Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ref Bails out Duke on a Ghost Foul ...WOW!!! *nm*

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 13, 2005, 02:26:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Lanny

My favorite team each year in the NCAAT.......Whoever plays Duke.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

returntoglory

Hogstradamus

That was a horrible call by the ref.  The foul should have been on Reddick if it was on anybody.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

returntoglory

somebody explain what happened, i didnt get to see it

Michael11

I'm not a huge Duke fan mainly b/c i've always rooted for NC but why do people hate them b/c the've been the best team the past 20 or so years. They are not cocky they have the classiest coach in the nation. They are never involved in recruiting scandles and they graduate players. They have has some very classy players, Hurley, Hill, Laetner, Battier, Williams, Brand, Duhon, Reddick. Why do they get hated so bad. I heard coach K speak this year at my college and he's an awesome person who believes in more than w's and l's he is all about class, honor, and integrity. I just don't understand why everyone hates on them!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

Patch

Quote from: Michael11 on March 13, 2005, 03:56:10 pm
I'm not a huge Duke fan mainly b/c i've always rooted for NC but why do people hate them b/c the've been the best team the past 20 or so years. They are not cocky they have the classiest coach in the nation. They are never involved in recruiting scandles and they graduate players. They have has some very classy players, Hurley, Hill, Laetner, Battier, Williams, Brand, Duhon, Reddick. Why do they get hated so bad. I heard coach K speak this year at my college and he's an awesome person who believes in more than w's and l's he is all about class, honor, and integrity. I just don't understand why everyone hates on them!

Personally, I like Duke, and I agree that they are a classy program, but they have had their scandals. Jay Williams grades, recruiting Chris Duhon, and all the guys you listed were classy except for Laetner. He was a first class prick. Even his teammates acknowledge that.

... but I agree with you. If every program in America ran their like Duke does. College athletics would be even better than it is now.

3kgthog

To say Duke is clean is like saying Arkansas will win a national championship in football within the next three years.  It simply couldn't be further from the truth.  You can throw Carlos Boozer and his dad's cushy new job into that scandals list.  They are just very good at sweeping everything under the rug and keeping people quiet. 

Krizzwhiskey is far from the classiest coach in the nation. Don't you remember him snapping at a reporter after last year's loss in the NCAAs?  Or the legendary stories about his foul mouth on the bench during games?  His language almost rivals that of Gary Williams at Maryland.  However, I will forever keep with me the satisfaction of knowing our Hogs spanked the Dookies for the national title.  It was almost as good as beating Texas in football.

Big Papa Satan

Didn't Kzyasdfawejrwleknrfa;lsmasdqaws,m2=34rasdmfasdfski and Dean Smith whine to the NCAA about Arkansas' 40 minutes of Hell back in the 90's?

Amityvillehogger

Man i miss the 40 minutes of hell....beats the piss outta this crap we play, whatever that is...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Bionic_Pig

I hate Texas (D-1 Football) Duke (D-1 Basketball) Miami (D-1 Baseball) Orlando (Pro-ball)  Tampa Bay/Jacksonville (Pro-ball) I could care less if they manage to lose every game for the next 20yrs!!!

Red - Area Teams. 
Blue - Collegiate Teams
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

returntoglory

kryseeiaofoaiafae may be one of the best coaches in basketball. i think he does a marvelous job. i also think joe torre does a great job with the yankees, but i hate them too. but this isnt about the yanks, its about how much i hate duke. i think laetner is a fag and always will be. he never should have been on the dream team. that is ridiculous. every person on that team was legit except him. he only got there off his shot that beat kentucky. and reddick being classy? that [CENSORED] whines more than anybody else in college basketball. i absolutely hate the kid. duke has produced some great guys. hill and battier are at the forefront of my mind. they are all about w's over stats. good guys, but over all duke puts out pricks. am i biased, you bet. go unc

SultanofSwine

Our brand of basketball is still 40 minutes of hell, the problem is we the fans are the ones enduring the hell. >:(

GRUMPY35

well for starters i don't hate anyone. i have children and i am teaching them it is definitely ok to dislike someone, or some team, but we live in a really dangerous,mean world and to say "i hate this team or this player" in my mind is sending the wrong message to kids. not just my kids, but any kids. that said i dislike duke as a program,but i respect coach k./i also dislike the tarheels,but i have great respect for coach r. williams/ and just for the record i greatly dislike all florida schools, and texas longhorns,and the STANKEES, but i do respect j. torre

HighOnHogs

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 14, 2005, 11:35:13 am
Our brand of basketball is still 40 minutes of hell, the problem is we the fans are the ones enduring the hell. >:(

Dude that statement speaks volumes.  So true!

RebelliousHog

well for starters i don't hate anyone. i have children and i am teaching them it is definitely ok to dislike someone, or some team, but we live in a really dangerous,mean world and to say "i hate this team or this player" in my mind is sending the wrong message to kids. not just my kids, but any kids. that said i dislike duke as a program,but i respect coach k./i also dislike the tarheels,but i have great respect for coach r. williams/ and just for the record i greatly dislike all florida schools, and texas longhorns,and the STANKEES, but i do respect j. torre

Well in that case, I STRONGLY dislike the Cowgirls, but have a lot of respect for Aikman, Smith and a few others of the team. I STRONGLY dislike the St. Louis Cards, and have no respect for the steroid tanking McGuire, but really enjoyed watching Ozzie Smith. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Pragmatic PiG

duke was up by 3 with 4.1 seconds left and had the ball. the 'call' was not that big of a deal. It didn't rob possesion of the ball from tech so whats the deal?

you can't get upset about something that never happened.....can you?

Hogstradamus

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 13, 2005, 08:15:15 pm
Man i miss the 40 minutes of hell....beats the piss outta this crap we play, whatever that is...

It's now 40 minutes of what the hell.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant