Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McNeese fires head coach. UCA Clint Conque on short list.

Started by HAWGTROT, October 04, 2006, 08:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HAWGTROT

Just a ted bit for all the UCA alumni that surfaced this week.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApoY9BxQNn4xPlz.Ak5bNGwcvrYF?slug=ap-mcneesecoach&prov=ap&type=lgns

Clint Conque is from southern LA. I think Clint's Dad coached at McNeese State. I don't know yet if there has been any contact from McNeese to UCA. All hear say and speculation at this time.
Heck, maybe they might give Frank a call ask to talk to Gus. :o

pioneerhog

What firing a coach in the middle of the season? I didn't think that could be done.  ;D

joshUCA

Even if he is on the short list, I think that Conque is happy here at UCA and has plans on building this program up and would not leave this early in the process...the thought of him leaving just makes me want to :puke:

pioneerhog

Quote from: joshUCA on October 04, 2006, 08:59:37 pm
Even if he is on the short list, I think that Conque is happy here at UCA and has plans on building this program up and would not leave this early in the process...the thought of him leaving just makes me want to :puke:
Money can make people do things you wouldn't think. I say if they throw the money out to him he will be gone.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hmmm Conway, AR or Lake Charles, LA.  I don't think money will be an issue, as in not enough money in the world could make me move down there.  I would also bet that UCA is better academically and with the way it is growing and it's commitment to D-1 status it is more than likely better athletically or will be very shortly.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razrken

I bet there is more money in Conway than Lake Charles....although Toledo Bend is about as stumpy as Lake Conway

PulledPork

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2006, 09:05:59 pm
Hmmm Conway, AR or Lake Charles, LA.  I don't think money will be an issue, as in not enough money in the world could make me move down there.  I would also bet that UCA is better academically and with the way it is growing and it's commitment to D-1 status it is more than likely better athletically or will be very shortly.
I thought McNeese St was in DeRidder?  That is where my S-I-L graduated from Registered Nurse school.  And I specifically remember not having to drive that far to attend when we met at their house in DeRidder.  I could be wrong, but still yet, Conway is a much nicer town.  And the disgruntled Hog fans are looking for a winning product right now...

Pulled out...®

SPAL

i dont think CC is goin anywhere....at least i hope not.

ThunderHog

Wrong on all accounts.  There is plenty of money in S.W. LA, the state is full of football talent, plus it is only about 2 hour drive to Houston....more football talent.  It will be hard for him to turn it down if offered.

hogfarm10

He took them to the D-1AA championship game in 2002 and now they fire him for NOT WINNING.  They are a D-1AA schoo and they fire coaches for not winning.  Frank get a clue.  You Fire Coaches For Not Being A Winner.  At least they get it but we dont.Sad Sad Sad indeed. 
Yes I do wear Razorback underwear so what!!!

pioneerhog

Quote from: hogfarm10 on October 04, 2006, 10:15:11 pm
He took them to the D-1AA championship game in 2002 and now they fire him for NOT WINNING.  They are a D-1AA schoo and they fire coaches for not winning.  Frank get a clue.  You Fire Coaches For Not Being A Winner.  At least they get it but we dont.Sad Sad Sad indeed. 
Yeah but we are just lil ole Arkansas, we can't compete with anyone. Don't you listen to Rick on DTS?  ;D

stronguard

Quote from: PorkOpine on October 04, 2006, 09:13:58 pm
Quote from: razrken on October 04, 2006, 09:08:53 pm
I bet there is more money in Conway than Lake Charles....although Toledo Bend is about as stumpy as Lake Conway

Don't make that bet.  During the 70's & 80's (oil/natural gas boom) there were more millionaires per ca-pita in Lake Charles than any other city in the country.

You mean like the one happening right now in Conway and areas north?  I am in the construction business all over central Arkansas.  Conway is STILL growing rapidly, as is UCA's fan and alumni base.  Lu Hardin is some kind of genius with the direction that he is taking UCA.  I would be really surprised if he let Conque go easily.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.