Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 days Can you make it?

Started by Porked Tongue, November 24, 2012, 11:06:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

The Razorbacks hope to name a coach within 10 days, according to ESPN.com SEC blogger Chris Low.

LINK

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

ricepig

Devil_Dog

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Rod6275 on November 24, 2012, 11:07:59 am
Why ? Why not 10 min?

Because you probably wouldn't like who you got if that happened.

Try to keep up.

razorbackkid

I want to know now.  I'll need a new keyboard within ten days.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

joeyself

Yes.  I can make it ten days.  I have things in my life to fill up the time.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

hamsam

Been waiting eight months...but i don't want to wait if it is Petersen. Will not be happy with that hire unless we get him for about 3.5-4 million.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Dionysos25

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 24, 2012, 11:06:44 am
The Razorbacks hope to name a coach within 10 days, according to ESPN.com SEC blogger Chris Low.

LINK

Hmm, 10 days seems mighty specific.. Perhaps waiting for TCU to finish their season next Sat? :)
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

UncleFrank

"within ten days" could be anytime between now and then. might be tomorrow, might be next week, might be later tonight. who knows?

havok

The Word.. "Hope" doesn't sound too confident.

bvillepig

Quote from: havok on November 24, 2012, 11:41:52 am
The Word.. "Hope" doesn't sound too confident.
What I was thinking

Mrcoolhog55

Oliver

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 24, 2012, 11:11:54 am

Try to keep up.

Exactly.  It better be at least 7 days from now before we announce our next coach or it'll be a disappointment

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BillyJoeOzark on November 24, 2012, 11:15:44 am
i have no iota of confridence in that long i scared at the outcome of this look for a grobe hire

Strongly agree.

Wild Bill Hog

deshahawg

It'll be at least 3 weeks I'd say.

CDBHawg

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 24, 2012, 11:11:54 am

Try to keep up.
this is retarded. after 7 MONTHS you think an extra week will change ANYTHING? wth?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

The quote from Les Miles "it's hard to believe that team is not bowl eligible. With the talent they have it is certainly capable"
Let's make some waves.

No1Hog27

I guess 10 more days won't hurt, heck, we've waited almost 8 months...

Pigdiana Jones

Considering I have 4 nursing school tests between now and 10 days, I think I can wait that long to get happy/pissed off.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

pghawg1

going to [j] LONG ten days with all these rumors :-X

OTTER

I can make it, but my bar bill is exceeding my house payment as it is.  I feel confident it will be double that over the next 10 days!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Iwastherein1969

we've had since April, basicaly with an open check book with facilities that will be finished in 8 months which will make us second to none and we still don't have our man.....LONG NEEDS TO GO.....this is like sitting on the comode for 3 days and nothing has happened after drinking milk of magnesia, if it ain't happened by now, what's likely to happen will not even approach satisfactory
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Next1_04

Quote from: salebow on November 24, 2012, 12:27:35 pm
Considering I have 4 nursing school tests between now and 10 days, I think I can wait that long to get happy/pissed off.

Your a nurse Focker?

Next1_04

KC Hawg

Quote from: Dionysos25 on November 24, 2012, 11:23:50 am
Hmm, 10 days seems mighty specific.. Perhaps waiting for TCU to finish their season next Sat? :)

Lots of teams will finish their season next Saturday.  Still think he's waiting for Saban to finish coaching the SEC championship game.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 24, 2012, 01:37:58 pm
we've had since April, basicaly with an open check book with facilities that will be finished in 8 months which will make us second to none and we still don't have our man.....LONG NEEDS TO GO.....this is like sitting on the comode for 3 days and nothing has happened after drinking milk of magnesia, if it ain't happened by now, what's likely to happen will not even approach satisfactory
Just because we are not announcing does not mean we don't have someone. As has been stated the longer wait likely means we got who we were after.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Mike Irwin

No coach worth having would allow his name to be announced before his current regular season is over.

Coaches leaving jobs after the end of the regular season usually give their players the weekend to wind down and then Monday or Tuesday of the following week they schedule a meeting to tell them they're leaving.

The presser at the next school is usually the following day.

A week from next Monday or Tuesday makes sense if they're hiring a coach who has a game a week from today.

Danny J

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 24, 2012, 02:15:54 pm
No coach worth having would allow his name to be announced before his current regular season is over.

Coaches leaving jobs after the end of the regular season usually give their players the weekend to wind down and then Monday or Tuesday of the following week they schedule a meeting to tell them they're leaving.

The presser at the next school is usually the following day.

A week from next Monday or Tuesday makes sense if they're hiring a coach who has a game a week from today.
I agree and think it comes by the 4th as well. I think it is likely going to or Gundy maybe Patterson.

Hogmiser

i THINK Mike Irwin is usually right. I can wait 10 more days if the Hogs, and Long make the right hire. I hope it is either Gruden, Patterson, Peterson ,or Gundy, and Cowher....Any of these would be good to great hires. I would very happy with any of them. Now if it goes longer ,then Long does not what he is doing. Also Pete Carroll as well....Go Hogs Go.... I am also happy to see this miserable football year over. All things about this football was underachieving. In other words a failure on all counts. Coaching, and players not executing during key stretches of games. Too many turnovers, and penalties. Lack of focus I guess.
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 24, 2012, 12:05:57 pm
The quote from Les Miles "it's hard to believe that team is not bowl eligible. With the talent they have it is certainly capable"

Thanks Jeff.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ivebeentusked

Part of me thinks 10 days is smoke and mirrors and it will be sooner. The other part ehh Long is scrambling
When cerebral processes enter into sports, you start screwing up. It's like the Constitution, which says separate church and state. You have to separate mind and body. <br />~ Bill Lee ~

Porked Tongue

Conspiracies still abound I see.

It's amazing that after all these coaching changes that so few can understand the secrecy, progression and denials of the hiring process.

Laughing Hog

I'd REALLY prefer not to..........
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Bubba's Bruisers

I wonder how many new names will surface from sources in the next 10 days.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

thefisher

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 24, 2012, 01:37:58 pm

The next coach may have had it as a condition that he not be announced until after the regular season ends where they are at. A very common thing to happen.  Thus the need for 10 days or so.

Do so many honestly not get this?!?!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

texas tush hog

Urban Meyer was named head coach at Ohio State November 28th 2011, so what is taking Jeffie so long.

Danny J

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 24, 2012, 10:30:35 pm
Conspiracies still abound I see.

It's amazing that after all these coaching changes that so few can understand the secrecy, progression and denials of the hiring process.
I know it flew over most people head but I got it.... ;)

Shhh.....I will keep this between us.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 24, 2012, 11:19:27 pm
Urban Meyer was named head coach at Ohio State November 28th 2011, so what is taking Jeffie so long.
Was he coaching at that moment at a University?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 24, 2012, 11:22:43 pm
I know it flew over most people head but I got it.... ;)

Shhh.....I will keep this between us.
You've been looking at my Sept post haven't you?

Danny J

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 24, 2012, 11:30:02 pm
You've been looking at my Sept post haven't you?
Why? Did it spell out Petersen too?  ;D

razback

I'd be willing to wait 3 months for a great hire. But I think we're going to be disappointed in the hire.  It's probably some NFL coordinator that couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag.  I'd love to see Peterson come, but with Tennessee and Auburn in the mix, if he could choose out of three, why would he come to Arkansas?  My friends all think it's going to be Butch Davis.  And though he would be a solid hire, it really doesn't excite me much. Gundy? Maybe, but does he bring defense?  Patterson isn't going to leave with a 131 million renovation, a 3 million dollar home, and entrance into the Big 12.  Who does it leave?

madjudge

Do we have a choice? NO    So I guess we will wait till JL lets us know.

CDBHawg

Danny J

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 25, 2012, 10:17:08 pm
More like 14.
Reference to RD's tweet? I still think between the 2nd and 5th.

arcowboy

There is a state law that for a state job opening there has to be published the job opening.  So that is why JLS had to be reassigned yesterday so that there would be an opening.  I have not seen this mentioned anywhere before. But that is most likely the reason for 10-14 day delay.