Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

April 11, 2017, 06:49:37 pm #101 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:59:45 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Sivad on April 11, 2017, 06:42:44 pm
Dont know what's happening there at KARK4 but the construction is nowhere near being ready to "lift the new SEZ scoreboard into place."

Yeah, it did seem a little premature..........but the crane can be seen tonight from the north camera.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2017, 06:49:37 pm
Yeah, it did seem a little premature..........but the crane can be seen tonight from the north camera.

Interesting yeah I still don't see anything except the crane.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 11, 2017, 08:41:32 pm
Interesting yeah I still don't see anything except the crane.

I thought I saw workers up on the top earlier today after he posted the link.

NWAHog479

Those are beams that will be used to support the frame, you won't be able to see the columns when the concrete is poured.

Polecat

Quote from: hawgwash on April 01, 2017, 06:46:03 am
I guess if we make the Super Bowl I'll feel better about snipers.  Belk Bowl, not so much.

The snipers in the Belk Bowl were the members of the UA coaching staff. In the second half, anyway
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Its really coming along guys! a few days ago they were still hauling dirt out of both ends of the wall, now its just a few days away from being level all the way across

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

secneahog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 12, 2017, 03:16:07 pm
Its really coming along guys! a few days ago they were still hauling dirt out of both ends of the wall, now its just a few days away from being level all the way across

Love the pics, keep them coming.  I can only imagine how much dirt, was hauled out of there.

Everytime we have nice weather here in NorthEast Ar, I think about guys getting that stadium done!  WPS
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: secneahog on April 13, 2017, 07:37:46 am
Love the pics, keep them coming.  I can only imagine how much dirt, was hauled out of there.

Everytime we have nice weather here in NorthEast Ar, I think about guys getting that stadium done!  WPS
We would've been even further along if not for all the rain this past month. They weren't able to get much done in December either between the rain/snow, Christmas and new years. When you factor all that in, they've done quite a lot
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

secneahog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 13, 2017, 08:01:28 am
We would've been even further along if not for all the rain this past month. They weren't able to get much done in December either between the rain/snow, Christmas and new years. When you factor all that in, they've done quite a lot

oh yeah, really the spring and summer, is when work gets done. They have done some nice work, for the bad weather.
I helped build the 10 story JB Hunt building, down the road in Rogers. Would have been fun to work on a piece of history. Especially when school is in session   :)
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 13, 2017, 08:01:28 am

Huh? They work almost every day, they are on schedule.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 09:53:56 am
Huh? They work almost every day, they are on schedule.

That's true.  Over Christmas, I saw at least 40 guys leaning on shovels and smoking cigarettes at the site. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2017, 10:03:59 am
That's true.  Over Christmas, I saw at least 40 guys leaning on shovels and smoking cigarettes at the site.
Just went back and looked at the site over Christmas. No one was there. Between Dec 23 and 26th, there were only a handful of guys on site, so for the most part the site wasn't in action

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 13, 2017, 12:12:29 pm
Just went back and looked at the site over Christmas. No one was there. Between Dec 23 and 26th, there were only a handful of guys on site, so for the most part the site wasn't in action

Don't doubt J'Rabb, he'll soon post you a picture of the guys leaning on their shovels.

Hawgar The Horrible

That's a lot of QuickCrete.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 13, 2017, 12:17:36 pm
That's a lot of QuickCrete.

They punch a hole and pour some concrete in it, I'm wanting to see floors and steel being hung.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 12:15:47 pm
Don't doubt J'Rabb, he'll soon post you a picture of the guys leaning on their shovels.

It just so happens I had my trusty Nikon super zoom lens with me that day...
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I have pictures too, but with date and time stamps. No one was there, according to the stadium cam, but im human so I could easily be wrong

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 13, 2017, 01:20:07 pm
I have pictures too, but with date and time stamps. No one was there, according to the stadium cam, but im human so I could easily be wrong

You obviously never worked a job in high school or college in which you avoided working, you hid from the boss, or in the case, the cameras.

LZH

Looks like my board of directors.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LZH on April 13, 2017, 04:25:59 pm
Looks like my board of directors.

Don't be modest.  We know that's you, third from the right in the spiffy hat.

ricepig

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2017, 04:40:21 pm

Hey, I always was the best dressed....I mean, the boss has to play the part, yeah?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2017, 04:40:21 pm
;D

ricepig

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Another look of the SEZ big screen structure going up. I'm sure there will be several shots of both ends from today's scrimmage.

https://twitter.com/CoachBreyCook/status/853224117377617920

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Sivad on April 01, 2017, 09:06:08 pm
Well, Bob Lee Swagger IS an Arkansas Razorback fan.
yep... Gave Roger Waters his favorite hog cap. Actually it was Levons character but I don't know his name. Lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

FANONTHEHILL

Shots of North Endzone and framework for south videoboard going up taken at April 15 scrimmage.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Amityvillehogger

They are moving along fairly quick. Going to look good without that pale yellow building in the endzone.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Its a muddy mess out there, but that outer wall is coming along great!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 24, 2017, 07:20:11 am
Its a muddy mess out there, but that outer wall is coming along great!
Now this has to be a fake. According to this picture, the columns are just interior structure and not decorative columns at all!

/s

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 24, 2017, 07:35:46 am
Now this has to be a fake. According to this picture, the columns are just interior structure and not decorative columns at all!

/s

I think they will soon stack more on top of those columns, they did leave some re-bar on top........ ;)

ricepig

ricepig

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I just realized that I haven't been paying any attention to "live" feed of the construction from the northern angle, so I'll post a few shots to show how that looked in the past and how far they've come

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

RIP Broyles Complex. This was  Day 1 of construction

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This was a little further ahead, in mid January

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This shot was taken this morning. The frame for the scoreboard in the SEZ looks absolutely massive!

Hawgndaaz

drove by there this weekend. that hole in the endzone is HYUGE yall. stop by if you have a chance, these pics don't do it justice.

razorcash2

Does anyone know if the new video board on the north side will be any closer to say the north endzone than it was in the past?

Always seemed a bit too far away to me in the past.

ricepig

Quote from: razorcash2 on April 25, 2017, 10:12:16 am
Does anyone know if the new video board on the north side will be any closer to say the north endzone than it was in the past?

Always seemed a bit too far away to me in the past.

12ft closer.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

To put the current state of construction into perspective, heres a rendering of the finished product. The wall that we see on the "live" feed is the outline of the bleachers in the artist rendering. The area behind the wall with all of the caterpillar equipment will be suites (left side) and standing room only (right). Im going to go out on a limb and say that the NEZ locker room will be built next and finikshed right before the season begins. NEZ seats will be added during next offseason, or at least that seems to be the most practical course of action

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 28, 2017, 08:05:17 am
To put the current state of construction into perspective, heres a rendering of the finished product. The wall that we see on the "live" feed is the outline of the bleachers in the artist rendering. The area behind the wall with all of the caterpillar equipment will be suites (left side) and standing room only (right). Im going to go out on a limb and say that the NEZ locker room will be built next and finikshed right before the season begins. NEZ seats will be added during next offseason, or at least that seems to be the most practical course of action

Nope, coming out of the SW corner from the visitors locker room.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/28/new-home-razorbacks/

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Someone here said something about the team coming out of the NEZ this season, so I was just going off of that. 99% of what I said was speculation. Im sure that's a great article but its waaaay too long for me to read right now lol

Godfather

So, dual video boards?  This correct?
WPS to the end.

VirginiaHog

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like theyre bringing out the big guns!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Heres the view from the northern side of the stadium

VirginiaHog

Steel time. Bout to get moving.