Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro TE/ OLM Grant Cook talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 07, 2006, 01:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Grant is 6'6 305 pounds with 5.1 speed in the 40. Talked to Grant today.

TRG: Tell me your bench and squat?

Grant: My bench is 305 and squat is 505.

TRG: How bout your vertical?

Grant: It's 26 or 27 inches.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Grant: I have four right now. Missouri, Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Arkansas St. Miss. State is soon to offer.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Grant: Officially they offered this spring. Coach Danny Nutt told me last summer that they would offer. He watch me play basketball.

TRG: Have you taken any unofficial visits?

Grant: Yes, Oklahoma State. I really liked it. Their going in the right direction. They got a 250 million dollar donation and their renovating their stadium and really building up their facilities. I really like the coaches.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for OSU?

Grant: Coach Meacham and Coach Wickline.

TRG: How often do you talk to them?

Grant: They text message me and I'll talk to them about once a week.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Grant: Coach Danny Nutt.

TRG: How often do you talk to him?

Grant: At least two times a week. He'll text me and I'll call him.

TRG: Plan to make to any camps?

Grant: I was at the Ole Miss camp last weekend. I plan to attend Tennessee, Georgia and Miss. State's camps. On my way back from Georgia I plan to check out Auburn and Alabama.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Grant: I want to make sure I make the right decision. I'll take all my five visits.

Grant is good to go as far as academics with a 17 or 18 on his ACT and has a GPA of 3.6. He's going to continue to work on his ACT. He definitely has the athletic ability that D-1 schools are looking for in a OLM. He's a very sharp young man and will explore all his options. I plan to stay in touch with Grant during his recruiting process.

We should have video soon.

Hugehogsfan

On this texting issue.  The coaches can text them at any time correct?  Some how the NCAA will put an end to that when they catch on. 

I hope we get this young man, seems like him LZ, PH, and the ones we have already are cruical to it being a successful arkansas recruiting year. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on June 07, 2006, 02:20:07 pm
On this texting issue.  The coaches can text them at any time correct?  Some how the NCAA will put an end to that when they catch on. 

I hope we get this young man, seems like him LZ, PH, and the ones we have already are cruical to it being a successful arkansas recruiting year. 

I look for the NCAA to address the texting.

You're right. Grant is the type lineman that you want to keep in state.  Like I said he's a very sharp young man and will make the best decision for himself.

thahawg

So do we even get a visit?

"Grant: I was at the Ole Miss camp last weekend. I plan to attend Tennessee, Georgia and Miss. State's camps. On my way back from Georgia I plan to check out Auburn and Alabama."

Smithian

Wow. I saw texting on Outside the Lines a few days ago and coaches can text unlimited times and ask for them to call and stuff. More elite prospects can get like 20-30 minimum from coaches in a day.

hog caller

come on Grant we have a red helmet waiting on you man.has a hog on it though.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: Smithian on June 07, 2006, 04:08:47 pm
Wow. I saw texting on Outside the Lines a few days ago and coaches can text unlimited times and ask for them to call and stuff. More elite prospects can get like 20-30 minimum from coaches in a day.

Yeah I saw that too. Text messaging is unlimited.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: thahawg on June 07, 2006, 04:08:15 pm
So do we even get a visit?

"Grant: I was at the Ole Miss camp last weekend. I plan to attend Tennessee, Georgia and Miss. State's camps. On my way back from Georgia I plan to check out Auburn and Alabama."

Grant has been to 5 or 6 games. He has a relative that will be attending Law school on the Hill. He'll probably do a unofficial visit this summer while visiting the family member. He wants to use the five visits to places he hasn't seen.

thahawg

Thanks for putting up with the ignorance TRG.