Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patriot Hogs (NFL)

Started by Arctic Hog, January 13, 2018, 07:35:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: RebHog on January 13, 2018, 08:40:20 pm
I feel ya man it rips at my soul that so many hogs are on the patriots team  :'( :'( :'(
^^^ This
The biggest cheaters in football. The officials are directly responsible for two touchdowns today
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

RaisinHog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 21, 2018, 04:43:32 pm
Is D. Wise Jr injured!?!? Haven't seen him on the field today...Trey is having a helluva game...

He didn't start but played some.. I know he got held on one play

Oliver

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 21, 2018, 04:57:10 pm
^^^ This
The biggest cheaters in football. The officials are directly responsible for two touchdowns today

No doubt the Cheatriots get all the calls.  But the Jags would have won today had they been able to stop the Cheats on a 3rd and 18

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 05:05:14 pm
No doubt the Cheatriots get all the calls.  But the Jags would have won today had they been able to stop the Cheats on a 3rd and 18

Or if M Lewis wouldn't have been grabbed by Chung on 3rd down.  Had a huge play down the sideline.  No call.   Can't beat Brady when they bail him out with p i calls.   Game was over after they scored right before half.  Just enough to allow them to win.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oliver

ITs going to suck when they beat the NFC creampuff in the Super Bowl after beating the AFC creampuff to win the AFC.  So frustrating

Oliver

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 05:09:06 pm
Or if M Lewis wouldn't have been grabbed by Chung on 3rd down.  Had a huge play down the sideline.  No call.   Can't beat Brady when they bail him out with p i calls.   Game was over after they scored right before half.  Just enough to allow them to win.

Like I said.  Cheatriots get all the calls.  I'm surprised they didn't overturn that fumble that NE had.  But the Jags did no favors for themselves at all in the 2nd half

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 05:11:28 pm
Like I said.  Cheatriots get all the calls.  I'm surprised they didn't overturn that fumble that NE had.  But the Jags did no favors for themselves at all in the 2nd half

Pats 1 penalty 10 yards.  Laughable.  And I don't dislike the Pats.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oliver

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 05:12:31 pm
Pats 1 penalty 10 yards.  Laughable.  And I don't dislike the Pats.

Well the NFL couldn't have a Super Bowl without their golden boy in it

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

26.2Hog

Dog, that's funny as hell.  Still laughing.

Tejano Jawg

Happy for Flowers and Wise. And still amazed at Brady. But I'm tired of the Pats and was pulling for the Jags.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Oliver

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 21, 2018, 05:21:55 pm
Winners win

Band-aids for scratches are rough things to recover from

DOGALUM

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 05:45:39 pm
Band-aids for scratches are rough things to recover from
evidently not for the GOAT
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Oliver

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 21, 2018, 06:16:10 pm
evidently not for the GOAT

#heperserveredthroughaplaygroundinjury

Bubba's Bruisers

The Steelers screwed the pooch when they couldn't beat the Pats at home a few weeks ago.  It practically guaranteed the Steelers would have to face the Jags in the PO...a bad matchup for them.  IMO, They likely would have beaten the Pats at home in a PO rematch.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Oliver

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 06:32:47 pm
The Steelers screwed the pooch when they couldn't beat the Pats at home a few weeks ago.  It practically guaranteed the Steelers would have to face the Jags in the PO...a bad matchup for them.  IMO, They likely would have beaten the Pats at home in a PO rematch.

IMO They would have beaten the Pats if the Pats didn't get another favorable call

onebadrubi

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 21, 2018, 05:02:22 pm
He didn't start but played some.. I know he got held on one play

He got held and driven to the ground pretty hard, he wasn't moving like maybe he got knocked out but hopefully not.  Either way he got hit hard.  The TV guys went right to commercial because of ht injury and didn't say much when they came back.  I did not see him come back in to the game after.

Mjs84

Hog fans still blaming the refs

WaltonCollege

I wonder if flowers and wise taugh Belichick any hoganese

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 07:19:33 pm
IMO They would have beaten the Pats if the Pats didn't get another favorable call

Man, you really have heartburn for officiating.  What call are your talking about?  The correctly called incomplete pass in the EZ by the Pitt TE?

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the best thing the Jags did was concuss Gronk to get him out of the game.  Only cost them 15 yards.  Very much worth it.  Now Brady has no Edelman, no Gronk.  No matter I guess.  I actually saw a Patriots jersey under Clete Brakeman's zebra shirt.  Those darn NFL officials...the true GOAT.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 08:10:11 pm
I think the best thing the Jags did was concuss Gronk to get him out of the game.  Only cost them 15 yards.  Very much worth it.  Now Brady has no Edelman, no Gronk.  No matter I guess.  I actually saw a Patriots jersey under Clete Brakeman's zebra shirt.  Those darn NFL officials...the true GOAT.

Led with shoulder into shoulder.  Can't play defense anymore.   

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 08:28:14 pm
And his helmet hit gronks helmet, that's illegal

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 21, 2018, 08:31:47 pm
And his helmet hit gronks helmet, that's illegal

Side of helmets hit after shoulder impact.  Not crown.  Feel bad for safeties and LBs.  Have to just let him catch it.  Great football play ends up a penalty.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 08:28:14 pm

LOL, they knocked him out of the game for only 15 yards.  Clearly helmet to helmet. Great defense, I say.  Right call, but great defense nonetheless.  Or at least great strategy. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 08:44:43 pm
LOL, they knocked him out of the game for only 15 yards.  Clearly helmet to helmet. Great defense, I say.  Right call, but great defense nonetheless.  Or at least great strategy.

Sure the Jags planned to make that split second play. 

It was a penalty by how the NFL is officiating now. Didn't dispute it.  He didn't lead with the helmet or contact the helmet till his shoulder hit Gronks and the sides of the helmets came together.  No way to play that but let him catch it or take out his knees. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 08:51:03 pm
Dumb.  Sure the Jags planned to make that split second play. 

It was a penalty by how the NFL is officiating now. Didn't dispute it.  He didn't lead with the helmet or contact the helmet till his shoulder hit Gronks and the sides of the helmets came together.  No way to play that but let him catch it or take out his knees. 

I was being facetious.  It's simply the way the league has gone given all the concussions. So many of these Guy's brains will be jello in 20 years or they won't be able to walk, and the league knows it.  They're trying to do anything they can to keep the game from being reduced to flag football.  Don't blame them one bit.  Have to protect the head and knees.  And he could certainly have gone after his mid region.  Not the knee or head area.  He absolutely had an option.  He chose to go high, because it was best way to jar the ball loose.  It cost him.  And Gronk a concussion.

Oliver

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 08:05:34 pm
Man, you really have heartburn for officiating.  What call are your talking about?  The correctly called incomplete pass in the EZ by the Pitt TE?

It was the correct call.  I wonder how many teams not named New England would get that call.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 09:00:22 pm
I was being facetious.  It's simply the way the league has gone given all the concussions. So many of these Guy's brains will be jello in 20 years or they won't be able to walk, and the league knows it.  They're trying to do anything they can to keep the game from being reduced to flag football.  Don't blame them one bit.  Have to protect the head and knees.  And he could certainly have gone after his mid region.  Not the knee or head area.  He absolutely had an option.  He chose to go high, because it was best way to jar the ball loose.  It cost him.  And Gronk a concussion.

I know Sherman is biased but here is his take:

Richard Sherman
Richard Sherman
@RSherman_25
·
5h
The hit on Gronk is the only way Church could have done his job without just obliterating Gronks knee.  If he would have just hit him low most ppl would calm him dirty.  So there is nothing he can do to make everyone happy and do his job.  Unless you think he should let him catch

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 09:06:29 pm
It was the correct call.  I wonder how many teams not named New England would get that call.

The Steelers would gotten that call, like every team in the NFL.  It was a tremendously easy call in replay.

greenEGnHAWGS

Dangit...thought this thread was gonna be about Hogs that play for the Patriots...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 09:07:22 pm
I know Sherman is biased but here is his take:

Richard Sherman
Richard Sherman
@RSherman_25
·
5h
The hit on Gronk is the only way Church could have done his job without just obliterating Gronks knee.  If he would have just hit him low most ppl would calm him dirty.  So there is nothing he can do to make everyone happy and do his job.  Unless you think he should let him catch

Sherman is an elite corner in the league.  A hall of famer, but yes, he's not that credible in this situation.  Just like if Tony Gonzalez came out and said it was an obvious penalty, and that the Church could have changed where he hit Gronk, he wouldn't exactly be credible either.

I think there are situations where a defender doesn't have the option where he hits a guy, but I don't see it here.  Gronk is like 6'6", and the defender knew Gronk was going to catch the ball, and he chose to go high, and when you go high, you can unintentionally go helmet to helmet.  I have no doubt he could have made significant contact without helmet to helmet or taking out the knees.  But this wasn't about making a tackle, it was about breaking up a pass.  The best way to break up the pass is to go high, and when you go high, you run the risk of helmet to helmet.

Sherman is wrong in this case IMO, but in general, sure, he has a point.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 21, 2018, 09:10:17 pm
Dangit...thought this thread was gonna be about Hogs that play for the Patriots...

And I'm thrilled for those boys.  Really wanted the Vikings to win tonight, because I'm a fan, and for Jarius Wright.

Go Eagles!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 09:20:45 pm
Sherman is an elite corner in the league.  A hall of famer, but yes, he's not that credible in this situation.  Just like if Tony Gonzalez came out and said it was an obvious penalty, and that the Church could have changed where he hit Gronk, he wouldn't exactly be credible either.

I think there are situations where a defender doesn't have the option where he hits a guy, but I don't see it here.  Gronk is like 6'6", and the defender knew Gronk was going to catch the ball, and he chose to go high, and when you go high, you can unintentionally go helmet to helmet.  I have no doubt he could have made significant contact without helmet to helmet or taking out the knees.  But this wasn't about making a tackle, it was about breaking up a pass.  The best way to break up the pass is to go high, and when you go high, you run the risk of helmet to helmet.

Sherman is wrong in this case IMO, but in general, sure, he has a point.

Sherman didn't say it wasn't a penalty.   And your scenario would have required Church to have given it more thought than he had time.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 21, 2018, 09:26:52 pm
Sherman didn't say it wasn't a penalty.   And your scenario would have required Church to have given it more thought than he had time.   

I know Sherman wasn't suggesting it wasn't a penalty, but he was out right saying that Church had no other alternative.  Ain't buying it.

I just don't feel sorry for defenders who are paid millions to unleash powerful hits.  Church is a pro who's been playing the game at a high level for a couple decades now.  He wasnt in some no win situation in that play.  The situation wasnt unique in any way.  Defenders are faced with similar plays every Sunday, including Church.  The vast majority make the play without concussing a guy or destroying a knee, and like Church, those defenders didn't have the time to give it more thought either.  These guys know exactly what they're doing.  They take risks.  They knowingly walk a very fine line.  Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. 

And that's the irony, im sure Church didn't even intend to go helmet to helmet, and yet it still knocked the dude out of the game. 

Oliver

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 09:09:40 pm
The Steelers would gotten that call, like every team in the NFL.  It was a tremendously easy call in replay.

There inlies our difference of opinion.

Here's where I have an advantage in my argument.  I KNOW they'd make that call for the Patriots.  Your argument is speculative

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 10:16:12 pm
There inlies our difference of opinion.

Here's where I have an advantage in my argument.  I KNOW they'd make that call for the Patriots.  Your argument is speculative

And it doesn't matter if it's speculative.  You're absolutely implying that they wouldn't have made the same call for anybody else...Speculative.  LOL!!! 

Regardless, the correct call was made.  You should just blame the TE for dropping the pass and be done with it.  Or maybe the officials made him drop the pass.  Not sure.

PharmacistHog

Sherman just repeated what Church said in his interview.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hog.goblin

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 16, 2018, 03:13:59 pm
OSU, UO, and Stanford, all from the same division of the same conference were ranked 1, 2, and 3 in 2012.

Odds are three teams will take up the top 3 spots from the same division in the future as well.

I'm not trying to nitpick benny, but I can't imagine a scenario in the last, well, my lifetime, that Oregon St was ranked as high as 3rd.  I remember one really good year under Dennis Erickson but that was a long time ago.

hog.goblin

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 21, 2018, 05:21:55 pm
Winners win

Hello.  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die.

Oliver

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 10:25:04 pm
And it doesn't matter if it's speculative.  You're absolutely implying that they wouldn't have made the same call for anybody else...Speculative.  LOL!!! 

Regardless, the correct call was made.  You should just blame the TE for dropping the pass and be done with it.  Or maybe the officials made him drop the pass.  Not sure.

Lol. I'll blame the Steelers for the stupid play they made afterwards.  That was completely within their control.

FANONTHEHILL

Can you imagine how confusing it is for Trey and Deatrich coming from Arkansas where you haven't been the benefactor of a good call or good no call since 1992 and going to the Patriots who haven't had a call go against them since 2000.  There heads must be spinning.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 21, 2018, 11:06:36 pm
Hello.  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die.

+1

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oliver on January 21, 2018, 11:16:37 pm
Lol. I'll blame the Steelers for the stupid play they made afterwards.  That was completely within their control.

This we agree! 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 15, 2018, 10:41:56 am
Oh, and the oft spoken MYTH on Hogville that Bobby Petrino cannot recruit defensive players can forever be flushed down the crapper. Whoever started that BS in this forum is full of what he was spouting.

We had D talent and as much as I hate NE I hope the Hogs get a ring.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I hate that my Eagles lost Jason Peters, it would've been awesome watching him and Trey Flowers/Deatrich Wise going at it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogginbama

Quote from: The NewEra on January 16, 2018, 08:57:20 am
I did not know this.  Thanks for posting.  I hope Jake applies for and receives entrance into OCS.  We need leaders like him in the Rangers.

That Army recruiter needs to have his tail kicked. Should have discussed the OCS route with him from the get go. Then again, maybe Jake wanted to be guaranteed an infantry slot with ranger attached.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hogginbama

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 16, 2018, 03:13:59 pm
OSU, UO, and Stanford, all from the same division of the same conference were ranked 1, 2, and 3 in 2012.

Odds are three teams will take up the top 3 spots from the same division in the future as well.

What poll would that have been in?

The highest Stanford got that year was 6th in the Final BCS Poll and the Coaches Poll. Oregon State was never ranked higher than their #7 ranking in the BCS poll in week 8.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.