Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake El Salto bass fishing

Started by razorbackfan4life, September 07, 2006, 01:54:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan4life

September 07, 2006, 01:54:23 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:54:50 am by razorbackfan4life
www.ronspeedadventures.com

If you're into bass fishing.....this is a must.  It's rather expensive but it's a trip you will never forget.  The rooms aren't that great, but the food is very good, and they serve you all the beer and margaritas you want.  I'm going back this Christmas for my second time.  It's going to be so fun!

Here's what I caught last year on average per day

2-3lbs - 40 fish
4-5lbs - 20
6-7lbs - 7
8-9lbs - 4

BTW....those fish fight harder than any bass you've ever caught in your life.
The biggest of our trip was 11lbs8oz.

My 9lb4oz bass.

razorbackfan4life

3 Months from today and I'll be there!

hogsrule44

Wish I could do something like that, it looks awesome.

razorbackfan4life

Yea, it's probably the most exciting thing I've ever done.  It's just so amazing how many fish you catch, and  every penny we spent on it was totally worth it.

razorbackfan4life

Oliverhogman

I noticed they had dove hunts for 115 per day.  How far is this place and did you drive or do you have a plane ticket price to get there?

razorbackfan4life

2 Weeks from today!!!!!!! I'm so excited to go back!

razorbackfan4life

Welp tomorrow morning I'm off to Lake El Salto!  Wish me luck boys and girls.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on December 25, 2006, 07:58:25 pm

Well?????  How'd you do?
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Snort and Squeal on January 07, 2007, 11:24:08 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on December 25, 2006, 07:58:25 pm

Well?????  How'd you do?

Unfortunately the weather hampered the fishing.  We still caught 60-80 bass a day, but the big ones werent there because of the lake level.  The lake was up 12 feet, so the guides had a hard time staying on schools of bait fish.  Our biggest fish of the trip was 10 lbs 4 oz.....which is huge, but this year didn't scratch the surface of how good last year was.  It was a great trip otherwise.  I'm thinking about going back in June because the lake levels will be a lot lower, and the fish will be easier to target.

Reaganite

So what does a trip like that cost in all?

I assume you fly out of Arkansas.

I've always wanted to go big bass fishing on one of those lakes.  Do they let you mount any monsters?

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Reaganite on March 10, 2007, 05:14:45 pm
So what does a trip like that cost in all?

I assume you fly out of Arkansas.

I've always wanted to go big bass fishing on one of those lakes.  Do they let you mount any monsters?

It's definitely worth going, but it's always important to call down and keep up with how the fishing is going.  It would be a shame to go down there and have a bad trip.  Continental is the airline you would take out of XNA.  Not including air fair or tips, the cost is about 1200-1400 bux per person.  If you go down there when the fishing is good....it will be a trip of a lifetime.  I dont think they let you mount the fish, but you can always take measurements and weigh the fish on your own, and later on get a replica made.

moses_007

Where is that lake?  In Mexico?  I went to Lake Guerro in Mexico once and had a ball...but the bass weren't anything as big as you caught.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2007, 05:18:54 pm
Where is that lake?  In Mexico?  I went to Lake Guerro in Mexico once and had a ball...but the bass weren't anything as big as you caught.

Just north of Mazatlan....

razorbackfan4life

Just thought I'd bump this thread..  I've discovered a lake that isn't as popular as El Salto or Commadero, but it's heading that direction.  www.lakebaccaraclodge.com  (Lake Baccarac) from what I've read is the best lake in Mexico right now.  The numbers and size of fish they are catching are unbelievable..  Hopefully I get the opportunity to go!!