Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How's This for Audacity?

Started by WindyCityHog, March 16, 2005, 09:19:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

March 16, 2005, 09:19:07 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 09:37:42 pm by WindyCityHog
I started a Hogville Rotisserie league on MLB.com....

Per contractual agreement, the site doesn't use "Barry Bonds"....instead....it's "SF Left Fielder".....Gimme an effin break....Jesus H. Christ.  Talk about full of it....

Porquemada

This reminds me of the early days of sports video games. When video companies first started using real athletes and stats, it was inevitable that a handful of players (not always the stars) would not be on the rosters. All the other players would have their names on the back of their jerseys and you'd get some linebacker named LB#55.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 16, 2005, 09:19:07 pm
I started a Hogville Rotisserie league on MLB.com....

Per contractual agreement, the site doesn't use "Barry Bonds"....instead....it's "SF Left Fielder".....Gimme an effin break....Jesus H. Christ.  Talk about full of it....
What do you expect from a guy who won't even stay at the same hotel as the team, won't fly with the team,etc. The man needs to be transported back to the 1950's in the deep South to remember the sacrifices of his father and god father(Willie Mays), or even to the seventies with Hank Aaron's death threats, to get some perspective of how lucky he really is. Some of those guys had to run a gauntlet of spit, Miss and even physical violence to get into the ball park to play. Oh BTW, they also rode a bus cross country.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

razorback44

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 16, 2005, 10:53:07 pm
This reminds me of the early days of sports video games. When video companies first started using real athletes and stats, it was inevitable that a handful of players (not always the stars) would not be on the rosters. All the other players would have their names on the back of their jerseys and you'd get some linebacker named LB#55.

Michael Jordan was never on an of the first basketball games that came out.  Other than Jordan vs. Bird, I don't think his name was on the games until the late 90's.  I remember getting my new NBA Live every year and it would always be something like Bulls Guard #99.  He wasn't even on NBA Live.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR