Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 02, 2017, 06:01:43 pm
I love the updates and what they are doing with the stadium, but I have to admit sometimes I do get nostalgic about the stadium I remember in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid.  That view of the mountains to the south was awesome.

So true. Fall colors and maybe a rainy afternoon game = vivid memories.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JOKERHOG

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 02, 2017, 04:32:06 pm
Every year is the year when we lose the A&M game.

Correct, Bielema has never beaten the aggies and BP never lost to them
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Oklahawg

Can anyone confirm details of what will be in place for 2017? Not doubting anyone, just wanting more details.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 03, 2017, 07:34:00 pm
Can anyone confirm details of what will be in place for 2017? Not doubting anyone, just wanting more details.

Just watch the camera! Well, it's been said that we will have a big screen on both ends. So, since the one on the north end is going on top of the NEZ complex, I'm expecting a shell with a roof to place it on.

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 04:59:10 pm
So, where is the underground parking lot going?

Fake News was a thing in Arkansas long before it was a thing nationally. Dishonest media!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

March 31, 2017, 11:37:18 am #55 Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:19:59 pm by Boss Hog in the Arkansas
Another thread that follows the expansion of DWR since the last thread got off topic and ended up locked. Don't have any intention of breaking rules, but if this thread is a violation, feel free to delete.

Heres the link to the stadium cams:
https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I honestly didn't realize how big the new structure already is until I compared it to the size of the construction vehicles.

It appears they are about to begin working on something right behind the goal post
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Thank you for restarting. This is my favorite topic by far until the football season starts up again.

Progress is coming quick, video feeds are the best.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 31, 2017, 11:44:24 am
Thank you for restarting. This is my favorite topic by far until the football season starts up again.

Progress is coming quick, video feeds are the best.

Speaking of video feeds, did they ever clean up the condensation, or whatever it was the had camera #1 out of focus? We may need a volunteer to shimmy up there and fix it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 31, 2017, 11:37:18 am
Another thread that follows the expansion of DWR since the last thread got off topic and ended up locked. Don't have any intention of breaking rules, but if this thread is a violation, feel free to delete.

I think you know what is "on topic" and what isn't, since you made reference to what happened to the last thread.
Go Hogs Go!

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2017, 12:16:23 pm
Speaking of video feeds, did they ever clean up the condensation, or whatever it was the had camera #1 out of focus? We may need a volunteer to shimmy up there and fix it.

Still looks like it has condensation. Alright hogville we need shimmy volunteers.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 31, 2017, 12:42:29 pm
They need to enclose that upper deck........

It was a tradition for observers on Mt Vesuvius to be able to look in and watch the action...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2017, 12:49:11 pm
It was a tradition for observers on Mt Vesuvius to be able to look in and watch the action...

Haha. I bet they gave a discount for season tickets up there! Any unused tickets resold.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

theFlyingHog

FraggleHog

Are the columns for support or aesthetics? Also, will they be visible???? I've got to know!  ;)
Calling the Hogs from DFW

hawgwash

Where will the sniper nests be?

ricepig

hawgwash

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 31, 2017, 04:09:40 pm
Are the columns for support or aesthetics? Also, will they be visible???? I've got to know!  ;)
What channel is the game on??

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawgwash on March 31, 2017, 10:23:35 pm
RRS.  Count on it.
Well they've been doing it at the Super Bowl.

hawgwash

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 31, 2017, 11:08:47 pm
Well they've been doing it at the Super Bowl.
I guess if we make the Super Bowl I'll feel better about snipers.  Belk Bowl, not so much.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 31, 2017, 12:34:06 pm
What's a colosseum?

That procedure doctors recommend for everyone turning 50.  The preparation/cleansing process can be nasty.

southeasthog

Quote from: hawgwash on March 31, 2017, 05:14:03 pm

You just can't help yourself can you? You were posting hot and heavy in the threads that got shut down so you start up in the new one about the renovation.  :puke:
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

LZH

Lookin' good Boss Hog!  Good Job!

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on March 31, 2017, 10:23:35 pm
RRS.  Count on it.

No different than at last year's games.

hawgwash

Quote from: southeasthog on April 01, 2017, 07:51:26 am
You just can't help yourself can you? You were posting hot and heavy in the threads that got shut down so you start up in the new one about the renovation.  :puke:
Fair point. I won't post about that topic here. You have a great day.

Sivad

Quote from: hawgwash on March 31, 2017, 05:14:03 pm
Well, Bob Lee Swagger IS an Arkansas Razorback fan.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 01, 2017, 07:38:30 am
That procedure doctors recommend for everyone turning 50.  The preparation/cleansing process can be nasty.

I felt like I had that procedure during the bowl game.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2017, 12:49:11 pm

Did the fans up there erupt when their team won?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 01, 2017, 09:09:28 pm
Did the fans up there erupt when their team won?

Erupted when they scored.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Rain shut down construction for the day....or maybe this is a new feature, hog slop

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 03, 2017, 01:48:44 pm
Rain shut down construction for the day....or maybe this is a new feature, hog slop

Let Devwah and RWIII get slicked up before play, now try to tackle them  8)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That would be a good tackling drill for the defense  :)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This thing is getting bigger/taller slowly but surely. the white are with the columns (center area) is now connected to the gray staircase looking wall on the left

riccoar

152 days until Fayetteville home opener.  Should have a ton done by then.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 31, 2017, 12:34:06 pm
What's a colosseum?
A place where they throw Christians to the lions and tigers. In this case where they throw razorbacks to lions and tigers or so it would seem. (Just in case, tongue in cheek.)  :P :P
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ATU HOG

Where will the team run out this year and upcoming years?

ricepig

Quote from: ATU HOG on April 10, 2017, 10:09:07 am

This year, it's being said the south end zone, future years, they will have their game day locker in the NEZ.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ATU HOG on April 10, 2017, 10:09:07 am
I've been told that the NEZ locker room will be complete and ready for use this upcoming season

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 10, 2017, 07:48:01 am
A place where they throw Christians to the lions and tigers. In this case where they throw razorbacks to lions and tigers or so it would seem. (Just in case, tongue in cheek.)  :P :P
Here in fayetteville, we throw lions and tigers to razorbacks lol

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 10, 2017, 10:39:38 am
I've been told that the NEZ locker room will be complete and ready for use this upcoming season

Clay Henry said he talked to both Scott Varady and someone in the athletic department and that we will enter from the south end, probably dress in the Smith Center, might use the cheerleaders dressing room in the south end.

razoredge178

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2017, 10:26:38 am
This year, it's being said the south end zone, future years, they will have their game day locker in the NEZ.

Who is that?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 10, 2017, 07:14:50 am
This thing is getting bigger/taller slowly but surely. the white are with the columns (center area) is now connected to the gray staircase looking wall on the left

Looking good! Fun to see the progression piece by piece.

ricepig

GoHogzzGo

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/new-razorback-stadium-scoreboard-to-be-lifted-into-place-april-11/690501588

SEZ scoreboard about to go up.

Will be fun to watch on the time lapse, angle from the north should capture it.

Sivad

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 11, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/new-razorback-stadium-scoreboard-to-be-lifted-into-place-april-11/690501588

SEZ scoreboard about to go up.

Will be fun to watch on the time lapse, angle from the north should capture it.
Dont know what's happening there at KARK4 but the construction is nowhere near being ready to "lift the new SEZ scoreboard into place."