Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Carroll goes Pro I bet we definitely get Joe Adams

Started by forttownpimp, January 09, 2008, 06:05:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forttownpimp

Right?  How could he still go to USC?  Getting Joe Adams would be HUGE.  That kid would light it up in this system. 

VenturaHog

forttownpimp

I have never heard of a College Coach saying he was "interested" in a pro job and not make the jump.  Never.

VenturaHog

Quote from: forttownpimp on January 09, 2008, 06:08:36 pm
I have never heard of a College Coach saying he was "interested" in a pro job and not make the jump.  Never.

Carroll has been at the pro level before though, and he should be the top payed NCAA coach in the country, which he is not. He has his dream job at USC, I could see him using this as leverage to get more $$$.

jgphillips3

Well...if the report I saw that it was Atlanta that was interested in him is correct, why the hell would he go there with that bunch of thugs?  Trust me, I would love for him to go because that would assist us (and really the entire country) in recruiting with him gone and I think would seal the deal for Joe Adams.  I just can't see him going to Atlanta.

LAHOGG

Quote from: forttownpimp on January 09, 2008, 06:08:36 pm

He's done this same thing about four years in a row with different teams.

forttownpimp

You obviously missed the subject of this article then:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188045

Sources: USC's Carroll interested in Falcons' opening

VenturaHog

Quote from: forttownpimp on January 09, 2008, 06:16:54 pm
You obviously missed the subject of this article then:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188045

Sources: USC's Carroll interested in Falcons' opening

No, no. I understood the article, please reread my post. This sort of thing happens EVERY offseason with Carroll. Every team in America wants him and he just wants to get paid more and stay at his dream job.

go hogues

No way he leaves Southern Cal.
Pure leverage for cash and he will get it.  Who else would SC hire this late in the game?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

grayhawg

forttownpimp

Sorry Ventura, this is what I was referring to:

Well...if the report I saw that it was Atlanta that was interested in him is correct, why the hell would he go there with that bunch of thugs?  Trust me, I would love for him to go because that would assist us (and really the entire country) in recruiting with him gone and I think would seal the deal for Joe Adams.  I just can't see him going to Atlanta.

I just heard on Sportscenter that he spoke with Arthur Blank today.

go hogues

Quote from: grayhawg on January 09, 2008, 06:27:36 pm
How about anybody they wanted?
I'm telling you, it would be hard, even for SC, to hire someone of quality right now.  I'm guessing they would immediately pursue Kiffin and I'm sure at this point he would crawl there.  It would be hard to get another coach in there this late in the recruiting game.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

VenturaHog

Quote from: forttownpimp on January 09, 2008, 06:32:28 pm
Sorry Ventura, this is what I was referring to:

I just heard on Sportscenter that he spoke with Arthur Blank today.

right on, You're right I saw that on sportcenter too.

stlchiroHOG

i say if we get Mallet, we get joe adams and the rest of the WR in state

Calling All Hogs

Even if PC doesn't jump, let's use it against him! Tell Joe Adams there is no way Pete will stay at USC the way he is flirting with every NFL job!

8)

Cresthog

Didn't he interview with the dolphins last season?

ArKan5a5 KiD

I think come Feb. 6th Joe will also be a Hog....i know Cruz is out there recruiting him for us!