Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Follow up on Arkansas signee Chip Gregory

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 24, 2006, 08:19:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Chip Gregory is a LB from Carrollton, TX and attended American Heritage Academy.  I had the chance to talk with this young man briefly today and here is a little bit of the conversation.

TRG:  How have things been since signing day?

Chip:  Everything has been going really well.  I went to the State track meet and won the 400 meter dash.

TRG:  Wow.  That's pretty impressive.  Do you plan to continue in track when you get to Arkansas?

Chip:  I really don't know yet.  I haven't really decided.

TRG:  Besides running track, what have you been doing to prepare yourself for football?

Chip:  I have been working out with Thomas Everett.

TRG:  Is this the same Thomas Everett who played for the Cowboys?

Chip:  Yes sir.

TRG:  What all have you been working on?

Chip:  He has me working more on agility and side to side drills.  We have also been working on my acceleration.

TRG:  What is your weight, height and 40 now?

Chip:  I am 6'4" 225 lbs and I run a 4.4 in the 40.

TRG:  How about your bench and squat?

Chip:  My bench is 305 and my squat is 525.

TRG:  When are you planning on making it to campus?

Chip:  I am planning on being there for the 2nd session of summer school.

TRG:  Are you staying in touch with the coaches?

Chip:  Yes sir, I have been in touch with Coach Shibest.  He was the coach that recruited me.

TRG:  How do you and your family feel now that you are about to make this big step in your life?

Chip:  I am ready for it.  My family is pretty excited about it but they are also sad that I am leaving.  Mostly mixed emotions about it.

TRG:  Chip, I have really enjoyed talking with you and I look forward to seeing you on campus.

Chip:  Thank you.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Chip on campus.  Herring loves speed on defense and it looks like that's what he gets with Chip.  Not to mention, we need some help at LB.

hoggin das

Thanks Recruiting Guy. Gregory sounds like he has the potential to be an impact player in the near future.

BigPapaHawg

Thanks TRG, sounds like Chip is doing his part in preparing himself.
WOO PIG

thahawg

6'4'' 225 4.4 at linebacker sounds downright nasty! Thanks the TRG!

Ugly Uncle

I've mentioned before that I am very good friends with one of his coaches.

He tells me that 40 time is legit.  That Chip is a monster on the field and a real solid student and great guy off of the field.

This guy is sculped like a greek god.

His coach tells me that Chip will be one of the all  time favorites of Hogs fans before he leaves.  He works hard, hits hard, plays hard, and is one of the most personable guys you will ever meet.

Also recently discovered to be a fine dancer...atleast he was at his prom...so mikeb should love that about him.
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

He will be returning punts and kick-offs.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

mossfan3

Sounds like one of those players that will be on the field regardless of position.  6'4'' 225 4.4,  that can be used at multiple positions.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: mossfan3 on May 29, 2006, 11:06:18 am
Sounds like one of those players that will be on the field regardless of position.  6'4'' 225 4.4,  that can be used at multiple positions.
I love these kind of players because injuries to starters are so common. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

stronguard

Houston will be moving him to OG or DE very soon
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

forrest city joe

it's great to have chip as a hawg. hope he can help us as a true freshmen.

Ugly Uncle

I agree with Notshavin...HDN likes big return guys.  With his size, speed, and moves he could very well be a returner for us.  HDN's think has always been that he wanted someone with good hands and was big enough to take a lick.  Well, it seems chip is that kind of kid.

I think I would really love to see MS or FJ back there though.
Retired Radio Host