Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett has spoken to Tim Horton

Started by hawg in memphis, January 05, 2008, 11:05:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg in memphis

Since this is dead time that means he had to call Horton. Not saying he ends up at U of A, but, I think were seriously in the running.

WilsonHog

Won't take long to play out, I suspect. Classes start at UA on January 14.

limousin

Quote from: hawg in memphis on January 05, 2008, 11:05:34 am
Since this is dead time that means he had to call Horton. Not saying he ends up at U of A, but, I think were seriously in the running.
Source?

Is this just another weekend rumor? Please convince me that we can get him home.

Corkscrew Johnson

ha, not the optimism im used to coming from that handle

Hogtropolis™

Coaches can contact recruits once a week in the dead period, but since Mallet is not a recruit and has not been released by the University of Michigan, then I would suspect your assumption that Mallet contacted Horton would be correct.

BTW, this is very good news!

ArKan5a5 KiD

boilerhog

why call Horton?  I know he's recruiting coordinator and all, but if a call comes in from RM it should immediately be forwarded to Petrino

limousin

Hawg in Memphis has no proof or he would be discussing this. Just another rumor!!! I wish it were true though.

tophawg19

what do you want a copy of the phone call. there isn't always a link
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

limousin

Point taken. But I would like to know how he knows this. I do not know one person that would not sell his grandma (figuratively speaking) for a qb like Mallett. Many of us have watched this kid grow up and wanted him all along, but I digress. I am just sick of rumors with no substance.

The Boar War

Quote from: boilerhog on January 05, 2008, 11:24:35 am
why call Horton?  I know he's recruiting coordinator and all, but if a call comes in from RM it should immediately be forwarded to Petrino

Horton's may be the only number he has.  If he calls you have to keep him on the line and at least talk to him.  Horton is the recruiting coordinator after all. 

We cant afford to have a 5 star qb on the line and then tell him to call someone else.  Im sure they arranged for another phone conversation with the petrinos and possibly the new qb coach later on.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: limousin on January 05, 2008, 11:43:22 am
Point taken. But I would like to know how he knows this. I do not know one person that would not sell his grandma (figuratively speaking) for a qb like Mallett. Many of us have watched this kid grow up and wanted him all along, but I digress. I am just sick of rumors with no substance.

You would like to know? Why hell, I'd like 20 minutes with Jessica Alba, but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

If you don't like rumors, then you shouldn't be reading message boards. We have anonymous handles for a reason.

Think good thoughts. It makes sense that he would contact us. It's not as if this was a "Tim Tebow calls Tim Horton" rumor. We should expect this to happen, honestly.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ArKan5a5 KiD

Regardless if its rumor or not i hope its true....i'd love to have RM on the team next year!

PigPusher

Did you make this up?  How do you know this fact?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

tkhog

If it didn't have substance, Lanny wouldn't leave it up.

hawg in memphis

Quote from: PigPusher on January 05, 2008, 01:28:34 pm
Did you make this up?  How do you know this fact?
[/

I have better things to do with my time than post rumors on this board. I did not say Mallet was comming to Arkansas, although at this time I feel good about our chances. Being a razorback fan I thought this would be of interest-------

The real Hogules

I certainly hope that Ryan Mallett still has a desire to lead our/his Arkansas Razorbacks to the top of the always powerful SEC and on to the BCS!

Him committing to the Razorbacks would vastly cut down our rebuilding time and would give our new coaching staff something else to sell to prospective offensive recruits.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jackflash

If he decides to transfer, Arkansas will have a chance and that all we can ask for

swinesation

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 05, 2008, 11:50:35 am
You would like to know? Why hell, I'd like 20 minutes with Jessica Alba, but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

If you don't like rumors, then you shouldn't be reading message boards. We have anonymous handles for a reason.

Think good thoughts. It makes sense that he would contact us. It's not as if this was a "Tim Tebow calls Tim Horton" rumor. We should expect this to happen, honestly.

Just 20 minutes?

jgphillips3

Since he is not a "recruit", would the dead period even matter?  Also, if the kid is seriously interested in Arkansas, I would bet money that Petrino will make the final contact, but I get the sense that Petrino really delegates duties and lets his guys do their thing and Horton is probably his point guy for all "recruits"/prospective players. 

Finally, I know we all got gun shy of rumours in the HDN era, but there has been a lot of interest from Mallett in Arkansas for a long time per the great preponderance of people who seem to have legitimate knowledge.  Interest doesn't mean he will come here, but it sure makes me believe he has at least made contact.  There is in fact no reason to doubt he has made contact if you believe he is leaving Michigan in the first.  He will have to contact schools real fast and in a hurry and better be making contact with every place he may want to go in case his first choice falls through.

Buck Brewer

he's got his release its just not public.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: SherlockHog on January 05, 2008, 04:55:46 pm
he's got his release its just not public.

Do you have anything to back that up??

Beaverfever

Why do yall all say stuff about sources and backing stuff up.  Obviously this guy doesn't have a link that says mallett is comming to arkansas or whatever.  It is a RUMOR.  Take it with a grain of salt.  This guy might know what he is talking about and he might not.  Seeing as how the mods haven't moved this to rumors that might be a good sign.  Who knows for sure though. 

Beaverfever

This is a MESSAGE BOARD.  This is not the 5 o clock news.  If you don't like rumors than message boards aren't for you.

SpiritHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 05, 2008, 05:37:34 pm
This is a MESSAGE BOARD.  This is not the 5 o clock news.  If you don't like rumors than message boards aren't for you.

Couldn't say it better.  Love the handle.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

kimjongsqUeAl

wouldn't he have to sit out a year if he transfers to another DI school anyway?
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

The Boar War

Quote from: pigtracks on January 05, 2008, 06:29:46 pm
Two different stories on Mallet on the TN boards
Sorry, don't think my hyperlink worked - may have to copy to read

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols/41599-scot-loeffler-merged-3.html

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols/41697-ryan-mallett.html

They seem to think its between them, FSU, Ucla, A&M, and Rutgers.  Some of those choices don't even make sense.  I think UCLA and Tennessee cancel each other out.  Loeffler can only be at one school at a time.  Rutgers makes no sense at all.  The idea that he might come to Arkansas came up but was quickly shot down.  They even said he said he doesn't want to go there.  Either they have some information no one else has or they still think we're a program committed to mediocrity.

The real Hogules

Quote from: The Boar War on January 05, 2008, 06:46:33 pm
They seem to think its between them, FSU, Ucla, A&M, and Rutgers.  Some of those choices don't even make sense.  I think UCLA and Tennessee cancel each other out.  Loeffler can only be at one school at a time.  Rutgers makes no sense at all.  The idea that he might come to Arkansas came up but was quickly shot down.  They even said he said he doesn't want to go there.  Either they have some information no one else has or they still think we're a program committed to mediocrity.

It also says this over on Vol Nation -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW: Mallet to UCLA will NOT happen. Arkansas is the favorite since they don't have a qb. He spoke with Rich Rod and didn't like what he heard so transfer is more than likely in the future; spoke with UCLA yesterday, nixed them; talking to Petrino today. Will be coming through Memphis beginning of next week and says a decision will be made by then.

He loves playing for Loeffler, and if Fulmer can get him as qb coach then TN might have an outside shot. His family is big Ark fans, and with their qb situation they are the favorite.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Boar War

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 05, 2008, 06:49:16 pm
It also says this over on Vol Nation -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW: Mallet to UCLA will NOT happen. Arkansas is the favorite since they don't have a qb. He spoke with Rich Rod and didn't like what he heard so transfer is more than likely in the future; spoke with UCLA yesterday, nixed them; talking to Petrino today. Will be coming through Memphis beginning of next week and says a decision will be made by then.

He loves playing for Loeffler, and if Fulmer can get him as qb coach then TN might have an outside shot. His family is big Ark fans, and with their qb situation they are the favorite.

Wow I didn't see that.  I'm sorry I misrepresented the story.

Kevin Bacon

Try the PM function then.  I am sure he will tell you how he knows.

SpiritHog

If that's the case we will have him for that brutal 09 schoedule.

Hawgballz

Quote from: The Boar War on January 05, 2008, 06:46:33 pm

Don't believe the BS.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Oklahawg

Mallett's disinterest in Michigan is well-known gossip that goes back to a year ago. Word on the street is that Carr refused to release him from scholarship last spring. That he didn't play (a down? many downs?) in UM's bowl game after playing well during the year (Henne or no Henne) may or may not mean anything.

I mention that not to confuse things but to acknowledge there is reason to believe that Carr didn't do much to hold onto Mallett for UM by giving him some reps in the bowl vs Florida.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

dewayne

HOGINTENNESSEE

+1 because I want to believe it.

You may say I'm a Dreamer, But I'm not the only one.

kimjongsqUeAl

please let it be.  don't know how true it is but sounds good nontheless.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

TMooney

Well , Ive got a problem with this rumor.

Pryor said to day when he played in the game he wasnt declaring till the end of Febuary. However , he came in wearing a Mich sweatshirt and they made him  take it off and change before he could come in.

Be a h^ll of a thing for Mich if they lost them both! I dont see that happening . Pryor may be putting pressure on Mich cause their in jepardy of losing Mallet over this . That coach didnt get to where hes at by being stupid.
Now Mallet gains in this by staying if pryor doesnt come or one would think as its a checker game for him. He doesnt want to hold off playing a year over nothing .
Id say that the boys got the coach backed against the wall on this one . Its the coaches move .

TMooney

Yall might end up in the same shape if the state starts chasing Mallet . We might end up with the Dicks and thats it . Thad be a shame .

SpiritHog

Quote from: Bogarto on January 05, 2008, 10:30:17 pm
With the Arkansas media you generally get more reliable information from message boards than you do from the 5 o clock news.

I know of a couple of stations that looked like they were using hogville for a source a few weeks ago.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Bogarto on January 05, 2008, 10:30:17 pm
With the Arkansas media you generally get more reliable information from message boards than you do from the 5 o clock news.
Sad but true.

Adam Stokes

What would be really great is if Pryor really wants to go to OSU, and he is just telling all this stuff to Michigan so Mallett will leave and he can spank their tails the next three years.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 06, 2008, 01:38:35 pm
What would be really great is if Pryor really wants to go to OSU, and he is just telling all this stuff to Michigan so Mallett will leave and he can spank their tails the next three years.

Very nice. Very devious, but very nice!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ArKan5a5 KiD

Has there been any recent news on this whole Mallet issue?? I mean how long is this kid going to take before he makes up his mind?? Is Mallet waiting on Pryor and Pryor waiting on Mallet?? One of them is going to have to make a decision.

Hawgballz

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 06, 2008, 10:52:25 pm
Has there been any recent news on this whole Mallet issue?? I mean how long is this kid going to take before he makes up his mind?? Is Mallet waiting on Pryor and Pryor waiting on Mallet?? One of them is going to have to make a decision.

Doesn't have to make a decision until just before fall enrollment, if he wants to wait that long. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

mbgrulz

i think he needs to be in class on the 2nd monday of classes.