Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jameel Owens - #7 WR @ US Army Bowl Game - Favoring Arkansas?

Started by HawgAdvocate, January 05, 2008, 12:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

Granted I don't keep up with football recruiting as I probably should, but he's got us listed towards the top. TRG, is this a Petrino receiving madman or an old HDN holdover who has some sick fantasy with run-blocking?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=39931
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mmweber01

Alphabetical order he will end up committing to OU today.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

SpiritHog

The Hogs will face him in the championship game in January 2013
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

arklahoman36

I wouldn't be surprised to see Owens end up in Stillwater.

russell33

Quote from: arklahoman36 on January 06, 2008, 02:35:40 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Owens end up in Stillwater.

if ou gets julio jones.... which is a strong possibility, this maybe true

jim hog

Arkansas wants all top flight recruits. Hogs welcome you.

russell33

from newsok.com

MUSKOGEE — Wide receiver Jameel Owens and defensive tackle Stacy McGee have canceled their Jan. 19 visit to Florida and will announce their commitments in a press conference Jan. 15 at 6:30 p.m. Muskogee coach Matt Hennessey said Tuesday.

Owens and McGee, the state's top football prospects from the Class of 2008, have trimmed their list to four: OU, OSU, Tennessee and Texas Tech.

"They're just tired of the recruiting process," Hennessey said. "Jameel had 28 voice mails last night and I'm sure Stacy had just as many. I told them when this all started to enjoy it now, because it was going to get old down the stretch."

The tandem has received in-home visits from Bob Stoops, Mike Gundy, Tennessee's Philip Fulmer and Texas Tech's Mike Leach. Hennessey said McGee could cancel his Jan. 11 visit to Tennessee, but maintained the Volunteers are still on the list.

"(McGee) really enjoyed the visit from Fulmer," Hennessey said. "He really likes Tennessee but there's a big wrestling tournament he wants to wrestle in this weekend."

The commitment ceremony will be held at the Muskogee gym between the Roughers' JV and varsity wrestling matches next Tuesday.