Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 12, 2017, 08:12:22 am
I actually liked them in pictures beforehand, until I saw them in person...then I didn't like them so much. Crazy how much they looked like Ohio State.

Sorry I quoted before I got this post.  I agree.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

riccoar

Sounds like someone needs to get Morris some photos of the Camo Uni's.

ElDawgHawg

The 64 throwback unis were terrible.  I really liked the Cowboys tribute unis and would love to see them again.  The chrome helmets were probably my favorite.

I'd like to see the anthracite used in combination with red if we are going to continue to use them.
#WPS

JONAS

Quote from: hoghearted on December 12, 2017, 07:35:26 am
I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Jerry Jones tribute uniforms. Looked too much like Ohio State.

I didn't care for them that much, although I liked the pants.

Calvin Swine

Quote from: JONAS on December 11, 2017, 08:03:45 pm
This one?

Chrome Red and Chrome Silver...
By far my favorite helmet we've sported.

steveaustin69

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on December 12, 2017, 09:59:15 am
The 64 throwback unis were terrible.  I really liked the Cowboys tribute unis and would love to see them again.  The chrome helmets were probably my favorite.

I'd like to see the anthracite used in combination with red if we are going to continue to use them.

Those were atrocious. Looked like Ohio State out there.

JONAS

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 12, 2017, 10:21:02 am

I wonder if next years since we will be the road team if we will have the white version of those uniforms.

JONAS

I wonder how the grays pants would have looked with the white or red jerseys.

JONAS

These would have looked better with a red hog on the helmet, but not bad.

Sed76

Hated those Sonic the hedgehog jerseys more than the tusks. Only good thing about them was they had the classic logo on the neckline instead of klingon pig.

JONAS

Quote from: Sed76 on December 12, 2017, 03:21:46 pm
Hated those Sonic the hedgehog jerseys more than the tusks. Only good thing about them was they had the classic logo on the neckline instead of klingon pig.

They looked better with red letters.

Inhogswetrust

I'll go on the record as saying yes they do need to wear uniforms...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JONAS

All the uniforms since 2001 have looked better than these Russell Athletic jerseys that we wore in the 1980s.

JONAS

When did we add the Hog to the sleeve?  When Hatfiled came?  Here's some pics without the hog on the sleeve.

JONAS

December 12, 2017, 04:08:19 pm #164 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:07:53 pm by JONAS
I would like to see the hog on the sleeves but also numbers on the shoulders.  Similar to these.

JONAS

We actually had 2 different white jerseys in 2009.

Tusker4life

I agree, they need to bury the Cowboys look a like uni's forever.

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 12, 2017, 10:21:02 am
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Tusker4life

Klingon pig????  I don't care who you are, that's funny! LOL

Quote from: Sed76 on December 12, 2017, 03:21:46 pm
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

porkerfinger

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 04:06:09 pm
When did we add the Hog to the sleeve?  When Hatfiled came?  Here's some pics without the hog on the sleeve.

I believe the razorback on the sleeve began in 1982, Holtz's next to last year.

JONAS

Quote from: porkerfinger on December 12, 2017, 06:39:50 pm
I believe the razorback on the sleeve began in 1982, Holtz's next to last year.

That sounds about right. 

JONAS

Glad the coaches have better hats now.

JONAS

Check out the old hog logo on the pants.

Tusker4life

I remember those caps... Awful....

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 09:00:19 pm
Glad the coaches have better hats now.

JONAS

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 12, 2017, 09:11:09 pm
I remember those caps... Awful....

I also remember those awful red pants that Coach Hatfield wore.

Kevin

Wish we would go back to that red
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ballhog™

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 09:10:16 pm

My all time favorites.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

elksnort

let me guess, you're under 35?

VirginiaHog

Quote from: elksnort on December 12, 2017, 10:22:39 pm
let me guess, you're under 35?
I am am not under 35 and I prefer the newer unis we have worn. The Dallas ones were great. The anthracite with chrome helmets was great. As was the red chrome helmets

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Calvin Swine on December 12, 2017, 10:16:24 am
Chrome Red and Chrome Silver...
By far my favorite helmet we've sported.

Would love to see both of these make a comeback.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The 64 throwbacks were the tits!! You're wrong, or blind...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tusker4life

Agreed! +1

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 12, 2017, 10:40:25 pm
The 64 throwbacks were the tits!! You're wrong, or blind...

Tusker4life

I still think these uniforms are classic. They are Arkansas..

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 09:10:16 pm

Tusker4life

I wish that red would come back. Notice the difference to A&M's.

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 04:08:19 pm
I would like to see the hog on the sleeves but also numbers on the shoulders.  Similar to these.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 09, 2017, 08:06:23 pm
The Hogs could wear doo doo brown diaper uniforms that look like collages of an Ebola clinic if they win.

Yep, heard that doo doo before...

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: Haters gonna hate on December 09, 2017, 11:49:15 pm
Arkansas must stay current with today kids. The kids want to look good and there is nothing wrong with that. When you look good you play good!

Wrong.  The kids don't decide the uniforms at Auburn, Alabama and OK and many other places.  Why let them do it at Arkansas?

Hoggish1

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 10, 2017, 07:31:02 pm
It really hurts Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, OSU, Auburn, UGA, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Southern Cal, UCLA, Stanford and Texas Huh..? Build your brand and stick with it...

Amen!

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on December 11, 2017, 06:26:06 am
I didn't care for the 1964 throwback helmets at all. The hog looks cartoonish to me. But once I saw us on the field with the uniforms on, I thought they actually looked great. Need to wear it once a year for a big game.

I'd be all over those uniforms with the modern helmet...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 11, 2017, 11:50:07 am
I love the change to non-traditional uniforms. Since doing so our recruiting of 4 and 5 star players has shot through the roof. Our win record has gotten better each year. I also think we should change our fight song to Kum ba Yah.
We could also replace our running Hog logo with a Poland China Hog to go along with the anthracite uniforms. Really I personally don't understand the resentment over the Wolf Howl modification of the Woo Pig Sooie yell. Why are some people so resistant to modern changes if the kids like them?

Hilarious.  Have you thought about a pot belly pig on the helmet? LOL

010HogFan

Here are some I made the other day...

Home:

Home alternate:

Away:

Away alternate:

w/ Chrome lids:

NuttinItUp

Not football related, but this old baseball jersey from 1910 that I found while googling jerseys is pretty sweet:

NuttinItUp

A few jersey concepts I saw floating around:

Helmets:

OneTuskOverTheLine™

January 18, 2018, 04:09:38 pm #193 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:39:10 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rljjr

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 18, 2017, 08:53:24 am
Here are some I made the other day...

Home:

Home alternate:

Away:

Away alternate:

w/ Chrome lids:

Nike should hire you. I'm not kidding. That's traditional with a fresher look. Well done.

GuvHog

Quote from: hoghearted on December 12, 2017, 07:35:26 am
I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Jerry Jones tribute uniforms. Looked too much like Ohio State.

I really do like them. The only change I would make is to put Red Hogs on the helmets instead of the white ones.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

010HogFan

Quote from: rljjr on January 18, 2018, 04:22:52 pm
Nike should hire you. I'm not kidding. That's traditional with a fresher look. Well done.

I finally got fed up and had to do a mockup, because so many of the ones I've seen are just so bad, and it just seems so simple to me what we need to do with the uniforms...half the ones I see end up looking like soccer jerseys or have the front facing hog on the helmet...for crying out loud.

AirWarren

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 09:56:23 am

Helmets:

Yes to all those. Sharp.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 09:56:23 am

Helmets:

Hope we work with Nike to have a different look for each game. Whatever the players and recruits like. All for change. Plus, we get the entertainment value of some here having a coronary to anything "untraditional". Seems like a win-win to me.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hoggish1