Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRRS Westside ideas...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, January 07, 2018, 01:17:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I've said it before, and it's been said numerous times. The "West Side" of DRRS looks like ass. The whole facade is beautiful with the exception of this eye sore. How can the premier university in the state not get a little help from the Hwy dept and get that bluff cut away, street widened and electricity buried in order to do something about it.!? I think they should build over the road, create a tunnel and divert regular traffic west of the stadium on game days giving an out of the weather place for buses to load and unload on game days. What do y'all think?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Rudy Baylor

Rudy Baylor

Wooderson

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 07, 2018, 01:17:49 pm

I've said it before, and it's been said numerous times. The "West Side" of DRRS looks like ass. The whole facade is beautiful with the exception of this eye sore. How can the premier university in the state not get a little help from the Hwy dept and get that bluff cut away, street widened and electricity buried in order to do something about it.!? I think they should build over the road, create a tunnel and divert regular traffic west of the stadium on game days giving an out of the weather place for buses to load and unload on game days. What do y'all think?

I agree.  Probably could be done for about.....say 15.4 million 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Just put some banners hanging from the upper deck, cover it up, probably cost less than $100k. The road being a tunnel makes sense, but we have other needs for roads. The GMP on the NEZ was $132m, maybe spend the other $28m budgeted for this??

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

pigbacon

Quote from: Wooderson on January 07, 2018, 01:23:37 pm
I agree.  Probably could be done for about.....say 15.4 million

Ha! Give him a shovel.

DLUXHOG

seriously, do you expect the state powers, who stood by for many decades and let WMS (which was in their back yard) become the ghetto dump it is, to do anything progressive for the premier university in the state?   dream on....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 07, 2018, 01:31:39 pm
seriously, do you expect the state powers, who stood by for many decades and let WMS (which was in their back yard) become the ghetto dump it is, to do anything progressive for the premier university in the state?   dream on....

Not anymore than I expect idiots to quit spewing ghetto/dump statements with hyperbolic mouth diarrhea..
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Chorizo Hogriguez

Hog N Bama

i think a red hog on both sides at the top corner would do wonders. Add some flags. Just needs some color life. I agree on the road mods you suggest. Oh and yes by all means get rid of those power poles.  Looks like 1926

ArkansasI

I completely agree, except more should be done on what is built to relieve congestion within the west stands. A gated terrace with additional cocessions and bathrooms would be fantastic.

a0ashle

I am biased, but I like this look...

Inhogswetrust

It's officially the off season. This has been covered over and over and over again....................There are reasons why this hasn't happened yet. Has it taken too long yes. I believe it is also a US HWY and not just a state HWY and thus that's part of the problem.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

bet it wouldnt be a problem in alabama or texas. it'd be fixed in no time.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

AirWarren

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 07, 2018, 01:35:05 pm
Not anymore than I expect idiots to quit spewing ghetto/dump statements with hyperbolic mouth diarrhea..

Yup.

Speaking of ghetto dump, didn't some thug shoot someone on Dickson last week?

AirWarren

Quote from: a0ashle on January 07, 2018, 01:59:05 pm
I am biased, but I like this look...

Storied program vs desperate to be competitive.

Yes, I see this happening.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

If we just have the power poles on the right straightened up, we should be good.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 02:33:10 pm
Yup.

yes, seriously, and he was from Little Rock, seriously

shall I post the story for you?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 07, 2018, 02:36:01 pm
If we just have the power poles on the right straightened up, we should be good.

they're called "utility poles"  >:(

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Rudy Baylor

Yup.

or maybe you mean the OTHER shooting on Dickson by a man from Little Rock - there were two - both Little Rock thugs

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jan/01/police-1-killed-shooting-near-dickson-street-coffe/

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

a0ashle

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 02:33:47 pm

Not sure why you felt the need to take a comment about the styling around an old stadium to get a jab in to your supposed college team, but I guess to each their own. For the record, they spent a lot of years in the shitter before salary cap/free agency era brought them back into competitiveness. It took league rule changes, revenue sharing and being publicly owned to keep them from being a casualty of the times.

ricepig

Quote from: a0ashle on January 07, 2018, 03:45:31 pm
Not sure why you felt the need to take a comment about the styling around an old stadium to get a jab in to your supposed college team, but I guess to each their own. For the record, they spent a lot of years in the shitter before salary cap/free agency era brought them back into competitiveness. It took league rule changes, revenue sharing and being publicly owned to keep them from being a casualty of the times.

Been a Packer fan since the mid 60's, I do need to go to a game there.

a0ashle

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:49:13 pm
Been a Packer fan since the mid 60's, I do need to go to a game there.

I live in CO now, when they cycle the Broncos back around me and my Father-in-law (Broncos fan) might make the pilgrimage.

Inhogswetrust

Yup.

Gang banger from LR trying to even things out crime rate wise geographically...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooieGeneris

January 07, 2018, 04:23:46 pm #30 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:33:58 pm by SooieGeneris
Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 02:33:47 pm

A storied program that went many years as an afterthought from the end of the Lombardi Era to Holmgren, over 20 years. You do know that the Pack played 2-3 games a year in Milwaukee for years also?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_County_Stadium

That stopped about the time they started winning again, although there is not necessarily a direct connection between the two. From 1953-1994, the Pack played 126 games there, an average of 3 per season, but when Lambeau was redone, it was felt that it was not necessary to play in a smaller, outmoded stadium any more..

I don't recall any traditionalists or Packer fans longing for the good ol' days of their team playing at.... Milwaukee County Stadium. No great stadium debates, no "we've got to have at least three games a season" into eternity. When people think of the Green Bay Packers, they think of: Lambeau Field. Make of that what you will.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 07, 2018, 04:27:12 pm
Move all games to wms!!

There's going to be some pissed off Packer fans if they do that!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 04:14:19 pm
Gang banger from LR trying to even things out crime rate wise geographically...........................

Yup. The drug problem with the Richie white folk and their kids starting to seep out.

I just sit back and laugh because more and more of this is coming....

AirWarren

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 02:39:50 pm
yes, seriously, and he was from Little Rock, seriously

shall I post the story for you?

Sherwood actually.

It's coming nwa. More and more of these will pop up. And I think it's hilarious.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:06:52 pm
Sherwood actually.

It's coming nwa. More and more of these will pop up. And I think it's hilarious.

People shooting people is hilarious, says a lot about you.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 05:08:30 pm
People shooting people is hilarious, says a lot about you.

Nope. Coming in here and having people call central Arkansas a ghetto dump then have the same stuff starting to happen in their own backyard is hilarious.

This site likes to regulate and warn people about bashing yet as long as it's in the realms of their "ok bashing" it's fine.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:10:26 pm
Nope. Coming in here and having people call central Arkansas a ghetto dump then have the same stuff starting to happen in their own backyard is hilarious.

This site likes to regulate and warn people about bashing yet as long as it’s in the realms of their “ok bashing” it’s fine.

well, guess you cannot read the kings English...  I never said central Arkansas or Little Rock was a ghetto dump, only WMS.... but since you'll be offended.... Little Rock is a ghetto dump as well........... (only Little Rock, not the remainder of central Arkansas)....

AirWarren

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 07, 2018, 05:13:16 pm
well, guess you cannot read the kings English...  I never said central Arkansas or Little Rock was a ghetto dump, only WMS.... but since you'll be offended.... Little Rock is a ghetto dump as well........... (only Little Rock, not the remainder of central Arkansas)....

I don't have a damn king or queen.

I speak south arkansas, USA English.

Like I said. It's coming NWA. Lily white, white flight days are coming to an end.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:02 pm

Like I said. It's coming NWA. Lily white, white flight days are coming to an end.

well, that would be correct unless NWA cops act like the Houston cops did when all of the gang bangers invaded Houston from the Katrina storm in New Orleans....  those dudes found out very quick that Houston cops aren't accommodating like the New Orleans cops were and would beat the sh*t out of them, shoot them, or toss them in the can for a while...   they left Houston pretty quickly.......    NWA cops should take notice............

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 01:21:27 pm
Azul Tequila > Casa Bonita

Not so fast my friend.. You give me a bottle of Casa Bonita AT casa Bonita and include the bottle in the whole "Flag raising thing"; then you would just be plain wrong. I don't care who you are. Jesus, the real one not Hey Suice", could turn water into tequila and no one is going to notice the difference after being "sufficiently drunk"...

AirWarren

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 07, 2018, 05:18:26 pm
well, that would be correct unless NWA cops act like the Houston cops did when all of the gang bangers invaded Houston from the Katrina storm in New Orleans....  those dudes found out very quick that Houston cops aren't accommodating like the New Orleans cops were and would beat the sh*t out of them, shoot them, or toss them in the can for a while...   they left Houston pretty quickly.......    NWA cops should take notice............

Sure....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 02:04:21 pm
It's officially the off season. This has been covered over and over and over again....................There are reasons why this hasn't happened yet. Has it taken too long yes. I believe it is also a US HWY and not just a state HWY and thus that's part of the problem.
You're telling me that N. Razorbacks RD, between Meadow and Maple, is a US HWY.!?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:10:26 pm

This site likes to regulate and warn people about bashing yet as long as it's in the realms of their "ok bashing" it's fine.

Washington and Benton counties together are already a half million

almost no crime here

you equate high crime with population growth?

ur

ChopSooie

Education and Economics plays a bigger role in crime statistics.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ChopSooie on January 07, 2018, 05:54:37 pm
Education and Economics plays a bigger role in crime statistics.

true

just, this AP85 guy thinks it's funny that two shootings on Dickson Street happened, even though both shootings were guys from Little Rock

emphasis on...he thinks it's funny

Rudy Baylor

home prices in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers are not yet rivaling Brentwood, Tennessee, but they are already rivaling Hendersonville, TN

as a stand-alone, away from a large metro area, we have blown past Knoxville, TN in regards to home prices.

Knoxville crime is way lower per capita than Little Rock. And yet poorer people can easily afford to live in Knoxville. They increasingly cannot afford to live in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers

might also make an easy NWA comparison with Vestavia, Homewood and Hoover in Alabama

majestic

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:02 pm

The kid who was murdered was on the wrestling team with my daughter's boyfriend. He was killed for asking a girl who was being harassed by the POS if she was ok. Keep your scum in LR.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

IronHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 06:08:56 pm
home prices in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers are not yet rivaling Brentwood, Tennessee, but they are already rivaling Hendersonville, TN

as a stand-alone, away from a large metro area, we have blown past Knoxville, TN in regards to home prices.

Knoxville crime is way lower per capita than Little Rock. And yet poorer people can easily afford to live in Knoxville. They increasingly cannot afford to live in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers

might also make an easy NWA comparison with Vestavia, Homewood and Hoover in Alabama

This darn is why you have 7a west linebackers
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.