Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas D1 talent pool total - 2006 class

Started by Sao Ming, August 30, 2006, 11:58:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sao Ming

Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share.

The 2006 recruiting class turned out a total of 375 players across all D-1 universities.

The breakdown

Here's the break down from Texas Football by classification:

5A - 235
4A - 83
3A - 34
2A - 12
1A - 1
Private - 10

I have long been a mouthpiece for small East Texas schools where talent is being overlooked, seemlingly that is.  Most schools I follow are 2-4A.  To put into perspective, Gilmer, TX (3A, pop. 4,800) will turn out 6 D-1 kids in the 2007 class alone...or 20% of the 2006 total.  That's outstanding.  I guess my point is that overlooking large schools is fool hardy, but so is overlooking the 'smalls'.

Anyway.  375 signees from Texas in 2006.  Not too shabby.  There are enough for the UofA to land for sure.

bigguy551122

that is amazing , i knew they produced but i didnt know it was that many. yeah the hogs should be getting alot of players outta texas with those numbers. interesting post sao ming. thanks
perfection is all i expect.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Sao Ming on August 30, 2006, 11:58:16 pm

The 2006 recruiting class turned out a total of 375 players across all D-1 universities.

The breakdown

5A - 235
4A - 83
3A - 34
2A - 12
1A - 1
Private - 10

I have long been a mouthpiece for small East Texas schools where talent is being overlooked, seemlingly that is.  Most schools I follow are 2-4A.  To put into perspective, Gilmer, TX (3A, pop. 4,800) will turn out 6 D-1 kids in the 2007 class alone...or 20% of the 2006 total.  That's outstanding.  I guess my point is that overlooking large schools is fool hardy, but so is overlooking the 'smalls'.

Anyway.  375 signees from Texas in 2006.  Not too shabby.  There are enough for the UofA to land for sure.

New Boston played Gilmer to a tie in a scrimmage last week..........Buddy of mine I work with says Ne Boston has a hell of a QB,who outplayed Kinne from Gilmer who is going to Baylor next year and is ranked as one of the top QB's in Texas..........

Sao Ming

New Boston is tough, and the drop down to 2A (can't remember when) will bode well for them.  I have spoken to fellow Buckeyes who were at the scrimmage and they all agreed NB can compete with Tatum and Daingerfield in terms of East Texas matchups if if comes to that.  If you are from NB, be proud of what you will see this year. 

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Sao Ming on August 31, 2006, 08:44:32 am
New Boston is tough, and the drop down to 2A (can't remember when) will bode well for them.  I have spoken to fellow Buckeyes who were at the scrimmage and they all agreed NB can compete with Tatum and Daingerfield in terms of East Texas matchups if if comes to that.  If you are from NB, be proud of what you will see this year. 

I'm not from NB Sao,I just work with a guy who is from NB.I pull for the Texarkana Razorbacks........Keep up the good post about NE Texas football,alot of prospects coming out of there lately.......

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Sao Ming on August 30, 2006, 11:58:16 pm

The breakdown

5A - 235
4A - 83
3A - 34
2A - 12
1A - 1
Private - 10

Great info, Sao.

Thanks  :razorback:

spe450

August 31, 2006, 10:18:17 am #6 Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:22:45 am by spe450
Quote from: Hawgzilla on August 31, 2006, 09:19:03 am
Quote from: Sao Ming on August 31, 2006, 08:44:32 am

I'm not from NB Sao,I just work with a guy who is from NB.I pull for the Texarkana Razorbacks........Keep up the good post about NE Texas football,alot of prospects coming out of there lately.......
Who's the guy from NB?  I graduated from there in 1998. 

hogfan17

The head coach at New Boston is Rick Barker who is a damn good football coach. NB will be disciplined and tough to beat this year

Adam Stokes

Thanks for the info, but how many do we have from Arkansas?

Sao Ming