Broderick Green talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 08, 2006, 04:05:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Talked to Broderick this afternoon.

TRG: What's your status with USC?

Broderick: I'm committed to USC.

TRG: Will you still be making visits?

Broderick: Yes. I plan to visit Penn St. Ga. Tech and Tennessee this summer.

TRG: Still considering Arkansas?

Broderick: Yes.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Broderick: Danny Nutt. We talk every couple of days.

TRG: What do you talk about?

Broderick: Talks to me about the school and tells me how much he wants me up there.

TRG: How often do you talk to Coach Carroll?

Broderick: About the same. Every couple of days.

TRG: How did your friends react to Coach Carroll coming to PA?

Broderick: Everyone was excited. Some got autographs.

TRG: Will your brother Stephen Green have any influence in your decision?

Broderick: He definitely will influence my decision. He's at UCA right now and plans to be at Arkansas this fall.

TRG: Tell me your current size?

Broderick: Six foot one and a half and 230 pounds.

TRG: Bench and squat?

Broderick: 305 and 450.

TRG: Vertical?

Broderick: Not sure.

TRG: Laughing. Dunk a basketball?

Broderick: Yes I can.

TRG: That's what I'm talking about.

I say it's still a race for Broderick. I wish him the best.   

Hugehogsfan

Uphill could describe it but like they said in Dumb and Dumber "So you say there is still a chance"

Anything could happen.

Hogstocking

Great interview TRG (deja vu)

His brother coming here will certainly help our chances.   :razorback:

Swino

Jim Harris

I do wish you would ask these guys, "If you say you're committed to So-and-So, then why are you taking visits to this, that and the other? Do you understand what a commitment is, or what making a commitment means? Does your word mean anything, man?"
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

killamon

Quote from: Swino on June 08, 2006, 04:52:13 pm
We need more options at Safety too.

WTH do safeties have to do with this article????

ShellHog

Quote from: drakehog on June 08, 2006, 05:08:35 pm
I do wish you would ask these guys, "If you say you're committed to So-and-So, then why are you taking visits to this, that and the other? Do you understand what a commitment is, or what making a commitment means? Does your word mean anything, man?"

Dude, He's practically a Jr in High School.   You ask him all the questions you stated, that would be your LAST interview with him.

thahawg

Quote from: killamon on June 08, 2006, 05:16:22 pm

His brother Stephan Green who is transferring from UCA to the hill plays DB.

Landonhog

It's a joke....  DMAC=Almost a safety....   You know, like; ha ha ha ha....  Joke....

southeasthog

If TRG starts grilling these young men then the interviews will dry up.

silvertip

So, you're still mad at Ben & Damian for backing out of their FLA commits?

TulsaHogFan

Guys sorry if you didn't catch on, drake my friend was making fun of Rick Schaffer if I am not mistaken for his handling of the Mitch fiasco. 

I may have the person wrong but he is joking, and not serious. Sorry if you didn't catch it.

jabohog

TRG: Will your brother Stephen Green have any influence in your decision?
If Stephen comes to the UofA, that's WTH safeties have to do with it, got it?

bigred7987

how many ppl will ask the same question

IndiosHeadCoachGreenfro

Jim Harris

Quote from: ShellHog on June 08, 2006, 05:18:21 pm

Dude, He's practically a Jr in High School.   You ask him all the questions you stated, that would be your LAST interview with him.

Dude, I don't care. So, you're saying if you asked a legitimate question, whether he understands what a commitment is, he would shut you out of any interviews? Fine.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: silvertip on June 08, 2006, 07:20:06 pm

One, I'm not sure why you would assume from my post that I'm mad about anything. I don't care where Broderick Green goes to school. As for the two Springdale players I would ask them the same thing after they backed out of the commitments, and I'm sure someone asked Damian that, and as usual Damian was upfront and said he changed his mind. That's fine. There is nothing at all wrong with changing your mind. There does seem to be something inherently wrong with saying you have committed somewhere but that you're going to take a few more visits. Obviously you (the player, not you personally) don't comprehend what the word commitment means.
FWIW, Damian told everyone after he committed to Florida in the summer that he was solid, and he continued to be, but obviously things changed in December and January. Things do change. I understand that too. I understand making a commitment in June, and then something  being totally different about the school, the coach, your own personal situation, the next February.
What I don't understand is saying you're commiting somewhere, but that you're going to look at four other schools. Then, to me, you're really not committed, or you don't know what the word means, or your own word isn't worth much. And, frankly, with most of these over-publicized high school athletes these days, their word often isn't much.

southeasthog

Quote from: drakehog on June 09, 2006, 11:36:44 am

One, I'm not sure why you would assume from my post that I'm mad about anything. I don't care where Broderick Green goes to school. As for the two Springdale players I would ask them the same thing after they backed out of the commitments, and I'm sure someone asked Damian that, and as usual Damian was upfront and said he changed his mind. That's fine. There is nothing at all wrong with changing your mind. There does seem to be something inherently wrong with saying you have committed somewhere but that you're going to take a few more visits. Obviously you (the player, not you personally) don't comprehend what the word commitment means.
FWIW, Damian told everyone after he committed to Florida in the summer that he was solid, and he continued to be, but obviously things changed in December and January. Things do change. I understand that too. I understand making a commitment in June, and then something  being totally different about the school, the coach, your own personal situation, the next February.
What I don't understand is saying you're commiting somewhere, but that you're going to look at four other schools. Then, to me, you're really not committed, or you don't know what the word means, or your own word isn't worth much. And, frankly, with most of these over-publicized high school athletes these days, their word often isn't much.
I agree with you on commitments. Verbal commitments are a joke. I still think back to Cedric Houston. Three different times he said "I'm commited to Arkansas" then signs with Tenn. But if TRG starts asking those kind of questions, then I think the players won't be making theirselves available for interviews as readily as they are now. jmho

SigPig

Isn't this a thread about Broderick Green and his recruitment? I got lost in the arguments over verbal commitments and if they are or aren't jokes- whatever. Anyway, to comment on Mr. Green- I find it a little discouraging that Danny Nutt is the guy recruiting Green for us while the Head Coach Pete Carroll is doing the main recruiting for USC. Seems like HDN should have more to do with this kid.  Is there a rule on how many people or times a head coach, or any coach for that matter, can contact a recruit? It also seems like any time TRG asks who is recruiting a player, that player always names an assistant- I never hear HDN name. I have certaintly not read every thread TRG has posted so I could be terribly mistaken (and if I am I'm sure someone on here will point it out).  Hopefully his brother will get him here b/c it seems like that is the only advantage we can lean on right now.

Jim Harris

Quote from: southeasthog on June 09, 2006, 01:45:02 pm
Quote from: drakehog on June 09, 2006, 11:36:44 am

I agree with you on commitments. Verbal commitments are a joke. I still think back to Cedric Houston. Three different times he said "I'm commited to Arkansas" then signs with Tenn. But if TRG starts asking those kind of questions, then I think the players won't be making theirselves available for interviews as readily as they are now. jmho

I notice now that on the radio Broderick Green has said he's a "strong lean" to USC. I wonder how Pete Carroll thinks about it actually being a "strong lean" as opposed to being committed. Maybe somebody has said to Broderick, "sounds like you're more of a strong lean to Southern Cal, rather than completely committed to them."

Hawgballz

Quote from: SigPig on June 09, 2006, 02:45:09 pm
Isn't this a thread about Broderick Green and his recruitment? I got lost in the arguments over verbal commitments and if they are or aren't jokes- whatever. Anyway, to comment on Mr. Green- I find it a little discouraging that Danny Nutt is the guy recruiting Green for us while the Head Coach Pete Carroll is doing the main recruiting for USC. Seems like HDN should have more to do with this kid.  Is there a rule on how many people or times a head coach, or any coach for that matter, can contact a recruit? It also seems like any time TRG asks who is recruiting a player, that player always names an assistant- I never hear HDN name. I have certaintly not read every thread TRG has posted so I could be terribly mistaken (and if I am I'm sure someone on here will point it out).  Hopefully his brother will get him here b/c it seems like that is the only advantage we can lean on right now.

Just like Pete Carroll, HDN & Coach Gus have visited with BG during his spring practices.  Maybe someone closer to his situation could provide more info.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hog caller

well lets see here. these boys are what 16 poushing 17 and their word is supposed to be rock solid.

they still haven't learned to say s.....t very well yet.