhart on January 17, 2018, 11:57:41 am
Why is Zach  leaving? Is he our only center with experience?

Graduated , got married and starting his LEO Career .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lakecityhog

I honestly believe that our problems started and stopped with BB. I have problems believing that he hired so many guys that couldn't coach. I believe that Enos knows how to run an offense, but BB wouldn't completely buy into it. I believe that Anderson can coach better than he showed here.

We lost a TON of coaches while BB was here and we replaced them with assistant coaches that had some coaching experience.
We struggled on the O'Line even when Pittman was here, how many times did the "largest" O;Line in football fail to get a 3rd and 1??

The common thread in ALL of our problems?? BB

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 04:25:16 pm

some of you people just HAVE to argue about stuff. Nobody was confused about when the kid graduated and that Bert gets "credit" for him. But, it's petrino and staff that built the relationship that led to him coming here, NOT Bert.
Some people, specifically you, are douchebags. The name is Bret, not Bert.  You lose all credibility and cause the arguements you refer to by diminishing anything positive Bielema did.  Zach Rogers didn't unoffically even visit Arkansas until the 2012 spring game, he never even shook Petrino's hand.   Zach was offered after his second summer camp in 2012 by JL Smith, not 2011. He committed to Bielema/Pittman/Thomas a year later.  Your agenda wears thin, we get it, you dislike the former coach.  It's like your trying to imitate Trump.....Crooked Hillary = Bert, use of capital letters for emphasis, make stuff up to fit agenda.

stahawg

Oh no! I just read where ZR is giving up football. This is not who I was referring to when I began this thread!! Numbers worse than previously thought. Go Hogs!

311Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 19, 2018, 07:50:51 am
I agree it's talent and coaching.  This Sunday you have four left tackles trying to get to the Superbowl.

NFC - Riley Rieff, Vikings  3 Star
         Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Eagles 4 Star

AFC - Nate Solder, Patriots 4 Star
         Patrick Omameh, Jaguars 2 Star

That's an average of 3.25 according to 24/7.

Stars do matter, but player development and the system the players are plugged in to are just as important.  Another reason this spring is so critical.  No one knows if the pieces we currently have fit the puzzle the staff wants to put together.  Initial word is that size is great, but size with no lateral movement is not.  Where is the happy medium?  The players and Coach Carroll have a lot of work to do to become what Coach Morris and Coach Craddock want them to be.

Yeah i am a former OL, and i would say definitely made.  There is talent involved obviously, and especially when talking about the "rare elite" High 1st round guys, but other guys it is about "want to" and flexibility, quick critical reaction skills and leverage.  i was in interior OL so i do not know as much about tackles but guard to guard for me was fun as hell traps and cuts combos etc. If OL is played/designed/executed correctly in the middle 3 you can definitely be 6'2 to 6'4 270 to 310 range and be totally fine so much acute angle leverage in there low man wins.

Rogers is definitely a loss.  We are really going to need guys to step up this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 11:00:11 am
ill go ahead and venture a guess...

he was going to be our starting center.

he is from Texas.

he is like, the last , Petrino recruit. Not even sure how he is still here.

ZR
to my haters. Toldya.

sorry it's come to this.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: stahawg on January 19, 2018, 09:49:50 am
Oh no! I just read where ZR is giving up football. This is not who I was referring to when I began this thread!! Numbers worse than previously thought. Go Hogs!
It WASNT?? Why are you JUST NOW saying this tho? The very first post in your OP was me saying ZR. WHO were YOU talking about?

stahawg

It was also stated not at liberty to discuss who it is. Don't know the family but respect it will come out when it's time for them to discuss. I'm not on here constantly but did notice how far off the thread had gotten from original. Reflects the nutts of HV. Big picture: another OL lost when we need each & everyone of them. I will share he hasn't been a starter, but as we see now with the loss of ZR, we don't need to lose anyone at this position group.

Mjs84

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 19, 2018, 09:15:25 am
I honestly believe that our problems started and stopped with BB. I have problems believing that he hired so many guys that couldn't coach. I believe that Enos knows how to run an offense, but BB wouldn't completely buy into it. I believe that Anderson can coach better than he showed here.

We lost a TON of coaches while BB was here and we replaced them with assistant coaches that had some coaching experience.
We struggled on the O'Line even when Pittman was here, how many times did the "largest" O;Line in football fail to get a 3rd and 1??

+1

Mjs84

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 19, 2018, 09:17:53 am
Some people, specifically you, are douchebags. The name is Bret, not Bert.  You lose all credibility and cause the arguements you refer to by diminishing anything positive Bielema did.  Zach Rogers didn't unoffically even visit Arkansas until the 2012 spring game, he never even shook Petrino's hand.   Zach was offered after his second summer camp in 2012 by JL Smith, not 2011. He committed to Bielema/Pittman/Thomas a year later.  Your agenda wears thin, we get it, you dislike the former coach.  It's like your trying to imitate Trump.....Crooked Hillary = Bert, use of capital letters for emphasis, make stuff up to fit agenda.

+100

King Kong

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 19, 2018, 09:15:25 am

We did struggle in some short yardage situations. However, overall the Oline was very good under Pittman. Among the leaders in fewest sacks allowed per pass attempt, good yards per carry and set a school record for fewest negative yards plays in year one. 5 players either that have been on active rosters and anothe in a training camp. That's not counting Ragnow who will be drafted

Overall the Pittman Era on the Oline was a success

buldozer

Just another pitiful example of CBB's failure to utilize the talent in the best positions...... one of dozens. So glad bert is gone!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: buldozer on January 19, 2018, 04:22:48 pm
Just another pitiful example of CBB's failure to utilize the talent in the best positions...... one of dozens. So glad bert is gone!
ding dong, the bert is gone!

IronHog

Quote from: King Kong on January 19, 2018, 03:55:36 pm
We did struggle in some short yardage situations. However, overall the Oline was very good under Pittman. Among the leaders in fewest sacks allowed per pass attempt, good yards per carry and set a school record for fewest negative yards plays in year one. 5 players either that have been on active rosters and anothe in a training camp. That's not counting Ragnow who will be drafted

Overall the Pittman Era on the Oline was a success

Pittman's lines could flat pass block

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

PonderinHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 19, 2018, 05:10:42 pm

Pittman's lines could flat pass block
And BA had plenty of time to throw into the third row...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 17, 2018, 12:10:44 pm
Omg! Who cares who recruited the kid?!? Is he leaving the program or not? That's all that matters.

Some dudes just HAVE to be right...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

IronHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 19, 2018, 05:33:35 pm
And BA had plenty of time to throw into the third row...

He finally came on his last 6 games.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

PonderinHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 19, 2018, 05:53:59 pm
Some dudes just HAVE to be right...
Dudes ???  How many of you guys marries Ms. Right and then found out later that her first name was Always?