Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I can't believe it but I'm pulling for Ole Miss

Started by Potosihog, October 29, 2016, 06:48:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

If Ole Miss beats Auburn maybe I can convince myself of the "perfect storm" theory that has been floating around here this week.

It would give me hope in thinking maybe we weren't as bad as we looked.

PonderinHog

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Potosihog on October 29, 2016, 06:48:34 pm
If Ole Miss beats Auburn maybe I can convince myself of the "perfect storm" theory that has been floating around here this week.

Not sure how that works. Auburn beats the crap out of us and then loses to Ole Miss whom we barely beat? If anything, it makes our incompetence against Aubbie look even worse.

Hawgphish

wupigsuey

Me too. At least I don't have to do it whilst Hooten is there
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PonderinHog

20hog11

Ole miss is showing the way to "neutralize" a good pass rush. Quick throw and screens. Fast developing plays. Ole miss' offense line seems to be doing a heck of a job though. Which is interesting considering our Dline had success against them.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

rhames

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 29, 2016, 07:06:01 pm
Auburn looks rusty coming off a bye week.

Hahaha 

I think I need Auburn to win just for my sanity
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Bubba's Bruisers

I literally LOL'd n a crowded room.  They think I'm talking to myself.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Solo

Well done.  Gotta pull for auburn in this one .

PonderinHog

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Potosihog on October 29, 2016, 06:48:34 pm

Well, there's a lot more room on the Ole Miss bandwagon these days.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

EastArkHog 47

Its Devil1 vs Devil2, just knowing someone you hate will lose ain't all bad.

ronmahony

Yeah I am kinda pulling for Ol Miss, just can't pull for Gus for any reason. Just wish they would have played this game before we played auburn.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Hog-Corleone

Ummm....  you mean two bye weeks, right?
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

BigE_23

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 29, 2016, 07:04:17 pm
Not sure how that works. Auburn beats the crap out of us and then loses to Ole Miss whom we barely beat? If anything, it makes our incompetence against Aubbie look even worse.

//

HiggiePiggy

I'm rooting for ole miss also.   I have auburn for 5 confidence points while 2 people in my group have them for 6 and 7.  So a Aubrun loss helps me stay in the lead.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

AU played their game of the year last week. Cant play with that focus every game.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgTide

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 29, 2016, 07:04:17 pm

Some are going to bitch no matter what happens

Hog Solo

Justagp

Had to laugh at this. it probably does not redeem us in any form or fashion, but my dislike over Ole Miss completely overrules my disdain for Auburn.

PORKULATOR

Oh I'm cheering for Rebel Bear tonight. Don't like Awdarn, their fans and detest the coach.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ronmahony

I believe Ol Miss shot their wad with that interception.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

PonderinHog

Hogs run wild

Their program is more snake bit than ours. Wow.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Justagp

HawgTide

Quote from: Justagp on October 29, 2016, 09:37:02 pm
Yep

No doubt but that doesn't change the fact that some were going to bitch no matter who won between OM and AU> It's what they do

Swinesong1

So our best and only SEC win is against 1-4 Ole Miss.  Great!

Hog Solo

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 29, 2016, 09:48:32 pm
So our best and only SEC win is against 1-4 Ole Miss.  Great!

Well we do get to play an sec least team next week.

ronmahony

They were talking about the Cubs shortstop Donnie Kessinger, he was from Forrest City. I lived there as a kid and he came to our school one time. He signed my baseball that was also signed by a bunch of the Philies from 68. Yup I played baseball with when I lost mine! But hey I was in the sixth grade.

Agent S

Good win for Gus. Should have hired him after Smile.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Agent S on October 29, 2016, 10:01:44 pm
Good win for Gus. Should have hired him after Smile.

No thank you.  Maybe rashlee

Atlhogfan1

OM is a good football team. This division minus MSU is ridiculously deep.

I do think Freeze has peaked. With the NCAA thing looming he may be in trouble soon.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

sickboy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 29, 2016, 10:21:47 pm
OM is a good football team. This division minus MSU is ridiculously deep.

I do think Freeze has peaked. With the NCAA thing looming he may be in trouble soon.

The SEC West is a gauntlet. No doubt.