Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boog41

I know it is only a temporary view, but it strikes me as odd seeing the south closed in with the north open.......after the exact opposite for all those years.

jkstock04

The new scoreboard looks absolutely gigantic to the naked eye, I can tell you that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

VirginiaHog

5 steel beams already up. It goes so fast it just messes you up.  :razorback:

FraggleHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 02, 2017, 11:35:20 am
The new scoreboard looks absolutely gigantic to the naked eye, I can tell you that.

Well, it's not really new (other than it's location in the stadium)... Its the exact scoreboard that was in the NEZ in previous seasons. Maybe it just seems bigger because its higher up and we've never seen anything in that space before.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

FraggleHog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 02, 2017, 09:38:40 am
Steel time. Bout to get moving.

I bet it's "American Steel"  ;)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 02, 2017, 12:53:51 pm
5 steel beams already up. It goes so fast it just messes you up.  :razorback:

You reckon when they finish the DWRRS job, we can get that crew on I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 02, 2017, 01:27:35 pm
You reckon when they finish the DWRRS job, we can get that crew on I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock?

What would you use for an excuse to drive by Craig's?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2017, 01:30:01 pm
What would you use for an excuse to drive by Craig's?

Sssshhhhh!!!!  Craig's is where Deltaboy and I meet once a month to discuss Hogville and our posting strategy. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 02, 2017, 02:31:45 pm
Sssshhhhh!!!!  Craig's is where Deltaboy and I meet once a month to discuss Hogville and our posting strategy. 

There's a strategy to this.......

LZH

Hasn't there been one there since around 1975?

Sivad

With two videoboards, now when they light it up red at night it should really be awesome.

Inhogswetrust

That stretch of I-40 will NEVER be finished.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 02, 2017, 12:59:07 pm
Well, it's not really new (other than it's location in the stadium)... Its the exact scoreboard that was in the NEZ in previous seasons. Maybe it just seems bigger because its higher up and we've never seen anything in that space before.
Wow, I never would've guessed that. Maybe it's just the positioning there on the south end but I thought it looked 2 or 3 times as big.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Iwastherein1969

that will never be finished, it's a sinister plan by Damian Echols who is calling upon Lillith to forever keep West Memphis a haven of white trash and just trash in general
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 03, 2017, 04:39:35 am
that will never be finished, it's a sinister plan by Damian Echols who is calling upon Lillith to forever keep West Memphis a haven of white trash and just trash in general
That may be the funniest thing I've seen on here this offseason
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This is just insane.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RazorBassin

Wow, really coming along.  I'm not a Civil Engineer, but how will all of this rain affect the building/longevity of this project.  I just don't want them to get it built, and then we have a settling problem.  I'm sure with the amount of money they are making on this project, that the construction team will ensure the highest quality of work.  But, being around a lot of government contracting and seeing the cheapest bidder more often than not do the crappiest job, I was just curious.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 02, 2017, 01:02:09 pm
I bet it's "American Steel"  ;)
yeah, not much of a chance of that...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Sivad on May 02, 2017, 03:03:15 pm
With two videoboards, now when they light it up red at night it should really be awesome.
gonna look like the inside of my beast gaming pc in there! RGB
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 03, 2017, 04:39:35 am
bro, those dudes are innocent;

but since you said lillith, ill give you a pass lol

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: RazorBassin on May 03, 2017, 08:47:31 am
Wow, really coming along.  I'm not a Civil Engineer, but how will all of this rain affect the building/longevity of this project.  I just don't want them to get it built, and then we have a settling problem.  I'm sure with the amount of money they are making on this project, that the construction team will ensure the highest quality of work.  But, being around a lot of government contracting and seeing the cheapest bidder more often than not do the crappiest job, I was just curious.
Sorry sir that's above my pay grade. I just buy tickets and show up.... like a good little razorback kool aid drinker  :D

ricepig

This is a cost+ job, they aren't skimping on the details. Outside of last weekend, there hasn't been an inordinate amount of rain in Fayetteville this winter, probably below average.

https://www.drought.gov/drought/arkansas

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on May 03, 2017, 10:12:17 am
This is a cost+ job, they aren't skimping on the details. Outside of last weekend, there hasn't been an inordinate amount of rain in Fayetteville this winter, probably below average.

https://www.drought.gov/drought/arkansas
Its very below average. Jeff long made a comment about it last week saying that they've been able to get ahead of schedule because of it

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 03, 2017, 10:15:58 am
Its very below average. Jeff long made a comment about it last week saying that they've been able to get ahead of schedule because of it

Crane #2 has arrived, looks like they will start putting it together.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 03, 2017, 10:15:58 am

So the rain is tracking right along with the football program.  Appropriate.

I keed.  I keed.

razorbackfan4life

Progress is good.  Luckily they can work in the rain now that the dirt work seems to be done. 

LZH

The soil/foundation was prepped before construction began (sand). And they won't work on much unless its dry enough.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The speed these guys are working is just incredible

FraggleHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 04, 2017, 06:54:05 am
The speed these guys are working is just incredible

Now that the foundation work is done... The frame should go up pretty quickly!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 04, 2017, 12:17:50 pm
I wonder if it was a contract similar to the Broadway Bridge in that if they get it completed by a certain date, they receive more compensation.
I started to make a joke about that earlier lol

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 04, 2017, 11:28:24 am
Now that the foundation work is done... The frame should go up pretty quickly!

Shoot, we're already out of steel......

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 12:50:11 pm
Shoot, we're already out of steel......
I thought you were making a joke until I scrolled around the NEZ. No, we are seriously out of steel lol

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Plans have changed, suites will not be added to the NEZ. Instead, boosters have decided to take the "game day experience" to the next level by building a small theme park. The 1st addition will be a large yellow roller coaster that can be taken from the west side of the stadium to the east side. *satire*  :D

OneTuskOverTheLine™

There's been perpetual construction somewhere on that stretch since 1991...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 05, 2017, 08:04:27 am
There's been perpetual construction somewhere on that stretch since 1991...

Just be glad they are working on it, it could become a gravel road again, haha.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2017, 08:08:12 am
Just be glad they are working on it, it could become a gravel road again, haha.

Between construction and truckers driving 50 mph side-by-side for 20 mile stretches at a time (I swear they do that on purpose), I now take 64 from Marion to Conway without hesitation.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

More iron now on site.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 05, 2017, 08:44:11 am
More iron now on site.

Whew! I was worried there for a minute... /s

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like they had a very productive weekend

Stephen Greene

Stephen Greene

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Jackrabbit Hog

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Stephen Greene on May 08, 2017, 03:06:20 pm

That is awesome perspective man thanks for posting! Keep 'em coming if you get the chance.

Really shows how big/deep that hole is. Curious based on the new metal where the red bleachers will come up to.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Coming along nicely

FANONTHEHILL

This was taken May 9th at 1:00pm from Stadium Drive.  Second level steel on west side coming along nicely.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Jackrabbit Hog

I'll be up there for spring graduation Friday night.  I may just have to sneak down there to make sure Darrell Royal's floating fulminating spectral head isn't designing tunnels under the construction. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Whats really amazing was the fact that none of that steel was there this time last week...I don't think