Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my apologies to my fellow hogvillians

Started by arkfanchip, September 28, 2006, 04:10:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkfanchip

just want to say sorry for a distasteful joke i shared pertaining to Tiffen, the bama kicker. It was an honest mistake for placing it here, i thought i was still in the Dickson street tavern and had mistakenly found my way to the MMQ when i posted the new topic. Although my cheap shoots were taken at this unfortunate fellow. my crack on him really pressed the envelope, yes even for the tavern it still wasn't appreciate.
I was notified rather quickly of a suspension from the site for 7 days. i was bummed. i happen to try to get on today only to find myself back in the IN-CROWD. not sure if i was supposed to be back this soon or not, but i do apologize to any and everyone who saw my crude remark

chip johnson

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  go hogs go  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BigSnout

well crap, i didn't see the joke

welcome back

jamie72921

Bless your heart

arkfanchip

i wouldn't offer it again, but some would find it rather funny. several would find it really offensive.

SwinedMelon

I must be on probabtion cuz all my posts either get moved to the tavern or deleted...
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Shoatening

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 28, 2006, 04:14:15 pm
i wouldn't offer it again, but some would find it rather funny. several would find it really offensive.

Pm it to me?

hogwild32

Quote from: russellclaude on September 28, 2006, 04:15:14 pm
I must be on probabtion cuz all my posts either get moved to the tavern or deleted...

It's the aliens!

jamie72921

Seems to be a trend today Russellclaude. I think you should start a thread about a poll that has been closed for a month now. Some of the mods will fight to make sure it stays on no matter what.
Bless your heart

hawgball

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SwinedMelon

SwinedMelon

Now, I have lost use of my signiture line... what in the world?

Doug

Chip, speaking as someone that lost a good friend with that very method you described, I was a bit hot under the collar for the very tasteless joke.  I removed two jokes, there's been about 8-9 of them.  Other mods have ditched those other ones, as well.  Thank you for your apology, it does take a real man to admit when he was wrong, and helps boost your visibility here a bit.

russellclaude, for the signature issue, search the help forum.  Been covered quite a few times already.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

proffitthog

oh well we all screw up from time to time.

proffitthog

Quote from: karma27 on September 28, 2006, 04:57:15 pm
i'm perfect   :P
I sorry Karma, you are perfect posting the pic's in the Tavern, some of my all time favorites.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Buff

Quote from: karma27 on September 28, 2006, 04:57:15 pm
i'm perfect   :P
no kidding

about the joke: i didnt see it, but i've laughed at some pretty insane stuff today anyway.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

razorhead69

Heck I am sorry for the next bad thing I do.

mikeb

mikeb

Broken Trigger

Call Sportsrap, and tell them you were banned for sticking up for their show and saying you support Houston, and that he is the greatest coach ever.   ;)

hogsta

I'm Ford Prefect, not that anyone will get the reference.

arkfanchip

Quote from: Douglas on September 28, 2006, 04:51:29 pm
Chip, speaking as someone that lost a good friend with that very method you described, I was a bit hot under the collar for the very tasteless joke.  I removed two jokes, there's been about 8-9 of them.  Other mods have ditched those other ones, as well.  Thank you for your apology, it does take a real man to admit when he was wrong, and helps boost your visibility here a bit.

rescaled, for the signature issue, search the help forum.  Been covered quite a few times already.

i am deeply sorry for any pain i caused for you or any other hogvillian. to those who have asked if the mods made me apologize or i used this apology to get back in the good graces of the powers that be, that is ridiculous. i don't kiss any ones arse. but if i make a mistake i will own up to it. i have been wrong on here before and admitted it. this was more than just being incorrect, it was down right disrespectful. i am not normally that way and for that i came with an apology to hogville not to the mod that banned me. i don't even know which one it was nor do i care. I am glad the mod banned me, it has brought me back down to reality. and i will not PM any one that joke.

redhothogfan

Red Hot 
adjective
definition:
1.glowing red with heat: heated to such a high temperature as to glow red
2.very hot: extremely hot
3.extremely popular: in great demand
4.exciting: very exciting
5.passionate: feeling or expressing intense enthusiasm, passion, or anger