Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody note a recruiting problem here?

Started by Jim Harris, March 15, 2005, 09:03:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

From the looks of it, based on the book on Bob Hurley's basketball program and the fact that the kid has missed the entire season, McCurdy isn't going to come in and immediately answer the point guard problem. Arkansas is recuiting against Nebraska and who? for Armon Bassett, who has "work to do" (my favorite words for an Arkansas recruit) to be academically eligible next fall, if he even signs with the Hogs.
And that's apparently it for guard recruiting.
Nice plan.
Even Nutt's apparent neglect of key areas over the years in football recruiting and his haphazard reaches don't rival this.

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

sooie dog

Why would anyone want to come play for him?  I can't believe we are keeping Heath around for another year.  It's a [CENSORED] disaster waiting to happen or maybe it already has.  What a joke our program has become.  Fire Heath and get somebody in here who can coach.  If they don't like the fact that we fired another black man tell them to kiss our ass.  Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: sooie dog on March 15, 2005, 09:14:18 am
  I can't believe we are keeping Heath around for another year. 

Same reason we kept Nolan around about 3 years longer than we should have, even when all the signs were pointing straight to disaster if we kept him. But keep him we did until he went totally crazy in front of everyone.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: sooie dog on March 15, 2005, 09:14:18 am
Why would anyone want to come play for him? I can't believe we are keeping Heath around for another year. It's a farging disaster waiting to happen or maybe it already has. What a joke our program has become. Fire Heath and get somebody in here who can coach. If they don't like the fact that we fired another black man tell them to kiss our ass. Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never fear!  Heath has promised to take a top-down look at the program and fix the problems before next season.  Of course, he's already ruled out player or coaching changes, but I'm sure there are a lot of other elements to it, right?

I mean, he wouldn't just be paying lip service to making changes to the program and then hoping to luck his way into the NCAAT next year, could he?