Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS : Flyover !

Started by HogHillbilly, November 20, 2006, 02:18:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHillbilly

I was told by one of my pilots today, your Fighting 188th WILL be doing a Flyover for the Little Rock game this Friday.............All the details are still being worked out..............Some of us will probably have to work on our day off to get yall this flyover instead of at home watching the game..................So if you see someone from the 188th, tell them thankyou

Go Hogs Go..................Beat LSWho
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Big Daddy Hog Nuts

Rock out!  I'm still stunned we couldn't get a flyover for Veteran's Day.  What was that all about?
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet. ~Rodney Dangerfield

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Big Daddy Hog Nuts on November 20, 2006, 02:20:30 pm
Rock out!  I'm still stunned we couldn't get a flyover for Veteran's Day.  What was that all about?

The Air Force has banned all Flyovers after dusk and before dawn..............If it had been the CBS afternoon game we would have done it............

hogchic2001

That is awesome!  Thanks so much!!  WPS!
Go HOGS Go!

HogHillbilly

Quote from: CabotHog on November 20, 2006, 02:27:56 pm
Sweet. What will they be flying?

What we always fly..................F-16s

PMCANALLY

TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

Ray Zor

Quote from: opineonswine on November 20, 2006, 02:25:48 pm
Miss State had one Sat with 2 jets.  It was weak.

Yeah, I agree.  I love what the Military does, but that was the worst fly over ever. They were barely moving.  

When our guys fly over WMS, Please.......LAY THE HAMMER DOWN !
GO HOGS

Sdalehogfan

WoooHoooo!!  F-16's over War Memorial!  That place will be rockin!

PAHog

I can't wait for the chill bumps.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

hogsNbeer

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 20, 2006, 02:18:44 pm
I was told by one of my pilots today, your Fighting 188th WILL be doing a Flyover for the Little Rock game this Friday.............All the details are still being worked out..............Some of us will probably have to work on our day off to get yall this flyover instead of at home watching the game..................So if you see someone from the 188th, tell them thankyou

Thanks HOGHILLBILLY!!!!!!    WPS!!!!!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 20, 2006, 02:28:36 pm

For now until those A-10 Hogs come to Arkansas!  LOL  :-) 

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Landonhog

Awesome!  Thanks for the update, as usual.

Hogs4Ever

Very cool!  Love me some Fighting Falcons!   8) :razorback:

Da Porker

Absolutely awesome....

For the guys in uniforms - this buds for you!!!!

Go Hogs!!!
Go Hogs

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on November 20, 2006, 02:37:08 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 20, 2006, 02:28:36 pm

For now until those A-10 Hogs come to Arkansas!  LOL  :-) 

WPS

Chris

Those A-10's are gonna be awsome flying over WMS.   Cant wait!

wooo

I saw a commercial with F-22's on it

What is that (I know its a new fighter)?

any info on speed and such on the F-22 or the F-16?

Arazorbackguy1

November 20, 2006, 03:31:20 pm #17 Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:34:24 pm by Arazorbackguy1

That's all we had at the Ole Miss game this year, and it sure wasn't weak!   
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

pikehog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on November 20, 2006, 02:27:34 pm

Everything at Miss State was weak:

1.  Stadium
2.  PA Announcer
3.  "Jumbotron"
4.  BathroomsTroughs
5.  Fly Over

I could go on and on.

6. Our offense

pork-e-pine

Quote from: pikehog on November 20, 2006, 03:34:49 pm

1.  Stadium
2.  PA Announcer
3.  "Jumbotron"
4.  BathroomsTroughs
5.  Fly Over

I could go on and on.

6. Our offense

So true. I am just glad we are finally fielding a team that is capable of overcoming a poor performance by one phase of our game.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Melhog

Quote from: wooo on November 20, 2006, 03:28:49 pm

f22fighter.com is the website.

The F-22 raptor is a stealth fighter that is supersonic unlike the F-117.  It has thrust vectoring and can cruise at supersonic speeds and use alot less fuel than conventional fighters. I think thats called super cruise.  Not sure when it goes into service, but the website probably indicates when.

HogNuttz

When a plane breaks the sound barrier, it makes a moisture cloud.  What would happen if a plane could break the speed of light?

If it was flying straight at you, is there anyway to see or hear it before your dead?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

pork-e-pine

If a plane broke the speed of light the laws of physics would be so confounded that the planet would stop spinning an life as we know it would cease.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Trottsky

F-22: Effective speed 1,800 mph. Saw one at the air show couple weeks ago. One cool machine.

A few years ago (pre-2001) a WWII-era F-4 Corsair did an unexpected flyover during National Anthem at Razorback War Memorial game, came in low and fast from the south end zone, and man! that was a thrilling moment.

Arazorbackguy1

Actually, depending on how much faster than the speed of light that you were traveling, you would actually go back in time.  You'd probably be able to steal that dang Sports Almanac from Biff, wouldn't that be awesome? ;)
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Realee

Man my dad is going to be pissed, he is the Lab Chief over at the NDI Shop.  Those guys have to work anytime the birds fly.  Maybe he will sucker one of the younger guys too work.............Or just make them, but that's not his style.

Ahenso

WMS is going to be rocking on Friday! I can't wait

HogHillbilly

Quote from: wooo on November 20, 2006, 03:28:49 pm

I'd tell ya..................But then I would have to kill ya !

WestMemphisHogFan

WoooPigSooie

Tell 'em to come in 1500 ft off the deck with afterburners blazin'
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

Hogwild poker

HogNuttz

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 20, 2006, 03:51:58 pm
Actually, depending on how much faster than the speed of light that you were traveling, you would actually go back in time.  You'd probably be able to steal that dang Sports Almanac from Biff, wouldn't that be awesome? ;)

Why back in time?  Why not forward in time?  How far foward or back does one go?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on November 20, 2006, 03:59:14 pm
Tell 'em to come in 1500 ft off the deck with afterburners blazin'

If I could tell those guys what to do..............My life would be perfect...............I will tell them everything that yall say though

pork-e-pine

I thought that the way to go back in time was to go against the spin of the earth so fast that you get it to start spinning backwards.

But maybe that slingshot around the sun thing could work too.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Chuck Beavers

For you guys talking about flying faster than the speed of light, it would reassure me to know you did NOT have degrees from the University of Arkansas.

pork-e-pine

I indeed have a degree from the U of A...so ;p
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

pbjones81

hogbilly.....THANK YOU.....we all appreciate these flyovers so much....the goosebumps are an insanely good feeling....Someone make sure to film this and put it on youtube for those of us who cant make the game.

HogNuttz

Quote from: Clockwork9 on November 20, 2006, 04:05:19 pm
For you guys talking about flying faster than the speed of light, it would reassure me to know you did NOT have degrees from the University of Arkansas.

Fine, in all fairness, we understand that McFadden may, someday, run faster than the speed of light. 

Do you feel better now?

98Hog

Quote from: Trottsky on November 20, 2006, 03:48:40 pm
F-22: Effective speed 1,800 mph. Saw one at the air show couple weeks ago. One cool machine.

A few years ago (pre-2001) a WWII-era F-4 Corsair did an unexpected flyover during National Anthem at Razorback War Memorial game, came in low and fast from the south end zone, and man! that was a thrilling moment.

That was the Boise St game in 1999 if I remember right, that flyover was very cool, especially if you are a history buff (which I am).

hogsfairweatherfan

1.  Stadium
2.  PA Announcer
3.  "Jumbotron"
4.  BathroomsTroughs
5.  Fly Over

I could go on and on.
6. Football Team

spudhog

flyover's are cool unless you are in the upper deck. caught the bad end of one against ole piss. scarred me and my bud to death. so nervous and could barely stand up for a while. til felix opened the game up and it was easy to stand up then. 

gumby013

My favorite flyovers are still the ones at Arrowhead.  B-2 low and silent...until it passes.

wooo

if two planes were flying in single file faster than the speed of light, then the second plane could use the light from the first plane to see and radio ahead and tell the front guy where he is going. (because he would obviously not be able to see because he would be going faster than his light)

whatsshakinbacon

Bacon scratches head...

Bacon out...

Cosby

yeah state's flyover had a real weak feel to it...it was like nobody cared.

BigArkyintheRock

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up! Can't wait!

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

wooo

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 20, 2006, 04:45:04 pm
Bacon scratches head...

Bacon out...

that is really elementary physics there-I can't believe you are confused

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: wooo on November 20, 2006, 04:49:10 pm
Bacon scratches head...

Bacon out...

(X-3.14y)+i2/17y(t+r)-[u/(q-14.44)+7p]

Sorry - I got it now.

Bacon out...

wooo

HogNuttz

Bacon scratches head...

Bacon out...

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 20, 2006, 04:52:21 pm
Quote from: wooo on November 20, 2006, 04:49:10 pm
Bacon scratches head...

Bacon out...

(X-3.14y)+i2/17y(t+r)-[u/(q-14.44)+7p]

Sorry - I got it now.

Bacon out...

Fried Bacon?