Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Darksider" Challenge

Started by dana caldwell, November 06, 2006, 12:43:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dana caldwell

OK, almost everyone on this board knows what everyone else believes and no minds are going to change this week.

might i suggest to my fellow "darksiders" that we do the following:
1) try and focus on the game this week (mcfadden's status, ainge?, gameday stuff, history vs. tennessee, fulmer is fat, etc.) and dodge the speculation that many of us have been addressing.
2) spend maybe a lil more time away from the board (i'm going that route) this week.
3) try not to bash nutt too hard during the pregame tailgate.
4) not tote "fire nutt" signs near the gameday set.

and for the so-called "huggers," how about u do similar things?

we disagree greatly on all but one thing: we LOVE those HOGS!

soon as the game's over, everything goes, beginning at the postgame tailgate and continuing onto dickson street! hopefully, we won't have to do too much nutt bashing and we'll be celebrating a crucial win!

GHG!

dotnet

Wow, I like your post.  I never thought it would happen, but I am impressed. Good stuff... I'm in.

bill_bakerDW

Well said.  For now, lets just focus on winning.  We can put differences aside and root for the Hogs to go the SECCG.

pokerhog

Good post. We are all Razorback fans. GHG!

mckinneyhog

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 06, 2006, 12:43:59 pm
OK, almost everyone on this board knows what everyone else believes and no minds are going to change this week.

1) try and focus on the game this week (mcfadden's status, ainge?, gameday stuff, history vs. tennessee, fulmer is fat, etc.) and dodge the speculation that many of us have been addressing.
2) spend maybe a lil more time away from the board (i'm going that route) this week.

soon as the game's over, everything goes, beginning at the postgame tailgate and continuing onto dickson street! hopefully, we won't have to do too much nutt bashing and we'll be celebrating a crucial win!

GHG!

Makes sense, I am in. 

Conway Cool Daddy

Isn't life so much nicer at 8-1?
This should be one heck of a week to be a Hog fan (regardless of how you feel about HDN.)

Go hogs!

onehogfan

i sir accept the olive branch that you have extended. i further commend you for your gesture and hope that others will follow suit.

Our team needs us all behind them and rooting for whoever is on the field.

GHG and WPS

what a GREAT time to be a hogfan..

Sonofahog

I am a darksider that tries to do exactly what your post says at all times.   I have no problem continuing that!!

Go Hogs!!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

pigture perfect

dana, you get my vote for post of the day. thanx. roger/wilco/out
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OKhogfan1959

This is a great post!! I think I'll just enjoy the season and have some serious fun!! Thanks Dana..

B Ray

Darksider here, I can agree we all are happy about the 8-1, and  the other problem will cure itself one way or another after the season is over , nothing will be done before,

Since 1894

GHG!

This may be one of the first times that I agee with all of your post.

Go Hogs
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Richard_white

I hate the term darksider.  I do not hate Dale but would gladly help buy out his contract to leave Arkansas.  What I don't unserstand is having anti-nutt signs for gameday.  We are fans that love the Hogs and we have to remember that the Razorbacks are above any coach, including Dale. 

We don't get this opportunity much, so let's put on our hog hats on and cheer like hell for our team because we LOVE OUR HOGS!

DoubleJ

I'm in, but we should break it into sections....I'll take the Fulmer is fat part.

Hogforlife

Great Post, I'm with ya, GO HOGS GO. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

pigskinbyproduct

I'm in. Just read my signature line statement. It sums it up for me. WPS-GHG!

hogsNbeer

I haven't been on much lately myself....... We are winning and I am happy about that........  and I hope we can continue....... and I agree, nobody wants NUTT gone as much as I DO.....but we dont' need those types signs at Gameday......  Peace OUT.....     

dana caldwell

Quote from: DoubleJ on November 06, 2006, 12:56:52 pm
I'm in, but we should break it into sections....I'll take the Fulmer is fat part.

good one!

i'll take the "damn, i still have to write seven stories before flying out on friday morning" part!

NMHOGG

I'm in and more so if I can get flights worked out I'm flying in from NM.  WPS

dana caldwell

Quote from: NMHOGG on November 06, 2006, 01:11:45 pm
I'm in and more so if I can get flights worked out I'm flying in from NM.  WPS

good luck with that. hell, u could probably glide in from sandia crest!

pigfeet

hogchic2001

You go Dana!  Great post!  That is a great idea.
Go HOGS Go!

Hong Kong Sooey

November 06, 2006, 01:25:08 pm #23 Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:09:44 pm by Hong Kong Sooey
I'll play...even if the Huggers call me out.  I'll back off Nutt for the remainder of the week...until after the game anyway.

Let's see what the board would look like with Houston gone.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 06, 2006, 01:25:08 pm
I'll play...even if the Huggers call me out.  I'll back off Nutt for the remainder of the week...until after the game anyway.

attaboy! deal ends about 9:15 p.m., CST!

David Brent

GHG!

Great post, Dana.  You are absolutely right, everyone is pretty much decided on where they stand on the "issues" and all the arguing that has gone on around here really hasn't changed many opinions.

We need to enjoy this week.  Usually we're on the outside looking in when these types of games are played.  After all we've been through over the past several years, we deserve this.  Let's enjoy it together. I'm not trying to get too sappy here, but most of these arguments will be forgotten over time and memories like this week (provided we win of course!) are what we'll look back on and tell our kids about.  Not how we spent the week defending or bashing the head coach.

I appreciate the debating that goes on around here, but this week it just doesn't seem as important.  This game goes beyond this year, we have the chance to make a major statement on the national scene.  Not only that, but Tennessee has always been a thorn in our ass and we need to get that monkey off our back!

Go Hogs!

Hawgballz

Wow, a hogville group hug.  I am in, Dana, good job.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

kitshicker

Dang Dana....Ever thought of becoming a political mediator(sp)?
Your bringing Huggers & Darksiders together. You could do wonders in the Middle East. :)

deucea729

Post of the year, Dana.  Deep down I'm giving you a +1.   ;D

This feels like the biggest week in Hog history to date - we might as well all be unified to push them over the top!   

:razorback:

Chief Mac

No more Nutt bashing....for now.    ;D

WPS    :razorback:

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

cardinalhawg

GHG!

Decent post.  There are some darksiders on the board right know that cannot look at things from an open-minded perspective, and I often label you as being part of that group.  Even a number of posters who are called huggers, would accept a coaching change if this season had not went well, or would even be okay with Nutt leaving after the end of the season.  Personally, I think he has earned the right to be here next season, if he chooses to be here.

The problem I have with some of the darksiders is that they never say anything other than the same Anti-Nutt, pro-Malzahn, pro-Mustain spin.  They basically try to divisive in their comments supporting Malzahn and bashing Nutt to the point that they fail to look at things from an open-minded perspective.  I support all of them.  There are times during games, when I get upset and think that it would be cool to be some kind of maverick AD coming down out of the stands to take over the team, while opening up the passing game and being more aggressive.  However, after the game, it is easier to look at the big picture and be more rational, and not just view the game from a fan's perspective.

If a devout darksider could say some positive things about Nutt other than just having Malzahn along, or if they could be open to more criticism about Malzahn and Mustain, then I think they could be taken more seriously.  The love fest for Malzahn and Mustain results in some looking for the negative in Casey Dick.  Those posters cannot evaluate things without strong bias.

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.   I am not talking about being negative in general, but some people just post the darksider talking points over and over. 

David Brent

Not this week cardinalhawg, we're all on the same page this week!  Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Chief Mac

Quote from: cardinalhawg on November 06, 2006, 01:37:06 pm

GHG!

Decent post.  There are some darksiders on the board right know that cannot look at things from an open-minded perspective, and I often label you as being part of that group.  Even a number of posters who are called huggers, would accept a coaching change if this season had not went well, or would even be okay with Nutt leaving after the end of the season.  Personally, I think he has earned the right to be here next season, if he chooses to be here.

The problem I have with some of the darksiders is that they never say anything other than the same Anti-Nutt, pro-Malzahn, pro-Mustain spin.  They basically try to divisive in their comments supporting Malzahn and bashing Nutt to the point that they fail to look at things from an open-minded perspective.  I support all of them.  There are times during games, when I get upset and think that it would be cool to be some kind of maverick AD coming down out of the stands to take over the team, while opening up the passing game and being more aggressive.  However, after the game, it is easier to look at the big picture and be more rational, and not just view the game from a fan's perspective.

If a devout darksider could say some positive things about Nutt other than just having Malzahn along, or if they could be open to more criticism about Malzahn and Mustain, then I think they could be taken more seriously.  The love fest for Malzahn and Mustain results in some looking for the negative in Casey Dick.  Those posters cannot evaluate things without strong bias.

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.   I am not talking about being negative in general, but some people just post the darksider talking points over and over. 

I think that the same can be said on the flip side.  Too many huggers view Nutt as THE PROGRAM.  If they would look at some of the anti-Nutt post from the perspective of we love the Razorbacks and want nothing but the best for the Hogs, there would be less pissing contest on the board.

BUT I said that I wouldn't bash Nutt this week and I am a man of my word.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

mckinneyhog

GHG!

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.   I am not talking about being negative in general, but some people just post the darksider talking points over and over. 

Are you in the second grade?  Sounds like you can't push yourself to stop the bashing for a week because your mommy told you not too.  Dude, either your in or out.  Huggers make valid points, and Darksiders make valid points. 

BloodRedHog

OK, someone stole Dana's laptop and posted in his name...was that you, Porkula?

;D ;D  j/k

I'm in...no Nutt bashing until 00:00 on the game clock...

And I want a piece of the Phat Phil deal...I hate the guy...

And let's not derail this thread into a argument over this olive branch...

although a Darksider was the one to do it...not a short-sighted hugger...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

razorpimp

Nutt is horrible....there I got it out of my system......

kgr

I am going to respond point by point, if I make someone mad, I apologize in advance:

Decent post.  Great post, an olive branch extended and it appears to be used against the one posting.

I'm glad you said SOME darksiders are closed-minded.  However, when I look at what happens on the field, I see much room for improvement and I don't believe the current head coach is going to be able to make those improvements.  (Please tell me why HDN's rah, rah is a great positive thing for the kids even when we are losing and then when Stan Heath loses, he is called to task for not crawling somone's butt.)

The problem I have with some of the darksiders is that they never say anything other than the same Anti-Nutt spin.  The reason is HDN has not changed, so the comments don't change either. 

If a devout darksider could say some positive things about Nutt other than just having Malzahn along, or if they could be open to more criticism about Malzahn and Mustain, then I think they could be taken more seriously.     How can I criticize Gus M.  His offense hasn't been fully seen.  When it is run as intended and does not work, then you will see the critical analysis.

The love fest for Malzahn and Mustain results in some looking for the negative in Casey Dick.  I guess I don't spend enough time here; but, I haven't seen Casey Dicks's name taken in vain very often.

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.  I am glad we are 8-1, but can you not open your mind and admit that HDN was not responsible for the puff of wind at Nashville, the Alabama kicker's melt-down, and (well maby he is responsible for this) an extra cream-puff game to go with the ones already on the schedule.

Sorry for my rant.

Hog Fan from Camden

Sounds like a plan!  I'll try it!

HOG RED UMP

a big +1 to Dana for the olive branch....way to man up brotha
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Reaganite

I'm in too.  It's not right that we take our energies away from bashing Tennessee this week.

How often do we get a chance to make Fat Phil and in-bred hick jokes in a week like this?

I stand here now, swearing off the Nutt bashing (for now), and looking forward to Device High's next parody (Hopefully it involves a donut flying into Fulmer's picture).

Go Hogs!

Tennessee's gonna need a Rocky Plot when Saturday night's over!

raiseherback

Let's get ready to rumble.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  WPS
I am easily satisfied with the very best! 
- Winston Churchill

PIGskin Pride

I don't know about all of this behaving stuff.  I do know one thing, I would love a blow up of B Ray's avatar...  (Unless its your daughter or something) :)

But then why would someone have a picture of their daughter like that anyways... lol...

I will halt my darksider rhetoric for exactly 5 days 6 hours and 45 minutes...  After the game

Peace,
PIGskin Pride

cardinalhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog on November 06, 2006, 01:45:55 pm

GHG!

Are you in the second grade?  Sounds like you can't push yourself to stop the bashing for a week because your mommy told you not too.  Dude, either your in or out.  Huggers make valid points, and Darksiders make valid points. 

When I am critical, I try to fair in doing so, and not show favoritism towards Nutt or Malzahn.  I often notice that your posts are biased towards Malzahn and against Nutt, and you have that right, but sometimes it gets out of hand with the conspiracy theory stuff.   There is no need for the, "Are you in second grade" stuff.  I agree that huggers and darksiders both make valid points, but some posters are obvious.  If we were 0-9 right now, and there were posters on here spinning every thing in favor of Nutt, then I would question their credibility, as well.

I have no problem with being civil about posting.  It is a shame that such a plea has to be made towards posters anyway, because ideally we could discuss the pros and cons of Razorback football without getting out of hand or being too biased in our observations.

raiseherback

Agree.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I am easily satisfied with the very best! 
- Winston Churchill

Tusks

Dana extended that olive branch brutha!!

I'm with you this week.  I said months ago....this thing with me and HDN is a week by week decision.  This week I'm in.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

scarolinahog

I am not doing it I will contnue to bash. Nice try.

-the rebellion
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

mckinneyhog

Quote from: cardinalhawg on November 06, 2006, 02:20:27 pm

GHG!

When I am critical, I try to fair in doing so, and not show favoritism towards Nutt or Malzahn.  I often notice that your posts are biased towards Malzahn and against Nutt, and you have that right, but sometimes it gets out of hand with the conspiracy theory stuff.   There is no need for the, "Are you in second grade" stuff.  I agree that huggers and darksiders both make valid points, but some posters are obvious.  If we were 0-9 right now, and there were posters on here spinning every thing in favor of Nutt, then I would question their credibility, as well.

I have no problem with being civil about posting.  It is a shame that such a plea has to be made towards posters anyway, because ideally we could discuss the pros and cons of Razorback football without getting out of hand or being too biased in our observations.

Did you have fun as a child?  Maybe this is away for us grown-ups to have fun also.  Everybody has their own opinion.  Am I right on my opinions?  Who knows.  Its human nature for anybody to have his or her own opinions on any subject matter, and it doesn't make us right or wrong.  I post on this board because I like reading about everybodys thoughts on a selected thread, some I agree, and some I don't.  I believe my point to you earlier was have fun this week and cheer on the hogs.  If I said it in a disrespectful way, I apologize. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: cardinalhawg on November 06, 2006, 02:20:27 pm

GHG!

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.   I am not talking about being negative in general, but some people just post the darksider talking points over and over. 

When I am critical, I try to fair in doing so, and not show favoritism towards Nutt or Malzahn.  I often notice that your posts are biased towards Malzahn and against Nutt, and you have that right, but sometimes it gets out of hand with the conspiracy theory stuff.   There is no need for the, "Are you in second grade" stuff.  I agree that huggers and darksiders both make valid points, but some posters are obvious.  If we were 0-9 right now, and there were posters on here spinning every thing in favor of Nutt, then I would question their credibility, as well.

LOL...unbelievable.

Not one time did he mention getting out of hand.  He talked about how we weren't going to change each others mind.  So, lets take a break.  I have been taking a break and just recently gotten back into the discussions about HDN.  However, I am willing to go back to the kinder, gentler uglyuncle.

However, if you are not willing to let it go...you and I can debate all you want.  I will do my best to show you the error of your ways.  But I would rather follow Dana's advice.  Your choice.
Retired Radio Host

Landonhog

MAN, I HATE TENNESSEE!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

This is the chance most of us never dreamed we'd have this year!  GHG!  WPS!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I'm leaving OKC on Thursday, and I don't know how I'm gonna make it until then!  This is gonna be huge!

cardinalhawg

Quote from: kgr on November 06, 2006, 02:05:02 pm
I am going to respond point by point, if I make someone mad, I apologize in advance:

Decent post.  Great post, an olive branch extended and it appears to be used against the one posting.

I'm glad you said SOME darksiders are closed-minded.  However, when I look at what happens on the field, I see much room for improvement and I don't believe the current head coach is going to be able to make those improvements.  (Please tell me why HDN's rah, rah is a great positive thing for the kids even when we are losing and then when Stan Heath loses, he is called to task for not crawling somone's butt.)

The problem I have with some of the darksiders is that they never say anything other than the same Anti-Nutt spin.  The reason is HDN has not changed, so the comments don't change either. 

If a devout darksider could say some positive things about Nutt other than just having Malzahn along, or if they could be open to more criticism about Malzahn and Mustain, then I think they could be taken more seriously.     How can I criticize Gus M.  His offense hasn't been fully seen.  When it is run as intended and does not work, then you will see the critical analysis.

The love fest for Malzahn and Mustain results in some looking for the negative in Casey Dick.  I guess I don't spend enough time here; but, I haven't seen Casey Dicks's name taken in vain very often.

In the end a poster looks bad being so negative with the Hogs being 8-1.  I am glad we are 8-1, but can you not open your mind and admit that HDN was not responsible for the puff of wind at Nashville, the Alabama kicker's melt-down, and (well maby he is responsible for this) an extra cream-puff game to go with the ones already on the schedule.

Sorry for my rant.

Fair post.  I think that you just provided your opinions against Nutt in a rational manner.  I agree that we have been fortunate this season in some games.  This year the good fortune has went our way, whereas the last two seasons it hasn't.  Still, there is no doubt that this team is better and keeps building on its confidence week after week. 

I do not think that all anti-Nutt posters are close minded, and some offer good points, which is why I said some.

The Casey Dick comment is in reference to posts which are spun to favor one QB over the other.  Both QB's have made some passes, which could be defined as lucky, and both have made both good and bad passes.   Personally, I think that Dick doing better at QB for the moment, but Mustain has done good in games like Vandy, Auburn, and Ole Miss.  I actually think that his Ole Miss game was the best, even though he was limited to mostly throwing passes.

Not bashing here, just making some observations and comments.