Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's in your Bag?

Started by kingofdequeen, January 13, 2012, 02:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMHAWG

Ok I think I have it set for three year well well anyway.
Irons are the Adams a5 OS hybrid 3-pw
Wedges are Calloway jaws 58*&52*
Taylor made rbz 3 wood
Cleveland launcher dst(replacing soon as I figure out what I want)
Scotty Cameron 41"#6 putter
Most importantly a ball retriever for when I can find them lol
Oh and just bought new Adidas power band tour 360 on Ebay for 45$
In the process of finding a new cart out staff Bag to tell my wife to get for my bday..any suggestions?
James

gotyacovered

havent updated mine this year...

alternating Mizzy mp-600 with stiff pro launch red tipped an inch, ping g10 pro launch red x and D2 with diamana x (one of the best shafts ever)
tour issued TM R7 adila 85X
tour issued adams pro black 21* with KOD modded project X 6.5
5-PW KBS i15's custom fit
53* 56* mizzy black nickel, need to be replaced
60* scratch custom grind
my ever faithful old school scotty santa fe
and my new beloved iliacs.
You are what you tolerate.

HoggyWayne

Yeah, well, the ho in me is back.

My new Titleist 712 CB's with KBS C-Taper XStiffs are supposed to arrive today. I'm hoping they fit in with my new Cleveland Classic 290 with Kusala White. Still banging the Scratch 1018 wedges and rotating between the Ghost Spider belly putter, C&L and Byron Morgan.

I can't quit blowing money on golf equipment.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 18, 2012, 09:18:44 am
Yeah, well, the ho in me is back.

My new Titleist 712 CB's with KBS C-Taper XStiffs are supposed to arrive today. I'm hoping they fit in with my new Cleveland Classic 290 with Kusala White. Still banging the Scratch 1018 wedges and rotating between the Ghost Spider belly putter, C&L and Byron Morgan.

I can't quit blowing money on golf equipment.

stick to golf, its a lot cheaper than my new hobby!

HoggyWayne

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 18, 2012, 09:22:24 am
stick to golf, its a lot cheaper than my new hobby!

But wait, I've halfass gotten into that too. A buddy of mine has a plane and has gotten me interested. I'm not at a point where I can afford to right now but we flew to Mirimichi two weeks ago. Took us 20 minutes from takeoff to touchdown. It was much better than an hour 20 drive.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 18, 2012, 09:27:35 am
But wait, I've halfass gotten into that too. A buddy of mine has a plane and has gotten me interested. I'm not at a point where I can afford to right now but we flew to Mirimichi two weeks ago. Took us 20 minutes from takeoff to touchdown. It was much better than an hour 20 drive.

its awesome.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 18, 2012, 09:46:54 am
its awesome.

You need to fly up here one day and we'll play at Mirimichi. I'll drag KS over with me.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 18, 2012, 10:02:42 am
You need to fly up here one day and we'll play at Mirimichi. I'll drag KS over with me.

sounds like a helluva plan.

razorduck9

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 18, 2012, 11:33:32 am
sounds like a helluva plan.

And swing through Monticello and pick me up....  That would make it a hell of a helluva plan

HoggyWayne

Quote from: razorduck9 on May 18, 2012, 11:41:43 am
And swing through Monticello and pick me up....  That would make it a hell of a helluva plan

YAIS

Pulled(PP)pork

u bastages better give me plenty of notice

Pulled out...

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 18, 2012, 12:58:36 pm
u bastages better give me plenty of notice

Pulled out...

I'm sure it'll never happen but if it does, I'll let you know.

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on May 18, 2012, 11:41:43 am

we can fit 3 and a sets of clubs... i could probably hit out of hoggys bag and be better off tho ;D

HoggyWayne

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 18, 2012, 01:30:27 pm
we can fit 3 and a sets of clubs... i could probably hit out of hoggys bag and be better off tho ;D

No pun intended but, I gotya covered.

razorduck9

May 18, 2012, 02:27:40 pm #114 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:29:19 pm by razorduck9
Quote from: gotyacovered on May 18, 2012, 01:30:27 pm

Hell, for that matter, we could both hit out of Hoggy's bag and be better off.  He keeps a nice, updated bag with all the new stuff.

Hence the picture of the brand new Titleist CB's with KBS shafts I just got that came to him via Fed Ex just a bit ago today!

Club ho of all club ho's......

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razorduck9 on May 18, 2012, 02:27:40 pm
Hell, for that matter, we could both hit out of Hoggy's bag and be better off.  He keeps a nice, updated bag with all the new stuff.

Hence the picture of the brand new Titleist CB's with KBS shafts I just got that came to him via Fed Ex just a bit ago today!

Club ho of all club ho's......
if the mrs. ever finds out, he's screwed

Pulled out...

Dillar Dog

Or just pick them up and fly down here.

Whiskeeeeeyyyyy......        Cigarrrssss...........          Freeeeeee golf.........

razorduck9

May 18, 2012, 09:08:48 pm #117 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:10:48 pm by razorduck9
Quote from: Dillar Dog on May 18, 2012, 05:18:59 pm

Whiskeeeeeyyyyy......        Cigarrrssss...........          Freeeeeee golf.........

[/
Quote from: Dillar Dog on May 18, 2012, 05:18:59 pm

That is an amazingly cool picture DD

bplease

Just got a hit once 23* pro black with the javln for $55. Same guy has a 26* with a fubuki for the same price.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Pulled(PP)pork

Taylormade R9 10.5* Aldila Envy 55-s flex
Callaway Great Big Bertha Titanium 3+ wood  with Callaway
Nickent 3DX 3Hi in stiff flex
Cleveland CG Red 3 iron
Callaway X-20's 4-PW in steel uniflex
Nike SV Tour 52*
Callaway Forged + 56*
Odyssey White Hot XG 35"

Pulled out...

Wildhog

Just put a 16* 1h in the bag.  Love it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pulled(PP)pork

I need to drop a club, and go with the 5w, but not sure

Pulled out...

Wildhog

I think I've got like 17 clubs in my bag.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Wildhog on June 22, 2012, 04:14:44 pm
I think I've got like 17 clubs in my bag.

Until I play in a USGA sanctioned event, I'm carrying a friggin' pro shop with me!  :)

And, I still suck.  I'm blaming age.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

razordank42

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 22, 2012, 03:53:18 pm
I need to drop a club, and go with the 5w, but not sure

Pulled out...

i have exotics cb1 5w i make u heck of a deal on

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razordank42 on July 01, 2012, 07:16:57 am
i have exotics cb1 5w i make u heck of a deal on
wifey put me on a $50 limit, deal?

Pulled out...

Hawg414

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on June 22, 2012, 11:26:35 pm
Until I play in a USGA sanctioned event, I'm carrying a friggin' pro shop with me!  :)

im not calling you out specifically.. yours is just the post im responding to.  but it seems most F&Gs share your same thought... and i dont get this line of thinking.  granted, i understand we are not on tour.  but if you are willing to carry 15, 16, 17, 20 clubs, then i have to assume you are also willing to kick the ball out from behind that tree.  or move it from that thick rough to a nice fluffy lie in the first cut.  or just give yourself that 6 footer bc it SHOULD have broke more than it did. 

or perhaps the better question is - if you DO carry all clubs for any potential shot that may arise throughout a round... then why DONT you also just go ahead and kick that ball out from behind the tree... or move it to a better lie... or give yourself that 6 footer?  bc i mean cmon, we all thought it would break more than that.

we all adhere to the USGA "rules of golf" when it comes to hazards.  when it comes to improving a lie.  when it comes to drops.  penalty strokes.  i mean i assume if you hit it in the drink, you take a stroke, right?  so why adhere to some (most) rules, but disregard the club rule?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Hawg414 on July 01, 2012, 08:07:30 am
im not calling you out specifically.. yours is just the post im responding to.  but it seems most F&Gs share your same thought... and i dont get this line of thinking.  granted, i understand we are not on tour.  but if you are willing to carry 15, 16, 17, 20 clubs, then i have to assume you are also willing to kick the ball out from behind that tree.  or move it from that thick rough to a nice fluffy lie in the first cut.  or just give yourself that 6 footer bc it SHOULD have broke more than it did. 

or perhaps the better question is - if you DO carry all clubs for any potential shot that may arise throughout a round... then why DONT you also just go ahead and kick that ball out from behind the tree... or move it to a better lie... or give yourself that 6 footer?  bc i mean cmon, we all thought it would break more than that.

we all adhere to the USGA "rules of golf" when it comes to hazards.  when it comes to improving a lie.  when it comes to drops.  penalty strokes.  i mean i assume if you hit it in the drink, you take a stroke, right?  so why adhere to some (most) rules, but disregard the club rule?
glad I'm not in the "most" category.

Pulled out...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawg414 on July 01, 2012, 08:07:30 am

Man, you can't post anything in jest on this whole website anymore.  I may as well go back to MMQB or Jump Ball and bang my head against the wall some more...how do you feel about black uni's or Little Rock games?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pulled(PP)pork

my usual golfing partner was given a free set of brand new x-22's, and gave them back because he can't get the lie adjusted.....is that true?  I was able to adjust the lie angle on my x20's

Pulled out...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 01, 2012, 10:42:28 am
my usual golfing partner was given a free set of brand new x-22's, and gave them back because he can't get the lie adjusted.....is that true?  I was able to adjust the lie angle on my x20's

Pulled out...

Cast clubs can usually be bent about 2 degrees either way.  The longer hosel on the x22's (in comparison to the Big Bertha's) should allow for that.  Tell your buddy to find another repair shop!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 01, 2012, 11:35:41 am
Cast clubs can usually be bent about 2 degrees either way.  The longer hosel on the x22's (in comparison to the Big Bertha's) should allow for that.  Tell your buddy to find another repair shop!
he's an idiot, would rather play with his Tour Model II's that are 25yr old.

Pulled out...

razordank42

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 01, 2012, 07:43:24 am
wifey put me on a $50 limit, deal?

Pulled out...

I can let it go for that

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razordank42 on July 01, 2012, 12:16:01 pm
I can let it go for that
let me check with the mrs.

Pulled out...

razordank42

Ok its a damn hot club! Pic of it on first page in my bag

Pulled(PP)pork

what shaft? and how is the grip?

Pulled out...

razordank42

fuji stiff shaft, its stock shaft i believe, new lampkin grip

Hawg414

July 01, 2012, 02:40:56 pm #137 Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:42:29 pm by Hawg414
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 01, 2012, 10:12:22 am
Man, you can't post anything in jest on this whole website anymore.  I may as well go back to MMQB or Jump Ball and bang my head against the wall some more...how do you feel about black uni's or Little Rock games?

i specifically said i wasnt directing it towards you.  but it has been debated on here before... and your post reminded me of it.  and fwiw, its actually a legitimate question.  not for you... but for you or anyone else.  k thanks for playing.

but to answer your questions - i dont care about the black unis one way or the other.  woulda been much better if we were one of the first to do it... but fact is its trendy now.  kinda like tattoos... who even notices em anymore?  i MUCH prefer the pewter grey ones.

and i love LR games!  do you want the economic reason... or the selfish reasons?  economically i understand we dont make as much as Fay games, but i think we make up what we lost tenfold in other indirect ways.  selfishly...being within walking distance, its an all day and night party at my house!  especially the early game in the season, which is usually a night game.

Hawgndaaz

added the super xtd adams 13* saturday. KodQ threw a shaft in it and its a beast. took it to the range tonight and worked out some kinks but it is a very well balanced stick.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on July 01, 2012, 10:29:38 pm
added the super xtd adams 13* saturday. KodQ threw a shaft in it and its a beast. took it to the range tonight and worked out some kinks but it is a very well balanced stick.

Have to vouch for this.  Dude hit the green from 285 with a 3 wood. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

In fact, I wanna try one of those XTD's. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

bplease

Only played one course that i'd need to hit a 3w 285 =<
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: bplease on July 02, 2012, 05:33:46 pm
Only played one course that i'd need to hit a 3w 285 =<

<cue KodQ>

"but when i wanna hit 3w to take out errant driver shots, i wanna be able to step on it off the tee"

there's several holes where I play that 3w off the tee is much safer and easier than driver. when you can bust it straighter than a driver without losing tons of distance, it makes sense.

kingofdequeen

If i'm hitting 3metal off the deck, I wanna make damn sure i get it there. 

Pulled(PP)pork

I need that go to club that gets me to 210 off an elevated tee.  My 3/4 3"metal" is too much, and my 3i hybrid is not enough

Pulled out...

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 03, 2012, 08:29:43 am
I need that go to club that gets me to 210 off an elevated tee.  My 3/4 3"metal" is too much, and my 3i hybrid is not enough

Pulled out...

you're in luck, b/c there's about 7 club options between those two clubs.

19* wood.  Look for an adams V3 or superhybrid - should be cheaper now b/c of the new dope that is the XTD, and it'll have a larger "wood" type profile to help you hit it confidently and high.

razordank42

Pulled out...

i have cb1 5w with ur name on it!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Pulled out...

6 iron?

RazorPiggie

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razordank42 on July 03, 2012, 08:53:56 am
i have cb1 5w with ur name on it!!!
I know, haven't tried to pass it by the better half yet, we are taking a trip to St. Louis this weekend and my golf is going to be $60. 

Pulled out...