Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TRG speaks with Little Rock CAC TE/DE David Williams

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 12, 2006, 09:27:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I talked briefly with David Williams this evening and here is what he had to say.

TRG:  David, how is the HN Camp going?

David:  Its going really well.  I have had a lot of fun.

TRG:  How did you measure out at the camp with your height, weight, and 40?

David:  I measured 6'3", 245lbs, and ran a 4.6.

TRG:  Tell me a little about how you did last year.

David:  My junior year was the first year I started catching the ball.  I had 51 catches for 688 yards with 8 TDs.  I made the All Junior Team for Offense and Defense.

TRG:  I hear you have 7 offers on the table right now.  Is that correct?

David:  Yes sir.  Arkansas, OK St, Kansas St, Miss St, Tulsa and Vanderbilt right now have offered me.

TRG:  Do you have a couple favorites right now or leaning a little bit more to any of them?

David:  Yes sir, I would have to say Arkansas is looking pretty good right now along with OK St and Kansas St.

TRG:  Who is recruiting you for Arkansas?

David:  Danny Nutt has been in contact with me almost every day.  He's a pretty nice guy.

TRG:  Do you have any idea where you are going to visit later on?

David:  No sir, not right now.  I am pretty much done with all that right now.  I am going to be getting back with my team and start working with them and concentrating on that.  I will take my favorites as I learn more about them and then decide where I want to visit later in the year.

TRG:  Do you plan on making any more camps?

David:  No sir, this will be my last one this summer.

I will be keeping in contact with David throughout his recruitment and will keep you guys updated.  We should also be getting some film on him in the near future.  I am looking forward to watching him this year and should be able to make some of his games.

Our sister site www.fearlessfriday.com was nice enough to give us a link from a KARK Channel 4 interview with David.  Thanks again.

David Williams interview with KARK Channel 4

The Coletrain

Good stuff, TRG.  Landing David Williams would be a beautiful thing!!  I think he's got a nice future ahead of him from all I've heard, read, and seen - on either side of the ball.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Brewerfan10

Man, the more I hear about this guy, the more I want him. I feel like he could be a huge weapon wherever he plays.

Hogstocking

The Coletrain

HawgsIllustrated currently has David as the featured article today, and Trey Biddy said, "it is getting ridiculous how good David Williams is on O and D," on HawgSports while commenting about day three of the Houston Nutt Camp.  That's good enough for me.   

IndiosHeadCoachGreenfro

orgkeith

He is one of the 3 best prospects in the state imo.

Hogstocking

From grit today.  http://wholehogsports.com/adg/157639/

"Williams said he plans to get with Bequette, Freeman and Monticello offensive lineman Seth Oxner and talk with them this week. Oxner also has orally committed to the Razorbacks."

"I want to see what made them make the decision to commit," Williams said. "Right now, I'm favoring Arkansas and Oklahoma State."

Hopefully Ox, Freeman and Bequette can get Williams to commit  :razorback:

HogKong

The Coletrain

Quote from: orgkeith on June 14, 2006, 06:32:06 am
He is one of the 3 best prospects in the state imo.

You called this many months ago, Keith.  I'd have to go back aways to find the thread, but I remember you talking about DJ back around or before the Feb. signing date.  Kudos, brother.

killamon

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on June 14, 2006, 06:52:40 am
From grit today.  http://wholehogsports.com/adg/157639/

"Williams said he plans to get with Bequette, Freeman and Monticello offensive lineman Seth Oxner and talk with them this week. Oxner also has orally committed to the Razorbacks."

“I want to see what made them make the decision to commit,” Williams said. “Right now, I’m favoring Arkansas and Oklahoma State.”

Hopefully Ox, Freeman and Bequette can get Williams to commit  :razorback:

that article just made me feel a whole lot better about landing Williams

orgkeith

June 14, 2006, 05:21:42 pm #12 Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:23:29 pm by orgkeith
Burns, Ziemba and Williams in no particular order.   Williams is as likely to play in the NFL as any in this class.    I have seen two players like him at his position in this state that I liked just as much, Keith Jackson Sr from LR Parkview and Steven Foley from LR Hall.  Foley has moved on the be a LB in the NFL at Cincinnati.