Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That is the best 41-9 loss I have ever experienced!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, October 14, 2017, 09:43:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Cole Kelly played well in his first ever start at #1 Alabama!  What a place and Team to start your first game against as a Redshirt Freshman. 

Even with inferior talent, I felt like our guys played hard.  I think this is the offensive line we should have played all along.

I now have hope that we can beat some of our remaining opponents.

Coastal Carolina, Miss State, Ole Miss, and Missouri are all winnable games. 

At least it makes the rest of the season interesting!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 14, 2017, 09:43:45 pm
Cole Kelly played well in his first ever start at #1 Alabama!  What a place and Team to start your first game against as a Redshirt Freshman. 

Even with inferior talent, I felt like our guys played hard.  I think this is the offensive line we should have played all along.

Was thinking the same thing...this is the best I've witnessed (effort wise) all season. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JaketheSnake

Agreed.  There were some positives in that beat down. 

Doesn't mean we are looking for moral victories or anything else, but we have some opportunities to improve.

ShadowHawg

DeltaBoy

We lost with Uncommon players and with Integrity.
Fire Jeff Long!.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cambridge Hog

jst01

Haha. Remember feeling like this several times last year?? Bret will bring y'all back down to earth.

jvanhorn

Another cruise down the river De Nile.  Grasping at straws.  The desperation has gone from sad to pathetic.

Dark Helmet Hog

Feels good to have a moral victory in the face of a blowout.

jst01

Sweet Feet

They didn't look too bad tonight, but what concerns me is Bama really didn't even pass. The pass is Arkansas's weakness. Ole Miss offense doesn't look bad, Miss st has a pass game and mobile QB. Mizzou has an uptempo pass happy offense.

farmhawg

Quote from: jst01 on October 14, 2017, 09:47:50 pm
Haha. Remember feeling like this several times last year?? Bret will bring y'all back down to earth.
This
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

forrest city joe

Let's slow down now. we just got beat 41 to 9.and we are 2 and 4 on the season. with only wins being over Florida A&M and N.M. State.having said that. we have some good young talent on this team.need better coaches,who put their best talent on the field.

Hogz87

We left another 3-10npoints on the field because we were just "going for it" due to circumstances.  That's an extremely small moral victory, I know, but we started to actually move the ball on Bama's defense with relative ease starting in the second quarter.  We're still several galaxies away from being in Bama's galaxy, but at least we can grasp at straws and find a few positives to take away from tonight. 

I do think we have a QB to build around.  Austin Allen shouldn't see the field the rest of the year unless Kelley is hurt.

Justagp

rude1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 09:46:22 pm
Agreed.  There were some positives in that beat down. 

Doesn't mean we are looking for moral victories or anything else, but we have some opportunities to improve.
The positives are that Nick Saban doesn't run up the score, so HE was the one who kept that game respectable if you want to call it that, that could have been a 40+ point win based simply on what NS wanted to do...............

code red

What?  How do you figure?  We were playing to lose?  If we were playing to win. Why didn't we kick the FG and head to the 2nd half??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Torqued pork

Sweeten Bret's contract and start making plans for the 2019 Liberty Bowl. WPS

JackTNHogfan

The positives are we can barely score a TD on bama's second team in garbage time.  The negatives are everything else.

East Clintwood

QuoteThat is the best 41-9 loss I have ever experienced!

I've never felt good about a 41-9 loss and I hope like hell I never do.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

BR

It is a sad day for Razorback FOOTBALL, that our fans are happy with a 41-9 loss..   Is this our future? Happy being the worst team in the SEC West...   
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

jm

I am not convinced that we can a conference game all year, but this is the first game we have showed any manhood at all. Maybe we have a few guys that have decided that they are sick of being the laughing stock of college football; which would be a huge improvement.

code red

Our WR will be ready next year.  But, I am sorry.  The only team we beat on our schedule right now is CC.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pecos Hog

Oh, give us a break with that crap.   Our team is pathetic.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jst01 on October 14, 2017, 09:47:50 pm

Yes, no reason to think otherwise.  We should just take our chances with CK the rest of the year to get him as many snaps as possible.  But we won't.  I don't believe CK would win any more games this season than AA would given the OL, but just thinking about preparing for next year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

EastexHawg

41-9 and some of our fans are putting a happy face on it?  It is stunning how pathetic this program has become.

The NewEra

This is not close to where I expected us to be in year five.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 09:53:42 pm
The positives are that Nick Saban doesn't run up the score, so HE was the one who kept that game respectable if you want to call it that, that could have been a 40+ point win based simply on what NS wanted to do...............
Saban has run it up plenty on us in the past.

No one is saying that this was anything but a blowout loss... but it felt like a different team than what showed up vs USC. 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 14, 2017, 09:48:59 pm
Did you see ole miss today? Not a winnable game.

Why should I fear Ole Miss?  We have beaten them 3 times in a row with Bret Bielema as our Head Coach!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: The NewEra on October 14, 2017, 09:58:03 pm
This is not close to where I expected us to be in year five.
No one disagrees with that.

Justagp

Quote from: BR on October 14, 2017, 09:55:11 pm
It is a sad day for Razorback FOOTBALL, that our fans are happy with a 41-9 loss..   Is this our future? Happy being the worst team in the SEC West...
Not happy at all, but got to see CK's potential and the defense had some fire the 2nd half - with a new coaching staff next year this team has a lot going for it.

kodiakisland

Ole Miss, Miss State, and Missouri all looked dangerous today
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hoglady

Really pretty sad - that Bielema has brought us down to a level where we aren't the least bit upset about getting slaughtered on National TV on a Saturday night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 14, 2017, 09:56:08 pm

Just curious, you would tell Cole Kelley to his face that he played pathetically tonight?

rude1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 09:59:06 pm
Saban has run it up plenty on us in the past.

No one is saying that this was anything but a blowout loss... but it felt like a different team than what showed up vs USC. 
Saban doesn't run up the score, he could have won by 40+ if he wanted. Saban will substitute liberally once he knows he has you firmly under foot. Now he is still going to demand those second and third teamers play hard, and if you can't compete against them, it is on you.

Justagp

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 14, 2017, 09:56:08 pm
It's not the team, it's the coaching staff.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hoglady on October 14, 2017, 10:02:02 pm
Really pretty sad - that Bielema has brought us down to a level where we aren't the least bit upset about getting slaughtered on National TV on a Saturday night.

This is also a problem with the fan base...  if you see anything positive with a loss, anything at all,  then that poster is a Bert lover, loves mediocrity,  hangs out at Jeff Long's house, etc...

plumbhog

We were never going to beat this Bama team. Say what you want, but for the first time in a while these Hogs gave it all they had till the final whistle blew. And that's all any fan should ever ask of them!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

code red

I take that back.  In all seriousness.  Coastal Carolina may beat us yep.  Id give em better than 50% chance.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 14, 2017, 10:02:14 pm
Just curious, you would tell Cole Kelley to his face that he played pathetically tonight?

I happen to like Cole a lot.     Yes, he played hard.    He deserves better coaching.   Takes a team to win a game.  But we got our arse kicked tonight.     This is not acceptable.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 10:03:08 pm
Saban doesn't run up the score, he could have won by 40+ if he wanted. Saban will substitute liberally once he knows he has you firmly under foot. Now he is still going to demand those second and third teamers play hard, and if you can't compete against them, it is on you.
52-3, 52-3

moses_007

Not a lot of positives to see tonight.  The emergence of Brandon Martin stood out the best in my book.

Kelley was okay at times, but most of the game couldn't complete a pass.

rude1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 10:04:34 pm
52-3, 52-3
As I said, if you can't compete against his second and third team players, what do you want him to do, take a knee on every snap?

code red

Vandy would house us....no way we beat OM on sanction's.

RebHog

Damn I thought  the same thing but also thought it was the amount of whiskey i been drinkin

TebowHater

K E L L E Y

Can we please learn to spell our QB's name?? Spelled wrong more than it is correct on this board.

code red

Quote from: moses_007 on October 14, 2017, 10:05:02 pm
Not a lot of positives to see tonight.  The emergence of Brandon Martin stood out the best in my book.

Kelley was okay at times, but most of the game couldn't complete a pass.
Our screen game is scrapped with Kelley....no touch.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 10:04:08 pm
I take that back.  In all seriousness.  Coastal Carolina may beat us yep.  Id give em better than 50% chance.

Coastal Carolina is 1-5 and lost 17-51 to Arkansas State tonight.  I realize your just a stir the pot guy, so I will just say, "Nice call"!