Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many truly think....

Started by JJHog, July 21, 2006, 04:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

How many of you think that a recruit or his parents can be influenced one way or another by what is said on this or any message board?
" Think Right, Do Right"

hogsanity

Quote from: JJHog on July 21, 2006, 04:49:47 pm
How many of you think that a recruit or his parents can be influenced one way or another by what is said on this or any message board?

Well, Can be and are is very different.

I would think the odds are better now than 2 or 3 yrs ago that a recruit could be swayed by what he read on a message board.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

trufanofhogs

Well, some might be influenced, but I suspect most will really think most of us are just old farts with too much time on our hands. Sorry guys and gals, but that is more than likely how it is.

ClubChubby

I'll never buy it.
Houston Dale Nuutts' sideline antics are what kills recruiting.

TOM "tbw1"

I think this is a pretty broad spectrum of Razorback fans.  Any recruit that reads this board can see that 99.5% really love the helmet.   I also think that a recruit can see that most folks are not satisfied with the state of the program and want to return to the glory days of the 60s and 70s. 

I think that recruits who are looking to make a differnce can see that the members of the board are looking for him.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Bacon The Saddle Again

I don't think it would sway an in-state recruit who has always wanted to be a Razorback.  But an out of state kid...yeah, I could see that. I could see where a kid or his parents would come to a message board (not just Hogville, but any message board) and try to get a feel of what the FANS think of the program.  Remember, some the kids recruiting are pretty smart. They know when the coaches come into their house it's all a sales pitch.  The best read for how a program is coming along is the educated fans.  There isn't a better resource for getting a read on the fans than on these message boards because if they live out of state, the probably can't the local sports radio stations either.

Hognoxious

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on July 21, 2006, 05:43:39 pm
... an out of state kid...yeah, I could see that. I could see where a kid or his parents would come to a message board (not just Hogville, but any message board) and try to get a feel of what the FANS think of the program.  Remember, some the kids recruiting are pretty smart. They know when the coaches come into their house it's all a sales pitch.  The best read for how a program is coming along is the educated fans.  There isn't a better resource for getting a read on the fans than on these message boards because if they live out of state, the probably can't the local sports radio stations either.

Sounds reasonable.

Quote from: tbw1 on July 21, 2006, 05:37:32 pm
I think this is a pretty broad spectrum of Razorback fans.  Any recruit that reads this board can see that 99.5% really love the helmet....

He should.  Except 90% of the posts state repetitively how much they hate the coach.  How they only keep their tickets for this season in hopes that the staff will be fired and they can get behind the new coaching staff and somehow speak without constant hate.

Landonhog

Quote from: tbw1 on July 21, 2006, 05:37:32 pm
I think this is a pretty broad spectrum of Razorback fans.  Any recruit that reads this board can see that 99.5% really love the helmet.   I also think that a recruit can see that most folks are not satisfied with the state of the program and want to return to the glory days of the 60s and 70s. 

I think that recruits who are looking to make a differnce can see that the members of the board are looking for him.

Why would this be attractive to a recruit???  Sounds about as appealing as being recruited to Iraq....

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: trufanofhogs on July 21, 2006, 05:33:05 pm
Well, some might be influenced, but I suspect most will really think most of us are just old farts with too much time on our hands. Sorry guys and gals, but that is more than likely how it is.

I agree......You can look at any team's message boards and find a lot of negativity......most recruits make up their minds with visits and family influence...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?