Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone summarize Bo's interview of Jeff Long today?

Started by HeathWimp, January 08, 2018, 11:38:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

Someone told me Long confirmed he was going to bring back Bert for 2018, but I'm not sure if I believe that.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

jgphillips3

If Long said that, he is an idiot and definitely needed to go.

hobhog

jneal56

I heard Long say that they had a plan in place as far as BB but he neither confirmed nor denied that he was going to bring him back. He did take some minor jabs at the fanbase, although slight and sly, but they were there if you listened but overall it was a good interview. Bo asked if he thought Arkansas could win a NC in football and he was kind of dancing around the question but before I could hear all of his answer I had to turn it off so I'd be interested to knowing what finally said to that question.
"At least we are moral"

Ironhawg

Long said he has not taken another job yet, but he does want to go back to wotk.  He believes he can be very selective in his next job.  He was complimentary of Arkansas fans.  He was surprised by his bring fired.  He believes he left the program in good shape.  He didn't come right out and say that he would have brought Bielema back next year.  He kind of tap-danced around it by saying that he and the Chancellor had a plan going forward.
Bo asked him if he thought Arkansas could ever win a national championship in football.  He said it would be very difficult, but he thinks it is possible.
It was an ok interview.  He is very much a politician.

kodiakisland

He said he had a plan that was going to be enacted at the end of the season.  He said he wasn't still around at the end of the season, so nobody saw what that plan was.  He didn't elaborate.

All in all it was a decent interview of a man who was recently fired and being interviewed by the state that fired him.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

rude1

Guess he wasn't asked about the dumb contract with the ridiculous buyout he gave his undeserving fatman coach...........

Yamahog

Kevin

Sure he can be selective we are paying him till 2020   

Bo always kissing butt. He will do the same to our new ad and coach.

Look for the next series being Chad Morris
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

January 09, 2018, 07:56:13 am #9 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:36:00 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: kodiakisland on January 09, 2018, 12:01:10 am
He said he had a plan that was going to be enacted at the end of the season.  He said he wasn't still around at the end of the season, so nobody saw what that plan was.  He didn't elaborate.

All in all it was a decent interview of a man who was recently fired and being interviewed by the state that fired him.

IF that plan included keeping Bret then it was a flawed plan and Long deserved to be fired. If it meant he was planning to fire him then that only means other things were the cause of his firing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tweeter

hawgon

Gee, I wonder if Bo asked him for any insight as to why the buyout provisions of the university employment agreement and the Foundation personal  services contract were different?  Let me guess...

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 09, 2018, 05:38:48 am
Sure he can be selective we are paying him till 2020   

Bo always kissing butt. He will do the same to our new ad and coach.

Look for the next series being Chad Morris

He should be a jerk and ask jerk questions so Hogville can giggle. And a Chad Morris series on national TV would really suck.

theFlyingHog

OakTreeHawg

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 08, 2018, 11:38:00 pm
Someone told me Long confirmed he was going to bring back Bert for 2018, but I'm not sure if I believe that.

What I inferred, and what Bo stated he inferred, was that Jeff Long "had a plan" to fire Bret Bielema.

He did dance around the National Championship question.

hogsanity

Bo asked him several times if he was surprised he got fired. If he thought he should have been fired. If he stood on keeping BB and that is why he was fired. To all these he answered, Yes, No ( but thats the decision of the BOT ), and He and the chancellor had a plan, but they never got to fulfill it because he got fired. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AirWarren

nwahogfan1

I love the building of the facilities that Long produced while here if we can afford them but I approve of firing Long and anyone else who approved that very expensive buy out of CBB.    STUPID.

hawgon

So, once again, Bo should have asked if Long's plan at the end of the season accounted for the $15 million buyout owed by the Foundation.

azhog10

Why wouldn't you ask about giving a coach a 15.4 mil buyout for the amount of SEC wins he had? To me that's the only question you needed to ask all interview.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 09:21:34 am
Yankees Love other Yankees.
Bo is from Florida.  Last I checked, that is not yankee land.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on January 09, 2018, 09:53:16 am

That dude thinks that if you aren't from McGehee and born in a tar paper shack that you're a Yankee and suck at football. 

Tim Harris

On Hogville anyone who was not born in Arkansas or played for the Razorbacks then you classified as a Yankee.

Tweeter

For real Bo makes his man crush on Long way to obvious.

Hog Pharm

Long just tweeted quotes from the recent article stating the athletic dept is in very good financial position and will not be using RF funds for the stadium project. Seems he heard the rumors about him screwing up the finances and feels vindicated.

hogsanity

the hero of many Hog fans and the ideal coach/ad/reporter

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 09, 2018, 10:15:26 am
Long just tweeted quotes from the recent article stating the athletic dept is in very good financial position and will not be using RF funds for the stadium project. Seems he heard the rumors about him screwing up the finances and feels vindicated.

Did you notice the amount that the department released back or didn't take from the Foundation?  $12.7 million.  Now where have I seen that number before?

Tweeter

Hog N Bama

Nobody cares. Time to turn the page and move forward

duckman

AirWarren

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 10:17:11 am
the hero of many Hog fans and the ideal coach/ad/reporter

He would look good lined up against your preferred choice.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on January 09, 2018, 10:20:42 am
Did you notice the amount that the department released back or didn't take from the Foundation?  $12.7 million.  Now where have I seen that number before?

No idea, where did you?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jneal56 on January 08, 2018, 11:51:28 pm
I heard Long say that they had a plan in place as far as BB but he neither confirmed nor denied that he was going to bring him back. He did take some minor jabs at the fanbase, although slight and sly, but they were there if you listened but overall it was a good interview. Bo asked if he thought Arkansas could win a NC in football and he was kind of dancing around the question but before I could hear all of his answer I had to turn it off so I'd be interested to knowing what finally said to that question.
After watching the NC game last night, Arkansas looks like an average HS team. No speed, linemen are terrible, and defense is light years worse than either Bama's or Ga's, especially regarding pass defense.

You can be optimistic if that keeps you from putting a pistol in your mouth but Arkansas ever winning that final game to grab a NC will never happen. Never will happen for most programs, so not a big deal. We are who we are in football and that entity is not one that is ever going to win a NC. Even in Ark's best years over the past half century, we were never as good as the two team on field last night and definitely never have been (and never will be) as deep as these teams. Bama's entire 2nd team would start at Arkansas.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgon

ricepig

elksnort

Guess you have never been to South Florida.

AirWarren

Quote from: elksnort on January 09, 2018, 11:14:39 am
Guess you have never been to South Florida.

Correct. Get past PCB and Tallahassee.......It's all Yankee land down there.

Like NWA and Hot Springs Village.

opineonswine

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 11:15:44 am
Correct. Get past PCB and Tallahassee.......It's all Yankee land down there.

Like NWA and Hot Springs Village.

Not where I live.

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 09, 2018, 11:15:36 am
I'm lost as well.

I assume he's trying to tie it to some buyout, but Jeff must have been pretty smart to know he and Bielema were going to be fired in January of 2017, when the forgiveness of this payment started.

elksnort

Quote from: opineonswine on January 09, 2018, 11:17:45 am
Not where I live.
Well, Clewiston, Belle Glade, Pahokee, Okachobee (sP) are not yankee, but.....

code red

How can anyone take Bo seriously when he interviews fired UofA employee's?  Is Bret Next?  Unreal.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Redhogs

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 09, 2018, 10:36:01 am
After watching the NC game last night, Arkansas looks like an average HS team. No speed, linemen are terrible, and defense is light years worse than either Bama's or Ga's, especially regarding pass defense.

You can be optimistic if that keeps you from putting a pistol in your mouth but Arkansas ever winning that final game to grab a NC will never happen. Never will happen for most programs, so not a big deal. We are who we are in football and that entity is not one that is ever going to win a NC. Even in Ark's best years over the past half century, we were never as good as the two team on field last night and definitely never have been (and never will be) as deep as these teams. Bama's entire 2nd team would start at Arkansas.
Shut the hell up....the real definition of life is that things can and will change, nothing ever stays the same. I bet there were Clemson fans that sounded exactly like you 6-7 years ago.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RME

Quote from: Redhogs on January 09, 2018, 11:31:23 am
Shut the hell up....the real definition of life is that things can and will change, nothing ever stays the same. I bet there were Clemson fans that sounded exactly like you 6-7 years ago.

Clemson 7 years ago: 10-4
Clemson 6 years ago: 11-2

okrazorback

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 09, 2018, 10:36:01 am

I think you are wrong. With the right coach we could win a national championship, but we are probably never going to get a coach like that as we don't go after them. We don't offer enough money to get them. I am not saying we should as I do not supply the money, but that is what it takes to win a national championship in my opinion.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Redhogs on January 09, 2018, 11:31:23 am
Click...boom!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: okrazorback on January 09, 2018, 11:44:01 am
I think you are wrong. With the right coach we could win a national championship, but we are probably never going to get a coach like that as we don't go after them. We don't offer enough money to get them. I am not saying we should as I do not supply the money, but that is what it takes to win a national championship in my opinion.
First you say you think I am wrong then you agree with me on my point. A program does not/cannot get the players to compete for a NC without the right HC. Therefore, I am correct is my conclusion that Arkansas will never get the players needed because it will never get the HC needed. Thanks for nothing.

Inhogswetrust

East coast southern Florida is................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: azhog10 on January 09, 2018, 09:26:15 am
Why wouldn't you ask about giving a coach a 15.4 mil buyout for the amount of SEC wins he had? To me that's the only question you needed to ask all interview.

This is the most perplexing thing NOT asked. It should have been the biggest question asked.