Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 09, 2017, 07:57:47 pm
Cardinal and White.  Two stripes on the legs.  Old School is the way to go.

ARKANSAS on jersey or not?  Personally, I like the script on the jersey.

rljjr

I'm ok either way. But Nothing wrong with the Arkansas.

axharbor

If modern uniforms help us in recruiting at all I think we need to do whatever we can at this point regardless of what I like.

HamGrowsOnTrees

The Hogs could wear doo doo brown diaper uniforms that look like collages of an Ebola clinic if they win. I don't care. I don't get how a uniform thread pops up every week when we are the laughing stock of the SEC. Interesting

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 05:32:09 pm

They changed them up the next year.  I thought ARKANSAS looked better in red instead of gray. Also the red hog looked much better.
100% agree, also the previous year used a faded gradient look to the numbers also, didnt like that.

JONAS

Quote from: axharbor on December 09, 2017, 08:04:15 pm
If modern uniforms help us in recruiting at all I think we need to do whatever we can at this point regardless of what I like.

I agree as long as nothing too crazy, and leave the helmet alone.

JONAS

AtticusHawg

I feel like half of the people in this thread want us to wear practice jerseys to play in.  :-\

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:12:06 pm
I prefer these, but with ARKANSAS a little smaller.

I think if anyone is critical of this uniform that they are nit picking, and since we're picking nits, I like them as is, but I would still do Arkansas on the away jersey and Razorbacks on the home. I also would like a silver chrome helmet with a red chrome razorback, or frost razorback for a white out...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

axharbor

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 08:07:11 pm
I agree as long as nothing too crazy, and leave the helmet alone.

I don't mind the color variations on the helmet occasionally but the red with white Hog needs to remain the staple. I like the matte or chrome but I'm probably in the minority. I think the Hog stands out best on the matte red shell.

Hollywood870

Quote from: AtticusHawg on December 09, 2017, 08:11:01 pm
I feel like half of the people in this thread want us to wear practice jerseys to play in.  :-\
I do. x1000

hooks85

JONAS

Quote from: axharbor on December 09, 2017, 08:16:39 pm
I don't mind the color variations on the helmet occasionally but the red with white Hog needs to remain the staple. I like the matte or chrome but I'm probably in the minority. I think the Hog stands out best on the matte red shell.

I don't mind these on occasion.

JONAS

HogCommander

hooks85

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 08:49:06 pm
Did you design those?
No, these popped up on the web many years ago. I remember it caused a big hoopla back then so thought I'd post it again in jest. I'm not sure who originally did the design.

JONAS

Quote from: HogCommander on December 09, 2017, 09:09:54 pm
How about this?

Not much difference than the ones they wear now.

JONAS

Quote from: hooks85 on December 09, 2017, 09:38:09 pm
No, these popped up on the web many years ago. I remember it caused a big hoopla back then so thought I'd post it again in jest. I'm not sure who originally did the design.

Oh, ok.  I thought maybe you have some program that you designed those in.

Mjs84

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:16:04 pm
TWO red stripes on the pants. That's traditional. Bring that back for starters. Freaking A. Just do the DMAC years 2007 and call it a day.

Been saying this my whole life!

HogCommander

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 10:23:34 pm
Try this one.  Arkansas is bigger on the chest, numbers are smaller, two stripes on the pants, shiny helmets again.  No tusks or sharp edges on the shoulders.  Somewhat close to the 06-07 jerseys. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 09, 2017, 04:50:39 pm
The last word was the correct.  Evidently Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, etc didn't get the memo--they just get wins.
Thing is that there are many more teams that do not fall within that group than there are teams that do.  I like traditional with a special uniform here and there.  Not unlike what the Service Academies do for special games.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 10:23:34 pm

Check in to a mental institution if you thing there is not much difference to what we wear "now" (as in the BB era).

Haters gonna hate

Arkansas must stay current with today kids. The kids want to look good and there is nothing wrong with that. When you look good you play good!

HamGrowsOnTrees

I'm fairly sure that you guys that do these weekly uniform threads are concerned with what shoes are popular and Man bags. I'm probably wrong. Just seems like it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Haters gonna hate on December 09, 2017, 11:49:15 pm
Arkansas must stay current with today kids. The kids want to look good and there is nothing wrong with that. When you look good you play good!

"Look good" like Alabama, Penn State, USC, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, and LSU?

Sivad

alohawg

Quote from: HogCommander on December 09, 2017, 10:42:04 pm
Try this one.  Arkansas is bigger on the chest, numbers are smaller, two stripes on the pants, shiny helmets again.  No tusks or sharp edges on the shoulders.  Somewhat close to the 06-07 jerseys. 

Not bad, still think both letters and #'s just a bit large.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jvanhorn

Quote from: Haters gonna hate on December 09, 2017, 11:49:15 pm

So they should just be like womens clothes.  Maybe we can have the designers bring in some models and have a fashion show every year.   If you are a winning team--you look good..  LOL, I just read where OU has signed on with Nike for a uniform with something called a jumpman on it.  I saw a photo of it.  LOL.  It is a football uniform with a logo of Michael Jordan dunking a basketball on it.   Let me repeat that a FOOTBALL uniform with Michael Jordan dunking a BASKETBALL on it!    Jesus Christ.  Barnum was right. A sucker born every minute.  I am sure we will gets ours on down the road.

AHiD

Quote from: AP85 on December 10, 2017, 12:23:52 am
"Look good" like Alabama, Penn State, USC, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, and LSU?

nice cherrypicking
My name...is Jerruh

blazerback

Go back to the classic razorback logo and font please and take #uncommon off the Bball court for Christs sake!

elksnort

TWO red stripes on the pants. That's traditional. Bring that back for starters. Freaking A. Just do the DMAC years 2007 and call it a day.
Exactly. The 2006-2007 uniforms is all they need.

RedRazorHog

+1,000,000,000,000,000

That's our traditional uniform and I hate that we changed it to look like a Sun Belt uniform
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 09, 2017, 08:06:23 pm
The Hogs could wear doo doo brown diaper uniforms that look like collages of an Ebola clinic if they win. I don't care. I don't get how a uniform thread pops up every week when we are the laughing stock of the SEC. Interesting

Because that's the easiest thing to fix...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

AHiD

Why is everyone so in love with old-fashioned unis? Let's see some more anthracite and tusks!
My name...is Jerruh

Tusker4life

No black or anthracite colors please! They are not official school colors. If you want anthracite root for Ohio State, or Missouri if you like black uni's.

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on December 10, 2017, 05:30:42 pm
Why is everyone so in love with old-fashioned unis? Let's see some more anthracite and tusks!
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha ha...these threads crack me up. Really...WHO CARES?! If the players like it. Great. As long as the players/recruits like it, I'm happy with them. I care more about the players in the jerseys and how often they cross the goal line. Saying we should continue to look like we're in the 80s/90s is just dumb.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The Kig

Quote from: axharbor on December 09, 2017, 08:04:15 pm

This guy gets it.  Despite what the traditionalists think about whatever uni they grew up with, the unis have changed over time and will continue to change.  Kids want to look cool and their ideas of what that is change over time.  Doesn't mean we don't keep the old versions too,  just have options.  Personally,  I liked the anthracite and would like options...not Oregon level options, but some variety is good. 
Poker Porker

BOAR_N2BWILD

I feel that CCM will go for the more modern flashy uniforms. He had quite a variety at SMU. I prefer the traditional. I don't think that it is the uniform that attracts recruits but rather winning. Look at Bama- they go there to win and do not care that they have the same uniforms every game.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

JONAS

Quote from: The Kig on December 10, 2017, 05:45:24 pm
This guy gets it.  Despite what the traditionalists think about whatever uni they grew up with, the unis have changed over time and will continue to change.  Kids want to look cool and their ideas of what that is change over time.  Doesn't mean we don't keep the old versions too,  just have options.  Personally,  I liked the anthracite and would like options...not Oregon level options, but some variety is good. 

I really don't care as long as they are not too crazy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Kig on December 10, 2017, 05:45:24 pm

It really hurts Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, OSU, Auburn, UGA, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Southern Cal, UCLA, Stanford and Texas Huh..? Build your brand and stick with it...

Birminghog

Script on the jersey, however large the numbers, etc. may be. Identity. Branding. Like the Hog on the helmet.

JONAS

Bring these back for one game?

Tusker4life

Look at Bama, that's iconic tradition. Same with USC, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, Texas and Michigan. You don't need to change the brand. Its ridiculous when you flip games on the tv and have to look at the score to see who is playing, is that Arkansas, Arkansas State or Texas Tech wearing the black with red trim? With the red helmet with white hog, red jersey with only white numbers and the white pants with red stripes, everyone knew it was Arkansas, not Bama or Oklahoma. And dear God leave the hog alone, and bring back the slobber in Walton. That's iconic. 

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 10, 2017, 06:57:18 pm
I feel that CCM will go for the more modern flashy uniforms. He had quite a variety at SMU. I prefer the traditional. I don't think that it is the uniform that attracts recruits but rather winning. Look at Bama- they go there to win and do not care that they have the same uniforms every game.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Bad_Intentions

I'm a HS baseball coach and I can absolutely say that the uniform and the way it looks means something to this generation. Heck, they've converted me. I've learned to appreciate great uniforms, regardless of sport. One of my fav things now is designing our unis every few years and/or the summer teams unis.

I, too, agree that some of the allure of Oregon is owed to its vast library of uniform combos. Oregon is a smaller state that doesn't produce a ton of D1 talent. It borders a big-time state, and, for a long while has been a national brand. I'm of the opinion Arkansas could do this, too.

I'm not saying go crazy - we don't have Phil as a booster. But there's nothing wrong w/ 4 or 5 different uni combos.

my votes

Home uniforms
1) Tradition Strong - Classic Razorback helmet (no stickers!), double stripe white pants
2) Tradition Strong II - same except all red pants
3) Opposite Day - All red uniform w/ white helmet (red hog)

Road uniforms
1) White out - all white w/ red hog on white helmet, double stripe white pants
2) Chrome Dome - Chrome red helmet w/ all white, double stripe pants
3) Traditional - All white w/ traditional razorback helmet
WPS!!

Calvin Swine

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 08:00:10 pm

Please no.  Those were ugly and that was an abysmal season. 

Freebrd

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 09, 2017, 02:55:06 pm
I am all for fun uniforms, but i would prefer cardinal and white. Why mix non school colors in? Unless its for breast cancer or something special.

I agree 100%

Calvin Swine

Quote from: Bad_Intentions on December 10, 2017, 09:01:31 pm
I'm a HS baseball coach and I can absolutely say that the uniform and the way it looks means something to this generation. Heck, they've converted me. I've learned to appreciate great uniforms, regardless of sport. One of my fav things now is designing our unis every few years and/or the summer teams unis.

I, too, agree that some of the allure of Oregon is owed to its vast library of uniform combos. Oregon is a smaller state that doesn't produce a ton of D1 talent. It borders a big-time state, and, for a long while has been a national brand. I'm of the opinion Arkansas could do this, too.

I'm not saying go crazy - we don't have Phil as a booster. But there's nothing wrong w/ 4 or 5 different uni combos.

my votes

Home uniforms
1) Tradition Strong - Classic Razorback helmet (no stickers!), double stripe white pants
2) Tradition Strong II - same except all red pants
3) Opposite Day - All red uniform w/ white helmet (red hog)

Road uniforms
1) White out - all white w/ red hog on white helmet, double stripe white pants
2) Chrome Dome - Chrome red helmet w/ all white, double stripe pants
3) Traditional - All white w/ traditional razorback helmet

Good points and I agree. 

Non traditional "bling unis" attract the kids like a racoon to a shiny object.  The traditional powers (Texas, Michigan, and so on) have their iconic uniforms but they don't have to get that extra attention because of who they are and where they are.  Oklahoma State has done a great job of understanding who they are.  They'll always be the #2 program in their state, so they ratchet up their look and their offense to get noticed by recruits.  It creates a little separation from OU and it's smart.  As much as I enjoy seeing tradition (as an old guy) I think it'd be smart to try and separate ourselves more from our western rivals.  Be a little more daring to catch the eye of recruits and use our offense to reel them in.

Birminghog

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 08:00:10 pm

Sarcasm, right? Please, no.