Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is #HammerDown the new #Uncommon?

Started by Ray Piggers, December 08, 2017, 11:57:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 08, 2017, 01:48:39 pm
Naw. Hammerdown actually fits the culture of both Coach Morris and Arkansas as it's full of wild rebel hillbilly hellraisers.

Uncommon like Bielema was corny and forced.  Morris has a sense of humor and is put together well like a nicely balanced 392 hemi.

Everything Bielema was embarrassing. Be it the wrinkly garbage bags and flip flops he wore on national TV. Even when he wore a suit it was ill-fitting, mismatched and wrinkled with a ** tie. Coach Morris had a nicely tailored bespoke suit in a strong color palette with a classy Razorback tie. He looked, sounded and acted prepared and composed. I don't think  we'll see Morris crying during press conferences and that is a good thing.

You can't be tough and strong if you cry every 3 press conferences.
long-winded and cutting but actually a pretty good post.

jcbville

The fans ran with this. Its a little different. It was more a natural occurrence. It a hashtag world. Youre little too worried when they havent played a game or had a practice yet for that matter. You can have fun. Its ok. One step at a time little fella...One step at a time...

KCRazorbackfan

Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

razorprep

You are either the Hammer or the Nail....  we have been the nail for too long.  I can get on board with #hammerdown, but the results need to back it up.  WPS!

PORKULATOR

I like full tilt boogie... But then I'm funky so....
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BroyledNutts

Hammerdown seems to be one of those primed and ready catch phrases that opposing defenses will use to describe the level of a** kicking we take ...

Let's leave the catchy phrases and bravado at the house until we actually see some of this big talk brought to fruition on the field ... otherwise there will be a new hashtag to tout that's already popular in Texas ...

#AllHatNoCattle ...

mr_v8horsepower

#HammerDown sounds like truck driver CB talk.
LSR racers like #WFO

Bacons Rebellion

#WeGottaGetBettahButYouCanSeeItFromThereJesusWeptScientificRocketICalledThatPlayBrotherWeDidn'tComeToPaintWeShouldHaveRecruitingMoreLinemen

Pecos Hog

I like it.  It's happened.      #hammerdown   

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Ray Piggers on December 08, 2017, 11:57:27 am
If so, what say you? Do you approve?
I hope not. Enough with the slogans. Just win and that will take care of itself.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

elksnort

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 09, 2017, 10:34:26 am
I hope not. Enough with the slogans. Just win and that will take care of itself.
THIS

texas tush hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 12:06:05 pm
Catch phrases just happen, kinda like nicknames.  You can't force it!

Since throwing the "A"  was invented by Bret and Jen, will it go away as well?

porkbellys

No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 09, 2017, 10:46:32 am

I sure hope so
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 09, 2017, 10:46:32 am

Can what really never was truly go away?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

LR_Matt

My only issue with Hammer down is just if they're going to use it I hope it truly resembles the style of play. Unlike fastest 40 which makes no sense because we can't keep up with half the teams we play.

pigbacon

HogNTX

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: go hogues on December 08, 2017, 09:10:04 pm
Yep. Too similar. Gotta run with something else, imo.
Agree, I liked it but then remembered that Franklin was always saying Anchor down, definitely better than row the boat though

Birminghog

Quote from: LR_Matt on December 09, 2017, 04:56:16 pm
My only issue with Hammer down is just if they're going to use it I hope it truly resembles the style of play. Unlike fastest 40 which makes no sense because we can't keep up with half the teams we play.

Have you seen us play basketball lately?

Switchback

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 08, 2017, 01:48:39 pm
Naw. Hammerdown actually fits the culture of both Coach Morris and Arkansas as it's full of wild rebel hillbilly hellraisers.

Uncommon like Bielema was corny and forced.  Morris has a sense of humor and is put together well like a nicely balanced 392 hemi.

Everything Bielema was embarrassing. Be it the wrinkly garbage bags and flip flops he wore on national TV. Even when he wore a suit it was ill-fitting, mismatched and wrinkled with a ** tie. Coach Morris had a nicely tailored bespoke suit in a strong color palette with a classy Razorback tie. He looked, sounded and acted prepared and composed. I don't think  we'll see Morris crying during press conferences and that is a good thing.

You can't be tough and strong if you cry every 3 press conferences.

Uncommon was about the character and persona of the type of men he had on the team.  Hammerdown is about the style of play.  Everyone is acting like we're the first team to try uptempo.  He will slow down and morph into a more power team as he evolves over the course of a season or two of the gauntlet.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 08, 2017, 01:52:34 pm
And this one did.  He said it in a sentence without any intent of it being used as the new #.

It has caught on quickly.  I think it lasts.

Time to take the "Never Yield" off the sideline of the bb court too.

Dilly Dilly
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Kevin

hashtags are for this generation. they are not trying to recruit us old dudes to come play up there.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TuckFexas81

HF#1

I don't know but he is using twitter much more effectively than the previous staff. Also, he has engaged current players in the recruiting process. I think you see the results of that this past weekend.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rude1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 08, 2017, 12:06:13 pm
I'll get back to you on that in five years  ;)
Lol, this. These things are cute and meaningful if you are winning. If you are not winning, they become a source of ridicule.

blurev

porque

Quote from: elksnort on December 08, 2017, 09:22:21 pm
long-winded and cutting but actually a pretty good post.

The crying thing I think was sincere.  He really cared for his player and thats probably the one thing that I liked.

steveaustin69

Quote from: LR_Matt on December 09, 2017, 04:56:16 pm

Um, what? You serious?

Thunderhog Jr

We can let the "Hammerdown' Uncommonly"
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 08, 2017, 02:18:13 pm
No more hashtags.  No more cutesy catch-phrases.  Just win some stinking ball games.
That's it exactly! #HammerDown is as stupid as #Uncommon or #NeverYield.
Just win, baby!

RME

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 11, 2017, 10:37:33 am
That's it exactly! #HammerDown is as stupid as #Uncommon or #NeverYield.
Just win, baby!

I would rather recruits buy in to slogans and hashtags and have them get excited about it than I would for our fans to cry about slogans and hashtags and piss on them any chance they get.

internetfett

BOAR_N2BWILD

I like #hammerdown but I do not like #fulltiltboogie
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Aunt_Razorback

I am sure I may regret asking this but what was "throwing the A" supposed to mean?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Aunt_Razorback on December 11, 2017, 11:11:09 pm
I am sure I may regret asking this but what was "throwing the A" supposed to mean?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NuttinItUp

Hogs49ers

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 11, 2017, 11:14:59 pm

That is for the Tri-Delt sorority (they are holding up Delta Delta Delta)...
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

I have seen CCM and some of his assistant coaches using #SpeedKillz out on the recruiting trail.

I would not mind that or something with speed in our hashtag and just build our entire University brand around SPEED!  Already there with basketball and our track is usually known for having just a little bit of speed...so hopefully will be there with football soon!  I think it would be pretty cool if that was something we become known for, so when people start seeing or hearing Arkansas Razorbacks, they automatically just associate that with speed!

Maybe it could become our secondary hashtag or something.

#HammerDown #SpeedKillz
SCREW Vandy!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Aunt_Razorback on December 11, 2017, 11:11:09 pm
It was a marketing attempt at a hand gesture to unite the fan base, much like the hook 'em horns sign. CBB came up with it and implemented it. Not a bad attempt, but never fully caught on.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Foshodo

I like feed the studs because Petrine actually did it... I hated uncommon because it was forced and untrue

CCM can hashtag #hammertime for all I care as long as what he says shows up in what he does

RME

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Shakey

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on December 10, 2017, 07:34:48 pm
Agree, I liked it but then remembered that Franklin was always saying Anchor down, definitely better than row the boat though
I love "Row The Boat"...great story behind it and a ton of symbolism.

And as much as you guys will hate this, I liked "Keep Choppin'" from with Schiano at Rutgers.  Fleck actually worked with Schiano at Rutgers and Tampa Bay.  So I guess he thought he needed a mantra like his mentor.

Hopeful Hog

Aunt_Razorback

Thank yall for the explanation :) Wow Bret really did look slim. (Great Thor action in there too😂)

NuttinItUp

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Ray Piggers on December 08, 2017, 11:57:27 am
If so, what say you? Do you approve?

No.  Sounds too much like Vandy's "Anchor Down."
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Aunt_Razorback

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 12, 2017, 10:27:44 pm
#HammerDown
Albiet this is cool,

but we do realize, that wasn't the kind of hammer Morris was referring to right?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.