Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Henry talks about his committment to Ole Miss

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 03, 2006, 09:04:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 03, 2006, 09:04:46 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:58:54 pm by The Recruiting Guy
I was able to catch up with Coach Henry as he and Paul were on the road heading back from the Ole Miss camp. We had a very short conversation.

TRG: Congratulations on your commitment to Ole Miss.

Paul: Thanks. I'm real excited. It was a real good place. I really liked Coach Orgeron, Coach Freeze and Coach Keyo.

TRG: Do you plan to go to any more camps or take any visits?

Paul: Not for sure.

TRG: Who did you committ to and when?

Paul: I committed to Coach Orgeron, Coach Freeze and Coach Keyo at 4 today.

Couple of notes: Coach Kehoe is the OL coach for the Rebs. He came from Miami.

Paul is Ole Miss's 14th commitment and their expecting to get numbers 15, 16 and 17 soon. This from someone very close to the program.

My gut feeling is that the recruiting process for Paul isn't over.

Lanny

Congrats for Paul on his div 1 offer and acceptance.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

3kgthog

I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh when anyone commits to Ole Miss and that caveman Orgeron. It's only a matter of time before that guy assaults a co-ed, pulls a knife on one of his players, and drinks himself into debt at the local strip club.

Hugehogsfan

that is the kind of follow up that we are coming to expect from you TRG.  I mean that was quick.  I just hope that he did it because they pressured him or something.  We need OL Mr. Henry and you want to play for Gus and block for Mitch.  Come on down. 

forrest city joe

This is a big loss no matter how you spin it. i hope he changes his mind. you cant keep losing players in the heart of razorback country.

Swino

Orgeron is a killer recruiter.  Ole Miss will no longer be a gimme win with him at the helm.

forrest city joe

I agree. the days of counting ole miss and SC as wins are over. we either are going to start to recruite better or those schools will pass us too.

The Coletrain

Quote from: Swino on June 04, 2006, 09:53:46 am
Orgeron is a killer recruiter.  Ole Miss will no longer be a gimme win with him at the helm.

Agreed, Swino.  He's doing some good things down there in a very short amount of time.  If he can coach as well as he can recruit the SEC West just got a lot tougher.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Smithian

I had to check... But it is Art KEHOE not Keyo. had to check my book "'Cane Mutiny". but it is Kehoe.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 04, 2006, 09:42:49 am
                     This is a big loss no matter how you spin it. i hope he changes his mind. you cant keep losing players in the heart of razorback country.

is he gonna qualify, joe?
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

forrest city joe

Quote from: JoeBobHog on June 04, 2006, 11:13:48 am
Quote from: forrest city joe on June 04, 2006, 09:42:49 am

is he gonna qualify, joe?
i have no idea. but if he does, and he goes out of state, that's a big loss. you cant lose the top players in your own state. it's that simple.

orgkeith

Good grades and has already passed the ACT.  This kid has alot of upside but Cook and Ziemba are better OT prospects at the moment and will play earlier IMO.  I still don't get Ole Miss though.  Is he originally from Mississippi?

hogue4ever

I don't understand the thinking of this kid.  Ole Miss over Arkansas....

The Coletrain

Like I said in the other thread, I'm hoping his commitment is somehow related to the fact he thinks Ziemba will be a Hog.  That would be the best that could come out of this.  I'd love to get both Henry and Zimba, but I think Z's got to be the priority.  If we can get Ziemba, Cook, Oxner, and Freeman from in-state (and maybe one of Borkins, Grayson, or Hankins), then that's a pretty good group before we even try and go out of state to land an OL. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

forrest city joe

We need to keep all the top linemen in this state. this is a very good year that may not come around again for years to come. if these kids can play in the sec,we need all of them staying home. it,s not a matter of picking oneover the other. henry is a must have in my opinion.

mtownhog

i talked to someone yesterday who went to the ole miss Ol/DL camp. he said that Coach O is an absolute nutcase, but for some reason you can't help but like the guy. i dunno

Swino

Quote from: orgkeith on June 04, 2006, 01:12:46 pm
Good grades and has already passed the ACT.  This kid has alot of upside but Cook and Ziemba are better OT prospects at the moment and will play earlier IMO.  I still don't get Ole Miss though.  Is he originally from Mississippi?

Coach O is an animal and now that he has new respecible assistant coaches... we are in trouble.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 04, 2006, 10:07:14 amwe either are going to start to recruite better or those schools will pass us too.

I think SC may have already done so.

Swino

What is terrible is now that Paul has committed to Ole Miss, Grit and his board are running the kid down.  I know that is SOP over there, but the kid is free to make the choice he believes is best for him.  Don't go making up lies over the kids grades and saying that his scholarship should be yanked. 

Same thing happened with Broderick Greene.

Thanks for being dependable AND truthful TRG.

stan the man

The_Bionic_Pig

ON a side note Signing day is still over 7 months away, the fat B!#@ may be humming but she ain't singing yet  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

blueshog2001

Pinalto, Henry, and Green could all still change their minds. Especially after seeing what Gus does this season!!!! :D

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: hogue4ever on June 04, 2006, 01:45:33 pm

Why don't you understand this?  I'm not trying to be confrontational, just wondering why you're surprised by this.  Arkansas hasn't been that much better, if any, than Ole Miss in recent years.  

Ole Miss has done 2 things that Nutt has never accomplished since being at Arkansas. OUTRIGHT SEC West championship.  10 win season.  Just something to think about when asking why Ole Miss over Arkansas for Henry.  Albeit both accomplishments came under David Cutcliffe, not Ed Orgeron.

Swino

Also, Coach O is putting together one hell of a team over there... talent at every position. 

And don't forget their new OL coach.

JackJohnson

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on June 06, 2006, 09:06:16 am

Why don't you understand this?  I'm not trying to be confrontational, just wondering why you're surprised by this.  Arkansas hasn't been that much better, if any, than Ole Miss in recent years.  

Ole Miss has done 2 things that Nutt has never accomplished since being at Arkansas. OUTRIGHT SEC West championship.  10 win season.  Just something to think about when asking why Ole Miss over Arkansas for Henry.  Albeit both accomplishments came under David Cutcliffe, not Ed Orgeron.

not only that, but over the last four years, they have won more SEC games than us.  As a matter of fact, we are NINTH in the sec in conference games over the past four years.

alabama Hawg

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on June 06, 2006, 09:06:16 am

Ole Miss has not won the West since Arkansas joined the SEC, and is the only team from the West to not play in the SECCG.  LSU won the West the year Ole miss won 10 games.