Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are awful again

Started by Germx, November 23, 2012, 07:46:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgJD

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 10:37:28 am
Mizzou stunk MA's last year the team was getting blown out over and over again. He got lucky one year but the rules have changed and the muggings that took place with the 90's hogs are considered fouls today . I am glad Arkansas has him so keep him forever and just remember its a Pels  fault . Powell kinda looked the same against ASU as he did against decent teams year before last " AMAZING " .

I am so glad you got MA that I joined this forum to bash him!!!!  ::)

roothawg

Over half this team is new. Give them a few games to play and we will see if they are going to be good this year.

tigermania21

Quote from: ljean on November 24, 2012, 02:04:34 pm
Wow, I couldn't even read that.  Did you learn to write in Missouri?

I was schooled in Arkansas thank you very much " northwest Arkansas " so crack another joke about Missouri. All this is funny to me the crappy football season , the basketball team struggling all of it. The end of last year and the Florida game last year loved that game. Pel gave everything he had to Arkansas and they treated him like trash and they means the fans too, I was a Hog fan for 27 years but the day the fired Pel and started acting like Anderson was a god. I decided Arkansas is the worst University in the world .

tigermania21

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 24, 2012, 02:18:51 pm
Mizzou looked pretty good last night, as well.

What does your last sentence even mean? I guess you never watched Powell play before his injury.

Mizzou played the number to team in the Nation... not Arizona State

Danny J

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 04:30:39 pm
I was schooled in Arkansas thank you very much " northwest Arkansas " so crack another joke about Missouri. All this is funny to me the crappy football season , the basketball team struggling all of it. The end of last year and the Florida game last year loved that game. Pel gave everything he had to Arkansas and they treated him like trash and they means the fans too, I was a Hog fan for 27 years but the day the fired Pel and started acting like Anderson was a god. I decided Arkansas is the worst University in the world .
Should have never hired him in the first place.

Pel that is.

tigermania21

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 24, 2012, 02:18:51 pm
Mizzou looked pretty good last night, as well.

What does your last sentence even mean? I guess you never watched Powell play before his injury.

Pel coached Powell in his Frosh season too and he was awesome then , my point is  Powell hasn't been the same since he had his first injury.

The_Iceman

So because of ONE game, where our 4 Juniors combined for 8 points, we are now all of a sudden awful "again"?

Please explain that to me.

tigermania21

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 24, 2012, 04:33:35 pm
Should have never hired him in the first place.

Pel that is.

I can't see anything Pel did wrong we had some good teams injuries are going to happen. His last year at arkansas a few thing go different and its a whole new game was one of a few teams to beat Kentucky that year . So now what ?

The_Iceman

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 04:39:59 pm
I can't see anything Pel did wrong we had some good teams injuries are going to happen. His last year at arkansas a few thing go different and its a whole new game was one of a few teams to beat Kentucky that year . So now what ?

How can an informed Razorback fan be so oblivious?

tigermania21

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2012, 04:38:28 pm
So because of ONE game, where our 4 Juniors combined for 8 points, we are now all of a sudden awful "again"?

Please explain that to me.

The easy way to explain this is Anderson's teams rely on defense and they played D like crap and then didn't score either. Pretty much when you can't shoot and see the ball going in the basket, defense gets harder and harder too play.

Letsroll1200

Goodbye. In two years Missouri will be in the NIT. Arkansas will be a top 10 program.

The_Iceman

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 04:45:06 pm
The easy way to explain this is Anderson's teams rely on defense and they played D like crap and then didn't score either. Pretty much when you can't shoot and see the ball going in the basket, defense gets harder and harder too play.

When you aren't scoring, you can't set up Mikes system. Even at that, we didnt play that bad. The problem was Wade/Scott/Powell/Clarke gave us nothing. If those guys step up and play like their supposed to, the result last night would have been much different.

99toLife

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:06:05 pm
Yeah I bet being a ballboy makes one live vicariously through Tigermania, such as it is.   But don't worry,  have fun with DGB and the future sanctions that are coming at you.

What sanctions?

99toLife

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:12:45 pm
What sanctions indeed?

That's what I thought, you just blabber nonsense.

HF#1

Yes and if we blow out Wisconsin we'll be a top 25 team.  It's still early, way to early to judge.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

tigermania21

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2012, 04:42:50 pm
How can an informed Razorback fan be so oblivious?

I can be this way because I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Pel tried some things in his second year and they didn't really work out well (But Pel didn't do things like MA did things he let kids transfer if they felt that was best for them and started rebuilding ). Hog fans want to act like he had 5 star recruits and and everything was just great and he should have won every game. In Pels third year he had to be part of the red/white game but did you ever hear one excuse about we don't have enough this and that , Hell no ! He took his team and went to the court and battled every damn night . In the end , Pel had his issues and he and Rotnei  had it out and when a player that was at odds with a coach tell the media " I have coaches back " that speaks volumes about that person ability to mold kids and change them positively. Winning can't be all that determines a good coach and mentor to young kids .

tigermania21

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:06:05 pm
Yeah I bet being a ballboy makes one live vicariously through Tigermania, such as it is.   But don't worry,  have fun with DGB and the future sanctions that are coming at you.

Ok your just to beautiful to argue with :)

99toLife

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:17:19 pm
Oh such harsh words.  How will I sleep this evening?  lol

I could care less.. sleep or don't sleep..

tigermania21

Quote from: 99toLife on November 24, 2012, 05:22:28 pm
I could care less.. sleep or don't sleep..

If the hogs lose tonight will you all be angry ?

tigermania21

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 05:32:44 pm

I want you to sleep very well ...

99toLife

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 05:32:44 pm

Angry? This time of the year, No,  if they win I won't be overly excited either.

tigermania21

Quote from: 99toLife on November 24, 2012, 05:36:35 pm
Angry? This time of the year, No,  if they win I won't be overly excited either.

I used to be such a Hogfan I could not sleep for at least three hours after a loss. That really sucked ...

99toLife

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 05:42:25 pm
I used to be such a Hogfan I could not sleep for at least three hours after a loss. That really sucked ...

This is way to early to get emotionally involved, as the season progresses it will get worse!  ;)

SWD26

This thread has turned completely crazy.

tigermania21

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:47:16 pm
All these threads are equally crazy.  And the information here is just as inane.  But it is entertaining.

Glad I can entertain you :) I was a crazy Razorback fan Broke many thing while I was on the bandwagon!

dsims2k3

Everyone needs to chill out. Jump Ball has come a long way in the past year. Let's not ruin it in one night.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

tigermania21

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 05:55:50 pm
The Beauty of Hogdom is a zealous belief in all things Hoggish.   I am Hog4Life and will soooooo be a hog for a very long time.. lol

I said this same thing for a long time ... I am not a hogfan any more , never even dreamed I could love watching them be aweful like I have during last basketball season and the football season.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 04:32:46 pm

Mizzou played the number to team in the Nation... not Arizona State

What exactly is the "number to team" in the nation?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 06:09:05 pm
I said this same thing for a long time ... I am not a hogfan any more , never even dreamed I could love watching them be aweful like I have during last basketball season and the football season.

While we're at it, what is "aweful"?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SWD26

Quote from: dsims2k3 on November 24, 2012, 05:54:08 pm
Everyone needs to chill out. Jump Ball has come a long way in the past year. Let's not ruin it in one night.

We have had some pretty good conversations of late and I hope to see it continue. I want to see the Hogs win as badly as anyone, and I'm sincerely hoping the ASU game was just a bad game, but either way I think Coach Anderson is a good coach and will eventually "right" the ship. He isn't perfect, and some may not like his style of play, but he has been fairly successful in his career so far. If he can turn UAB around he can fix this program!

tigermania21

HawgJD

I'll give it to ya, Mizzou did win one more football game than AR this year. :)

tigermania21

Quote from: HawgJD on November 24, 2012, 06:40:06 pm
I'll give it to ya, Mizzou did win one more football game than AR this year. :)

Mizzou is aweful in football. I can say that :)

Albert Einswine

Quote from: tigermania21 on November 24, 2012, 06:44:32 pm

Mizzou is aweful in football. I can say that :)

What does "aweful" mean?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 06:53:17 pm
Aweful is awful.  lol

Awful command of the English language, that's certain...

elksnort

Quote from: razorbak on November 23, 2012, 08:12:47 pm
It was not til Nolan's 4th year when you could tell he was building a basketball power-house.
bull poo poo. Even in Nolan's 2nd, you could tell the hogs were going to be good

elksnort

Wow, if you are sincere, then this board is getting worse because of your thinking. 
Pelphrey should never have been hired in the first place. He did not get the job done.

hogsanity

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 23, 2012, 07:48:42 pm
I think they'll get better, but the defense will remain pathetic.

Defnse?  No one wants that.  They just want run up and down jack up 3's, press and hope the other team throws it away.  I mean it worked 20 years ago.  Of course, the only title Nolan won was with a team that was very un-hawgball like.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

iluvmyslute89

i tried to tell you al l that the three guard lineup dont work in this day and age. like it or lump it its the truth. bj needs to be at the point. madden at 2 guard qualls or williams at 3. powell at the 4. hm at the 5. only problem is with that lineup wed have poor depth. this leads me to believe that were spreading the talent out in the two deep. instead of starting the 5 best players. save me your argument that says cbb is moving toward a 3 guard lineup. kentucky has a do it all 6 7 small forward every year and they are pretty darn good. syracuse does too. so does every team thats worth a darn. im watching cincinatti and there starting 2 guard is  a good 6-6. i love mike and im glad to have him home but he has to adapt with the game.  judgin from next years class it appears he has a plan. we might be okay if we add mckay from the bball team to the front court. he gives ur another forward and we despertly need o ne . we will be beast next year with harris qualls madden mickelson kingsley williams and portis. we will have one of the best frontcourts in the nation.If bj stays we would likely the deepest team in cbb next year. i like where we appear to be heading but i will be pissed if were still running the 3 guard weave next year. theres no rule that says you have to have 3 small guards to run 40 moh. the 94 team had some small guards but at least thurman was 6-6. if it wasnt for his jump shooting ability we dont beat duke. dillard was a long bomb assasin but ur nuts if u think grant hill wouldnt have rejected him from 3. as for this season all we can do is rally behind them this year. these are growing pains do to palphrey. i swear he was on the take from uk. no one can suck that bad at coaching