Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation interview with Bo Mattingly and Steve Spurrier

Started by Lanny, November 03, 2006, 09:53:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Juicemeister

That's... it? That's what the other thread was started for?

Thanks for the link, Lanny.

Ross U (HDHF)

That seemed like a classic case of Spurrier being Spurrier.  I don't understand why all the whining.

WetSnout

Yeah, that's it.  The crew looked like they'd been slapped.  It was funny.  Lips quivering (quiverring?  quivvering?) -- you get the point.  God forbid Parcells ever coaches an opposing SEC team!  They'll need therapy.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: hSv on November 03, 2006, 09:53:17 am
click here

Special thanks to KARK TV Channel 4.
Thanks +1. That's it? He was being sarcastic because our defense held them to under 200 yards last year. SC didn't do much last year @ Fay.
Pittman or Bust!

Albert Einswine

Man,  talk about much ado about nothing.  Spurrier didn't kill anyone's dog in that interview.

Some folks are a little too sensitive.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SpareRib

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 03, 2006, 10:12:24 am
Man,  talk about much ado about nothing.  Spurrier didn't kill anyone's dog in that interview.

Some folks are a little too sensitive.

Yep - That's just Spurrier's brand of humor.  He's earned the right to be confident in himself.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

0311E5H

I can't believe people are getting their panties in a wad over that.  What did he do?  He didn't come off as rude to me, besides how much was taken out of context.  And for those hog fans that hate SS just answer one thing.....You have a choice HDN or SS, who would you take?

kitshicker

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

SPAL

thats nothign compared to the stuff he does and says about fat phil and UT....we should all be so lucky.

Hogeye_Pierce

I'm no Spurrier fan, but I have to agree. That was NOTHING.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

THROWITDEEP

Quote from: Nashville Fan on November 03, 2006, 10:09:12 am
Quote from: hSv on November 03, 2006, 09:53:17 am
click here

Special thanks to KARK TV Channel 4.
Thanks +1. That's it? He was being sarcastic because our defense held them to under 200 yards last year. SC didn't do much last year @ Fay.

except win

razorbackfan4life

musiccityhog

Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

HawgPilot

hawg23

"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

lawdog

That video was cut and spliced to show Spurrier in a poor light.  I've seen his press conferences for the past two years, and he jokes with the media that way.  Had they shown those clips in their entirety, I think it would have been apparent that he was not being a jerk.  He was beginning to grin after he asked the reporter if he was an Arkansas guy.  The tone of the whole report, namely the tone of the narrating reporter, shows poor intent on the part of the entire production. But, it's just a silly little local news segment.  Who cares?
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: lawdog on November 03, 2006, 05:28:18 pm
That video was cut and spliced to show Spurrier in a poor light.  I've seen his press conferences for the past two years, and he jokes with the media that way.  Had they shown those clips in their entirety, I think it would have been apparent that he was not being a jerk.  He was beginning to grin after he asked the reporter if he was an Arkansas guy.  The tone of the whole report, namely the tone of the narrating reporter, shows poor intent on the part of the entire production. But, it's just a silly little local news segment.  Who cares?

Lawdog, you are not biased are ya? J/K! I don't like Sunvisor boy at all but the interview wasn't as bad as I had imagined. He was obviously kidding around with the media and Bo took a little liberty with it, IMO.

He did get a little psych on Mitch though, questioning his ability to handle a passing game . . . making sure he got the "true freshman" comment in. That was good psy-ops. Go ahead Sunvisor boy, throw down that gauntlet. I bet Mitch will be happy to pick it up and slap ya right in the pie hole with it!

Go Hogs!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Bill CHILL

I'm glad he has to wear a hat that announces he's a Cock....as if we didn't already know. Hogs by 21.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

lawdog

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 03, 2006, 06:14:34 pm
He was obviously kidding around with the media and Bo took a little liberty with it, IMO.

Well put.

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 03, 2006, 06:14:34 pm
He did get a little psych on Mitch though, questioning his ability to handle a passing game . . . making sure he got the "true freshman" comment in. That was good psy-ops.

I really don't think that was really that much of a psych job by Spurrier.  He's said the same thing about our freshman QB all year.  He feels very strongly that a freshman QB can't take command of a passing game.  He's been very consistent on that well before this week.

But he did seem to throw a few little fun jabs. ;D
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

TMc