Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Micheal Washington

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 22, 2006, 12:48:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Just got off the phone with Coach Victor Evans. Here's a couple of notes.

He mentioned that Micheal has graduated and is back home in McGhee.

The NCAA talked to Micheal and the principal at the same time and everything went real well.

The school registered with the NCAA clearing house last year.

Genesis One had four kids sign with D-1 schools last year with no problems. The four schools were Temple, La-Monroe, Mississippi Valley Sate and Jackson St.

Coach Evans said that Micheal was a wonderful young man and he had matured during his time at the school. I hope to have a interview with Micheal tommorrow.

Patch

Thanks for the update TRG. Excuse my ignorance if this has been discussed, but when exactly should we know if the NCAA is going to declare Micheal elligible?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Patch on May 22, 2006, 12:55:05 pm
Thanks for the update TRG. Excuse my ignorance if this has been discussed, but when exactly should we know if the NCAA is going to declare Micheal elligible?

We're talking about the NCAA. Who knows?

Coach Evans had no idea but was confident that everything would be OK. Only time will tell.

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Buck Ocean

Ok, for the record here, could anyone please fill in the Michael Washington checklist??

1. Has he graduated hight school?

2. Did he graduate with a GPA that will get him into the University of Arkansas?

3. Did he make a qualifying score on his ACT/SAT?

4. Did he take all the core required classes and pass them at high school and prep school?

5. Is Genesis One comply with NCAA standards this year?
Think like a Jedi

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Buck Ocean on May 22, 2006, 03:30:19 pm
Ok, for the record here, could anyone please fill in the Michael Washington checklist??

1. Has he graduated hight school?

2. Did he graduate with a GPA that will get him into the University of Arkansas?

3. Did he make a qualifying score on his ACT/SAT?

4. Did he take all the core required classes and pass them at high school and prep school?

5. Is Genesis One comply with NCAA standards this year?

I plan to talk to Micheal tommorrow.

DirectorM

JIHawg

Recruiting guy-you stomped your competition on this one.  Congratulations and keep up the good work.  One of the assistant coaches told me he will make it to the hill if the NCAA doesn't come down on Genesis 1, and he doesn't think that will happen.  We will know something on this the middle of June, when the NCAA ruling is expected.  But Washington has done all that he needs to do to become eligible, according to the coach.

Foshodo

The Recruiting Guy

Coach Evans told me to call him today and he could give me Michael's cell number but I haven't been able to contact him. I'll keep trying.

oldbear

I'm one of the few who hasn't said it, but thanks TRG for all the great info.