Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU just got screwed!

Started by Hog Belly, September 16, 2006, 05:33:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Belly

No Vaseline, just a match and a little bit of gasoline.

WilsonHog

Yeah, the pass was tipped, but AFTER the Auburn DB had interfered with Early Doucette.

Horrible call. 

hogsanity

Good ole SEC refs, always wrong at the biggest time of the game
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

An old hog fanatic

Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Lanny

Defensive pass interference.  Home cooking changed that call
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hogsanity

By the logic of that call, you should be able to grab the WR, and as long as you get your hand on the ball, no penalty.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoggerdinger

Quote from: Hog Belly on September 16, 2006, 05:33:11 pm
No Vaseline, just a match and a little bit of gasoline.

That game was rigged.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: hogsanity on September 16, 2006, 05:34:43 pm
By the logic of that call, you should be able to grab the WR, and as long as you get your hand on the ball, no penalty.

I don't understand how they could overturn that call

I'm flabbergasted, and I've watched SEC officials botch plays for some years

Hawg_Heaven

Tubby must have paid the refs to change that one. That hardly ever happens.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 16, 2006, 05:37:37 pm

The receiver was grabbed by his cover man before the second cover man touched it.  You still don't know shitte.

And you dont know sarcasm.  That was exactly my point.  They ruled since the ball was tipped, no interference.  Even though it happened after contact.  Thats why i said whay i said.

go hogues

Auburn ALWAYS gets breaks, their strength of schedule, the calls..everything.  They are the SEC media darlings.  
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pragmatic PiG

The receiver was grabbed by his cover man before the second cover man touched it.  You still don't know shitte.

how's that not a penalty?

maniax22bolts20

I'd have Gored someone over that call.  Very mysterious call reversal. The right call of defensive pass interferance was made then waved off.

Good punt by Auburn and LSU has 1 last chance. 2 straight 1st downs. Russel just unbeleivably took a sack ! Now he grounds the ball to stop the clock. 35 seconds.... Eye of The Tiger plays....

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: go hogues on September 16, 2006, 05:41:48 pm
Auburn ALWAYS gets breaks, their strength of schedule, the calls..everything.  They are the SEC media darlings.  

Yeah,
How bout that break they got when they went undefeated and didn't get to play for a NC. ??? ;)

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 16, 2006, 05:44:24 pm
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on September 16, 2006, 05:41:57 pm

The receiver was grabbed by his cover man before the second cover man touched it.  You still don't know shitte.

how's that not a penalty?

IT IS!!!

ding, my bad

Jerry Swinefeld

Come on, LSU

Never said that before!

hogsanity

Why do you throw to the 5 when there is no more time?

WilsonHog

Uh, throw the ball in the end zone, maybe?

maniax22bolts20

Great catch for the LSU 1st down and he gets out of bounds about the AU 18 with 14 seconds left. No TO for LSU. 1 for AU. pass complete..... NOPE Illgal formation LSU 4 seconds to go. 2nd and 15 3 seconds left. why the purple hell did you not throw to the endzone ???????!!!!!!!?????
pass was caught at the 5 but Auburn made the stop there as time ran out..... Auburn 7 LSU 3.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2006, 05:49:02 pm
Uh, throw the ball in the end zone, maybe?

Yeah, and why didn't he throw it a way when he was scambling a minute ago. Just Stupid
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

AFWarrior83

yep, and it screwed my pick'ems!
Hogville member since 2005.

Dwight_K_Shrute

They also got screwed by the new clock rules.  If the old rules were in play for the last 2 minutes LSU doesn't run out of time and possibly wins.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mad hog

The only reason I can think of for not throwing into the endzone is there were probably 7 defensive players standing in the endzone. Odds are probably as good to catch it just outside the endzone and run it in as they were to complete it in the endzone. Not very high percentage either way.