Frito Pie
34 (27.6%)
Uncle Tugo Kardashian
3 (2.4%)
Joe in Avoca
12 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Boardon Hamsay

After seeing all the threads going around about qualities desired in the next AD, I have our guy. OTR, or for the new folk here, Overtheroadtruckdriver. He's an Arkansas native. He loves the Hogs. He was the best basketball player Logan County ever produced. He'd replace Roosevelt on the Hogville Mt Rushmore.  If there's a feller that's seen more of this state, I'd like to have a spirited debate. He knows so many folks here in the state, I'm surprised he's not working for the Missing Persons dept.

I'd also say OTR has a prowess for fiscal responsibility. He's a candidate for all people; the high rolling Stephens, Inc. crowd all the way down to Joe Lunchbox who picks up a 79 cent EZ Mart coffee every morning in El Dorado. Clearly we need this kind of relatability skill set.  Just my opinion...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

NuttinItUp

I think we should have a vote of several popular Hogvillians to see who should be the next AD.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

The OTR

Well now ain't this interesting?

I know OTR a little and I know a few things he'd do as athletic director, put in word he hisself might use:

1.  Get them two cars they gave long detailed and fumigated and get a big hog painted on both sides and sirene on top that played the fight song so he could showboat around town in them.

2. Start a dossier on Delta and Hoginmemphis, same as Jeff Long and get on hogville and troll both of them unmercifully

3. Go down to Ben's apartment in a pair of steel toed boots and kick and drag CBB out by the scruff of his neck and tell him to sober up and get ready for to coach some football for once in his life

4.  Ban jelly sandwiches from the locker room

5.  Bring back the three wheeler with the big helmet on it..fill that rascal with midgets and have them pour out of that helmet 100 at a time to get the crowd fired up before the game, maybe invest in some chainsaws and axes for them to juggle

6. Legalize booze being brung into the stadium and go down to Sam's a buy a bunch of two liter coca colas and hand them out during the game for mixers

7.  Buy hogville and ban about half of you jackwagons and threaten to ban the other half of you

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 15, 2017, 07:41:59 pm

I know OTR a little and I know a few things he'd do as athletic director, put in word he hisself might use:

1.  Get them two cars they gave long detailed and fumigated and get a big hog painted on both sides and sirene on top that played the fight song so he could showboat around town in them.

2. Start a dossier on Delta and Hoginmemphis, same as Jeff Long and get on hogville and troll both of them unmercifully

3. Go down to Ben's apartment in a pair of steel toed boots and kick and drag CBB out by the scruff of his neck and tell him to sober up and get ready for to coach some football for once in his life

5.  Bring back the three wheeler with the big helmet on it..fill that rascal with midgets and have them pour out of that helmet 100 at a time to get the crowd fired up before the game, maybe invest in some chainsaws and axes for them to juggle

6. Legalize booze being brung into the stadium and go down to Sam's a buy a bunch of two liter coca colas and hand them out during the game for mixers

7.  Buy hogville and ban about half of you jackwagons and threaten to ban the other half of you

Well done! There's not a candidate on the planet that could muster up a better initial to do list than this right here, folks! You're not gonna find this list in anyone's binders. You're not gonna find a "brick by brick" guy building life national titles with a better list than this. Just my humble opinion.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Last but not least he'd get Shula up here and have him go hire us a coach like we should have five years ago. 

And hire pond water jack as a very high paid consultant.  Very high paid.

moses_007

Lanny!  No one else here has a lick of sense, me included...lol

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 15, 2017, 07:41:59 pm

I'd also additionally add there's something for every fan in this initial list. He's already appealing to both the big money boosters and Joe/Jill Sixpack with this type of intrepid spirit! Sign me up!

The OTR

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 08:07:56 pm
Lanny!  No one else here has a lick of sense, me included...lol

I agree with the part about you. 

I wonder if part of my compensation package would include a membership to the mysterious Ben's apartment? And I wonder if I could wear cut off sleeve shirts in there?

hog of steele

BroyledNutts

Boardon Hamsay

You know, I thought after last Saturday it'd be a long time before any fresh lobsters were flown into XNA. We get OTR into his new AD office, it could be a red letter day not only for the UofA but also for the lobster fisheries whose catches have had to sell below market price ever since our season went downhill.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

What happened to Wilson? Delete his account?

ManBeast

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ManBeast on November 15, 2017, 08:39:25 pm
I vote for Eddie in Clarksville

He didn't make it out of the semifinal poll. I'm sure it'll come up on his next call. He seemed to make a big stink out of not making the final poll.

Rudy Baylor

DeltaBoy

Lanny AD
Bro Jerry assistant AD
Me the  lackey !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swineology

Never can go wrong with a good 'ole Sonic Frito Pie

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 08:51:09 pm
Lanny AD
Bro Jerry assistant AD
Me the  lackey !

Preciate the participation, Delt. I think Lanny needs to provide his key initiatives to help make up the current deficit.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: JimDandy on November 15, 2017, 08:38:45 pm

Pondwater Jack won over Wilson in the quarterfinal poll.

Rudy Baylor

The OTR

Wilson is taking a well deserved rest after leading the charge to both keep CBB and fire CBB over the past few years.  His tireless efforts as point man on both side of that fence are appreciated and he deserves a break from the day to day grind of this place.

I hope he doesn't read this or I may be cleaning out my office here on hogville tonight. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 15, 2017, 09:00:42 pm
I'd like to change my vote to Lanny

I understand how you feel, Rudy. Quality list of candidates here. I'm pretty strong on OTR but would like to see Pondwater Jack as the associate AD or perhaps in a consultant role.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:07:55 pm
I understand how you feel, Rudy. Quality list of candidates here. I'm pretty strong on OTR but would like to see Pondwater Jack as the associate AD or perhaps in a consultant role.

With fcj as SID.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 09:09:04 pm
With fcj as SID.

FCJ is a lock for project work, Pharm'. Prolly see him working on BWA atmosphere, hosting the MA show, getting the band back to the Robken days, and most importantly, managing general fan customer service issues at all venues.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on November 15, 2017, 09:11:04 pm
I like Joe from Avoca. Calm under fire

That he is, bro nast. That he is.  I think OTR can bring him on as our official helmet car driver and see what that leads to.  We need him behind the wheel, down on the field.

Smalltownhog95

Frito Pie and I'd like to write in Big John Daly!

Just read it was hogville accounts only. I still stand with Daly
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:07:55 pm

Pondwater jack you say

I've never heard of him

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on November 15, 2017, 09:19:55 pm
Frito Pie and I'd like to write in Big John Daly!

Just read it was hogville accounts only. I still stand with Daly

Daly got beat by Sterling From Center Ridge in the second round poll. I blame that old Gruden thread for his early round upset.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 15, 2017, 09:22:19 pm
Pondwater jack you say

I've never heard of him

My friend, Pondwater Jack is an interwebs legend. Haven't seen him in these parts in a long while. Could be big cat hunting on the Okavango delta for all I know. Might need to get a separate thread going to recap the life and times of Pondwater Jack.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:29:17 pm
My friend, Pondwater Jack is an interwebs legend. Haven't seen him in these parts in a long while. Could be big cat hunting on the Okavango delta for all I know. Might need to get a separate thread going to recap the life and times of Pondwater Jack.

Is he the guy who also took out some small cats during a hunt/trip toward Yellville?

Rudy Baylor

Yellville or Yell County?

Van Buren or Van Buren County?

Searcy or Searcy County?

I can't keep up. Who invented this state called Arkansas anyway?

No, seriously.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 15, 2017, 09:32:29 pm
Is he the guy who also took out some small cats during a hunt/trip toward Yellville?

Could be. I'm not familiar with an incident involving Jacks around Yellville but that could possibly explain a bit of a hullabaloo Jacks found himself in with some KState fans a few years back. Fortunately Jacks worked his magic on a few of those fellers and had them convinced he was their long lost uncle. Either way, Jacks does have cat hunting in his blood.

Pig in the Pokey

Yeah, you switched votes around. FAKE NEWS
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boardon Hamsay

jvanhorn

Quote from: swineology on November 15, 2017, 08:51:57 pm
Never can go wrong with a good 'ole Sonic Frito Pie
[/qute]

Or a Sonic Foot Long Chili Dog

moses_007

Good question.  I haven't seen any post by WilsonHog today.

BigBabyHog71

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

WilsonHog

The OTR

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 15, 2017, 09:01:41 pm
Wilson is taking a well deserved rest after leading the charge to both keep CBB and fire CBB over the past few years.  His tireless efforts as point man on both side of that fence are appreciated and he deserves a break from the day to day grind of this place.

I hope he doesn't read this or I may be cleaning out my office here on hogville tonight.

Well I survived the night.  I guess I'm going to be here a little longer.

Thought of one more thing I'd do if I was hired as AD (which it looks like is going to happen). I'd buy hogville, hire a couple of real mean short tempered henchman to run the joint (maybe bring back Wilson, Wayne, Doug, this new Baylor kid, Darrell royal, Rev, Marty Git) and have them kick off anyone who posted the words dilly dilly for life. I'd also have that poster arrested and thrown in jail.

Boardon Hamsay

Looks like the poll and the PTB were pretty tightly aligned. Hearing that things with OTR should be buttoned up and official by early next week. Things move pretty fast when you have a preferred candidate.

While Frito Pie got a lot of sentimental votes and Landy was rewarded for hosting this here polt, OTR claimed the popular vote when I called time on this thing at 1:47 pm today.

Really looking forward to OTR springing into action on his list of initiatives. Even hearing rumors that Eddie in Clarksville could be the new play by play man for football and FCJ could be taking over the calls for Hog basketball. Still, I'm prolly looking forward to the helmet car being back on the field, with Joe from Avoca and Pondwater Jack splitting the driving duties. I think we are heading for big things.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ShadowTheHedgehog

What is his buyout at the trucking company?

hogrider

I'm glad someone decided to get serious about this AD mess.

twistitup

This change of AD opens up new sales avenues for lobster. I can't wait... we better not hire somebody that is allergic to shellfish

We need to get BO to ask all AD candidates he interviews if they are allergic to shellfish
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The OTR

I'm ready to take the helm.  Also ready to start throwing some state money around.  I've never had two nickels to rub together. Sounds like this is about the change. I'm already drunk with power and I might keep CBB around for a drinking buddy. The two of us could polish off some booze, that much I guarantee you.

The U of A about has this big whopper in the bag.