Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concession Stand Coffee Options?

Started by twistitup, January 13, 2018, 12:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bob slydell

Anybody thought about bringing in a consultant to help out?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

twistitup

Either we improve the quality of service through internal leadership or our staff might unionize and that is NOT what we want. We want to stay independent and have top notch staff and food/drink quality.

Practice will get us better, then we eventually we can become the best (quote from some guy interviewed on Bo's show)

But the last thing we want is the Concession Workers Union (CWU) breathing down our aprons - those guys can be tough to deal with. Let's improve concessions through increased training and feedback from the fans.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Snout team

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 18, 2018, 07:36:42 am

I heard Saban has already hired him.  Paying him 150,000 a year to the be concession consultant analyst of football operations.  Of course, after one season with Saban he will be able to name his own salary and job title anywhere he wants to go in the nation.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 18, 2018, 07:36:42 am

Gruden.

Anyone but that arsehole Larry.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

GuvHog

Quote from: SquidBiily on January 18, 2018, 07:29:31 am
This season the pressure will be on like never before.  Over 80,000 seats for the first time and a completed concourse that allows for fans to easily move to the concession stand of their choice regardless of east side or west side.  Competition for customers will be heated so if they aren't on their game they will lose out.  May the best stand win!

On the upper level West side concourse, there is no such thing as moving easily to the concession stand. Just getting to a Restroom up there is a nightmare.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 17, 2018, 10:55:05 am
Slim Chickens is the answer.

Slims would be a wonderful addition to the concession options.

Cayenne ranch chicken sandwich at halftime? Heck yes.

Now you are talking

twistitup

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 18, 2018, 09:30:54 pm
Now you are talking

I agree Slim would be a great move. Could they handle the volume of RRS?

Inhogswetrust

January 19, 2018, 06:01:15 am #57 Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:14:19 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 17, 2018, 12:45:03 pm
What is the deal with Peet's? I keep seeing it talked about everywhere all of a sudden.

Really good coffee. They were a smaller family type owned company but recently was bought out. It's a company somewhat like Starbucks. They even have a prior connection to Starbucks before Schultz took over Starbucks. Whereas Starbucks is about the "experience" Peet's is about the coffee. The current owners are JAB Holdings from Germany which also owns Caribou coffee and some others as well. Their coffee is sold selectively in stores but the really good stuff they sell is only sold at their own coffee houses. Primarily a west coast company with some locations in the upper midwest but they are expanding. As far as larger coffee sellers they are the best. Not like the huge brands though. Coffee is like beer today. There are a lot of local coffee roasters and places that are much better than the large national brands.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on January 17, 2018, 09:52:32 am
True...

Good stuff - flatheads have an amazing amount of tasty belly meat - we cut it into nuggets - what a treat! Catfish poppers for ricepig and his premium buddies.

Catfish and get some grannys from the retirement home up there to fry some Chicken.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 19, 2018, 08:27:29 am
Catfish and get some grannys from the retirement home up there to fry some Chicken.

watch out Delta....one of those grannys might recognize you from back in the day and boom...Delta's in the #metoo movement

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on January 19, 2018, 08:30:19 am
watch out Delta....one of those grannys might recognize you from back in the day and boom...Delta's in the #metoo movement

You know those gals can Fry some Chicken. I always behaved around those ladies.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog.goblin

Quote from: twistitup on January 19, 2018, 05:52:21 am
I agree Slim would be a great move. Could they handle the volume of RRS?

If they stick to tenders and cayenne ranch (and other inferior sauces) and stay away from wings.

twistitup

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 19, 2018, 09:39:25 am
If they stick to tenders and cayenne ranch (and other inferior sauces) and stay away from wings.

and buttered Ozark toast...butter mmmm

Randy Beaver

January 19, 2018, 12:55:11 pm #63 Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:06:56 pm by Randy Beaver
I have only been to one game at Reynolds Stadium since moving to the area.  Really didn't explore the concessions area a whole lot.  Can any of you tell me of the specialty candy options at the stadium?  My wife and mother-in-law make custom specialty candies in their spare time, and we are interested in possibly having a concession stand in the Stadium.  Old English Toffee is their best and most popular item with our friends.  Any of you that don't know, English toffee is butter and sugar mixed together that is poured out to cool.  After it cools, you break it into pieces, dip it in chocolate, and roll it in nuts.  They also have some specialty candies that I believe would be popular.   Do any of you know who I could contact to discuss this with?

ricepig

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 19, 2018, 12:55:11 pm
I have only been to one game at Reynolds Stadium since moving to the area.  Really didn't explore the concessions area a whole lot.  Can any of you tell me of the specialty candy options at the stadium?  My wife and mother-in-law make custom specialty candies in their spare time, and we are interested in possibly having a concession stand in the Stadium.  Old English Toffee is their best and most popular item with our friends.  Any of you that don't know, English toffee is butter and sugar mixed together that is poured out to cool.  After it cools, you break it into pieces, dip it in chocolate, and roll it in nuts.  They also have some specialty candies that I believe would be popular.   Do any of you know who I could contact to discuss this with?

Twist is your connection to all things concessions. I believe he was just named Asst to the Associate AD on Concessions, although only on an interim basis.

steveaustin69

You really are the worst troll I've ever seen.  Painfully unfunny.

Bash

You might check out this thread:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=655590.0

Adding catfish to the concessions seems to be a popular idea.  Maybe ya'll could put your heads together and develop some kind of Old English Catfish candy.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

AirWarren

Excellent idea.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: twistitup on January 19, 2018, 09:41:54 am
and buttered Ozark toast...butter mmmm

I am not unfamiliar with the Ozarks, but what is "buttered Ozark toast?"

kibster

Quote from: HogRadioTMC on January 17, 2018, 10:18:35 am
As the official coffee partner of the Razorbacks, Westrock Coffee is proudly served inside all UA athletic venues.  WPS!!

Bump
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Randy Beaver

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 19, 2018, 01:12:41 pm
You really are the worst troll I've ever seen.  Painfully unfunny.

Ok, thank you.  I'm sure Steve Austin tastes way better to you than English toffee.

tahlahog

Can you figure out a way to give away a coke a cola with every purchase?

twistitup

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on January 19, 2018, 01:28:22 pm
I am not unfamiliar with the Ozarks, but what is "buttered Ozark toast?"

Our version of buttered Texas Toast

twistitup

Quote from: kibster on January 19, 2018, 01:37:56 pm
Bump

I like the Wesrock at the games. Maybe you should tell Levy (or have Westrock tell them) - it is supposed to be served hot.

At least on cold games....iced is for warm games.

They had it all backwards last year. Hot water on hot games, cold coffee on cold games, cold water on cold games - it came at the fans so fast it messed us all up

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bash

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 19, 2018, 03:28:49 pm
Twist is going to be mad...

Concessioning is a cut throat business. Nobody is King forever.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

PORKULATOR

JAGERBOMBS!
MORE REDBULL... and old school Jager meister with the opium derivatives would be nice as well. 😁😅🤣
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hog.goblin

Quote from: twistitup on January 19, 2018, 02:56:34 pm
I like the Wesrock at the games. Maybe you should tell Levy (or have Westrock tell them) - it is supposed to be served hot.

At least on cold games....iced is for warm games.

They had it all backwards last year. Hot water on hot games, cold coffee on cold games, cold water on cold games - it came at the fans so fast it messed us all up

Not to mention NO water at the TCU game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 18, 2018, 10:05:37 am
On the upper level West side concourse, there is no such thing as moving easily to the concession stand. Just getting to a Restroom up there is a nightmare.

I though you just peed over the railing.................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 19, 2018, 07:53:56 pm
Not to mention NO water at the TCU game.

We've hit rock bottom - the only way is up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 13, 2018, 02:25:20 pm
You and I have covered something similar to this before. How about let's start with the goal of just having enough of everything offered on the current concessions menu in sufficient supply so as to not run out at halftime or by the end of the 3rd quarter? We apparently have to learn to walk before we can jog, let alone run.

Do this and we are good, at least to start with
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2018, 07:58:41 pm
Do this and we are good, at least to start with

We must add Frito Pie...game 1

With Pepsi owning Frito...shouldn't be a problem

UAGolfer1981

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: twistitup on January 20, 2018, 08:28:56 pm
We must add Frito Pie...game 1

With Pepsi owning Frito...shouldn't be a problem
+1. Definitely
Getcha sporks ready!

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on January 19, 2018, 08:30:19 am

Yikes! That's just wrong! Ouch!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 19, 2018, 06:01:15 am
Really good coffee. They were a smaller family type owned company but recently was bought out. It's a company somewhat like Starbucks. They even have a prior connection to Starbucks before Schultz took over Starbucks. Whereas Starbucks is about the "experience" Peet's is about the coffee. The current owners are JAB Holdings from Germany which also owns Caribou coffee and some others as well. Their coffee is sold selectively in stores but the really good stuff they sell is only sold at their own coffee houses. Primarily a west coast company with some locations in the upper midwest but they are expanding. As far as larger coffee sellers they are the best. Not like the huge brands though. Coffee is like beer today. There are a lot of local coffee roasters and places that are much better than the large national brands.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up on them. I ordered a couple pounds of it from their website.

twistitup

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 31, 2018, 02:20:57 pm
Cool. Thanks for the heads up on them. I ordered a couple pounds of it from their website.

Report back. I'm always interested in trying new coffee....if it's that good - I'll give it a try.

I'm an addict - coffee is my drug of choice (no matter what you hear otherwise).

kibster

Quote from: twistitup on January 31, 2018, 04:12:29 pm
Report back. I'm always interested in trying new coffee....if it's that good - I'll give it a try.

I'm an addict - coffee is my drug of choice (no matter what you hear otherwise).

Same here.  I do a fair amount of traveling and always hit up the top local roasters.  (plus being in the coffee industry helps feed my addiction.) 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut