Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A new day is coming.

Started by mikeirwin, May 20, 2006, 07:52:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

May 20, 2006, 07:52:38 pm Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 07:54:56 pm by mikeirwin
Hogville is dedicated to the proposition that Razorback fans don't have to be misinformed to follow their favorite teams, players and coaches.

We reject the notion that Arkansas fans CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

We believe that the truth helps the fan base instead of hurting it.

We believe that DVH is proof of this. His astounding 90% + approval rating on this board isn't because of wins and losses. His SEC win percentage is not that far above HDN's. The fan base likes this guy because he is honest.

Hogville believes a new day is coming. A day when the folks on the Hill understand that fans aren't the enemy just because they want to be treated like adults.

Do our mods and administrators ever make mistakes ? Of course they do. Remember the supposed secret meeting wherein a football coaching change was coming ? It didn't happen. What did our fearless leader say about that ?
I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
Are we still here and growing everyday ?
You betcha.

We know something that others don't. The fans drive that athletic department.
Coaches come and go. So do players. The only constant is the fans.

Hog fans are among the best. They are forgiving. They are optimistic. How else can we explain a full stadium for a team that has won just nine games in two years ?

Hog fans don't ask for a lot. They like championships but they don't go away when those championships fail to materialize. They want more than anything to show the rest of the freaking SEC that the Razorbacks aren't pushovers.

The only thing that the fans DEMAND is to be treated with respect by the people who run those programs. In a losing season tell the fans why you're losing. Don't act indignant or wounded when fans express their opinions about what is wrong. Maybe the fans are not always right but if they are not right explain what is right. They will judge your words and know the truth.

A new day is coming. It cannot be stopped.

JIHawg

Keep preaching the word, Brother.  Someday some head coach at some major University is going to realize the power of internet message boards and be the first to post and interact with the fans in an open honest manner.  May be a few years, but a visionary coach will do it.

GrizzledHogFan

Nicely said, Mike.  Keep fighting the good fight.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

PorcineSublime

Great post Mike. Now if we can all turn in our hymnals to......

Actually Mike and I have thought alike in this area for a long time. Of course you don't know that because I am not on TV/radio, but that is not important right now. ;)

For the most part, I think part of the "hater/darksider" arguement has been the lack of honesty from our head coach. Just don't pee down my leg and tell me it is raining. Very few are the ones who just hate HDN or SH, we just need to know that they understand and are willing to do whatever it takes to bring a winner to the field/floor (anything legal, that is).  Stop trying to spin the message, you are not running for president. Just give it to me straight and I will respect you for it.JMO.WPS.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

BlackKnightHogFan

Mike, great post.  It is unfortunate that we have been treated as mindless sheep in the past.  I hope that the coaching staff work things out so that we can finish in the top 2 of the SEC West.  That is where we should finish year in and year out and that is where we should finish this year with the returning starters and the changes in the coaching staff.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

Hugehogsfan

Well I think people all over are taking us seriously because of our impact on other boards (USC board and the pre-season poll) and the radio.  I just think that if we can all get along and realize that we all just want the best for the Razorback program.  I know that a bright future is coming in all Hog Sports and I won't give up on them (any of them) just because a coach is there that I don't like.  When we unite as HOG FANS we can overcome any mountain.

I will now jump off my soapbox.  Thank you!

PIGINAPOKE

Great post Mike..I agree. And, I like a coach who takes the blame for the losses or unrest within his realm.Dale does not, And never has.That is the one weak link of many in this program.

Watch some old WW2 submarine movies.Is it not the captain who is THE MAN always? You may have the coaching staff in those flicks repairing vales that have blown, Or pumping out the brine, But it is the Captian, Who is the MAN.

I like what I see this year, Could be alot of fun?

But, I will not start pumping sunshine into a program/ vessel that has drug the bottom of the bay for too long.

You are our link to this insane world of da hogs..

Thanks Mike for all you do..I speak for many who think you are a MAJOR part of holding this hog ship upright in stormy seas..THANKS.. Poke.

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Great post.  Very encouraging.

I can't wait until we have an HC that gets this.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 20, 2006, 09:18:36 pm
Great post.  Very encouraging.

I can't wait until we have an HC that gets this.
+1 awesome shavin..........
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

brodie_hawg

I have to disagree on one part.  I do not think DVH approval rating is 90+% because he is honest.  It is because we are on our way to going to 6 straight regionals and a world series a couple of years ago.  If DVH had a couple of losing seasons, it does not matter how honest he is he will have a low approval rating.  I do not remember how high or low SH rating was but I seem to recall him always being honest and his rating is not in the 90's.  Its lower because people thinks he can not coach and that he is out of his league.  Thats just my opinion.

Lanny

May 20, 2006, 09:40:03 pm #10 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:41:37 pm by hSv
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 20, 2006, 07:52:38 pm
Hogville is dedicated to the proposition that Razorback fans don't have to be misinformed to follow their favorite teams, players and coaches.

We believe that DVH is proof of this. His astounding 90% + approval rating on this board isn't because of wins and losses. His SEC win percentage is not that far above HDN's. The fan base likes this guy because he is honest.

Hogville believes a new day is coming. A day when the folks on the Hill understand that fans aren't the enemy just because they want to be treated like adults.

Do our mods and administrators ever make mistakes ? Of course they do. Remember the supposed secret meeting wherein a football coaching change was coming ? It didn't happen. What did our fearless leader say about that ?
I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

Hog fans are among the best. They are forgiving. They are optimistic. How else can we explain a full stadium for a team that has won just nine games in two years ?

Hog fans don't ask for a lot. They like championships but they don't go away when those championships fail to materialize. They want more than anything to show the rest of the freaking SEC that the Razorbacks aren't pushovers.

The only thing that the fans DEMAND is to be treated with respect by the people who run those programs. In a losing season tell the fans why you're losing. Don't act indignant or wounded when fans express their opinions about what is wrong. Maybe the fans are not always right but if they are not right explain what is right. They will judge your words and know the truth.

Thanks Mike,

This was my vision when I started Hogville.net.  I wanted a board that fans out of state could read to keep up with the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I never liked stale news and I asked Mike Irwin to help me bring the facts to this board. 

Do we have rumors?  Yes we do with this many members posting on a message board we can't keep them all off.

Do posters have the right to voice their opinions?  You bet, we have a board of 9000+ members not including guest that visit.  Everyone has the right to state their opinion.

Do we have an Agenda?  Absolutely, I want a place where we can all discuss the Razorbacks, celebrate the victories, moan about the loses and make new friendships.

We're not going anywhere, our latest item of interest is The Recruiting Guy and I understand tomorrow some video will be presented.

Special thanks to all the Mods that help me maintain this board, we have a lot of work to do to bring the Razorback Sports news to you.

Lanny
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

idochog

The difference is that DVH's winning percentage in the toughest baseball conference is more equivalent to about 75% in football IMO.

Look how many ranked teams DVH wins against vs HDN: Not even close

DVH wins on the road: HDN doesnt

DVH knows how to protect home field:  HDN is horrible in RRS
I love Jesus!

jabohog

I think the idea here is DVH hasn't forgotten where he came from. Just like RAZ FAN( I think that's his handle )was talking about DVH giving his nephew an autograph and sending him on the bus to get any players auto that he wanted. He didn't ask the kid if he was a Wilson/Matthews donor, all DVH knew was they were fans and he gave them the respect that his team belongs to Arkansas fans, not just big money. DVH deserves all the respect that can be given him. In my opinion, the coaches that are caught up in the aristocracy will be left out in this new day that Mike is talking about. You may see someone like DVH running the whole show, who knows?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hSv on May 20, 2006, 09:40:03 pm

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

Thanks Mike,

This was my vision when I started Hogville.net.  I wanted a board that fans out of state could read to keep up with the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I never liked stale news and I asked Mike Irwin to help me bring the facts to this board. 

Do we have rumors?  Yes we do with this many members posting on a message board we can't keep them all off.

Do posters have the right to voice their opinions?  You bet, we have a board of 9000+ members not including guest that visit.  Everyone has the right to state their opinion.

Do we have an Agenda?  Absolutely, I want a place where we can all discuss the Razorbacks, celebrate the victories, moan about the loses and make new friendships.

We're not going anywhere, our latest item of interest is The Recruiting Guy and I understand tomorrow some video will be presented.

Special thanks to all the Mods that help me maintain this board, we have a lot of work to do to bring the Razorback Sports news to you.

Lanny

Lanny,

I don't know where you got "the recruiting guy" but he has been the best addition to the board since Mike Irwin.  Good work.

Ugly Uncle.
Retired Radio Host

brodie_hawg

my previous post was not to compare DVH vs. HDN.  I was just simply stating that if DVH had a couple of mediocre or losing seasons, his approval rating would not be in the 90s.

Oklahawg

I've posted this thought quite a few times (here and elsewhere) in the past few days. I believe in it, so I'll say it again:

Technology provides us insight where we used to not have insight. Maybe more insight than we need. (Mis)information swirls much faster than when Orville Henry was keeping the Hog brethen informed. That's good and bad.

All information goes through a degenerative process: from event/fact to its "headline" or "blurb" that appears as a tease at the start of the newspaper or the newscast to the bumper sticker-type referent that is left over weeks after the event/fact. That's how something like WW2 can be reduced to a dozen pages in a middle school history book. Its not difficult to see how it can get distorted: how do you summarize something like WW2 without leaving something out, or cryptically misrepresenting something in an attempt at brevity?

Some clown with a videophone can wander about and capture coaches and/or players interacting and think they've got something. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. Coaches and players think there is a shield or barrier that allows them to be "candid" without accountability. Not so.

Folks see coaches or players out eating supper or shopping at Wal-Mart. They can hide some of the time but they come up for air eventually. Everyone leans in to capture a few words, maybe a couple of sentences. We all hope to grab hold of that magic quote that we can share with friends and acquaintances.

That this has gotten such a quick and exaggerated response says that something is there. Something. Somewhere. Why would you dignify lunacy with ANY commentary? That a 25-cent "rumor" prompted a five dollar response from the Hill tells you that something is smoldering.

[I don't see the rumor as a two-bit rumor. I see the exaggerated response as an indicator of such. Its easy for me to represent the exaggeration going between a quarter and a five dollar bill.]

That folks who make money off of "inside" scoop on the Hogs are involved in squashing rumors tells us that "inside" scoop is tethered to "spin". Its a political ploy. Presidents throughout history play up to one paper or another, giving out info and interviews (like coupons at a pizza delivery shop) to some and shunning others. Its no different here. "Inside" scoop comes with a price. It means that your money-making ventures must align with the official party line. Fine. Just don't represent it otherwise.

We've all been wrong. Dead wrong, at times. "We" as in Hog fans. "We" as in Hogvillians. "We" as in Hogville admins and mods. Hey, we are human!

Every act and word by the athletic folks paints a picture for fans. There is a risk that the athletic folks paint themselves into a corner with this. I don't want controversy--I want the Hogs to win with honor and lose with class. I want a lot more wins than losses right now. Who doesn't? Don't you think USC fans wanted one more win last year?

I am perfectly happy with HDN being the football coach that wins UA its first FB national championship of the 21st Century. Just as long as Gus Malzahn is calling the plays.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hollywood_HOGan

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

YOU THE MAN!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

GO HOGS GO!

jabohog

Quote from: brodie_hawg on May 20, 2006, 09:47:30 pm
my previous post was not to compare DVH vs. HDN.  I was just simply stating that if DVH had a couple of mediocre or losing seasons, his approval rating would not be in the 90s.
I agree to an extent, but DVH would not be making excuses and blaming everyone else. He would tell us straight up what is wrong and that he is going to bust his butt to fix it. I love that, don't you. I can also be more forgiving when the coach says I hear you and we will fix it or else. I hate when the coache blames everything and everyone else and thumbs his nose at regular fans.

HatfieldHog

Thanks Mike, personal accountability is something that people will value.
They always have, and they always will.  I appreciate the fact that most see you as the only media in this state that is not afraid to at least voice the concerns that we fans have.

Chuck, Dudley, Clay, Otis, RR, Rick S.  These guys do not have my respect, but you do.  That may not mean anything to them, but I hope that it does with you.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HatfieldHog on May 20, 2006, 09:55:41 pm
Thanks Mike, personal accountability is something that people will value.
They always have, and they always will.  I appreciate the fact that most see you as the only media in this state that is not afraid to at least voice the concerns that we fans have.

Chuck, Dudley, Clay, Otis, RR, Rick S.  These guys do not have my respect, but you do.  That may not mean anything to them, but I hope that it does with you.

See ya

Hatfield, you are one of the best posters (IMO) on this board.  Wish you would post more.
Retired Radio Host

brodie_hawg

Yes I agree.  Its good to have a coach that shoots it straight.  I do not want this post to get off track of what mike intended.  So, again my posts were  not meant to compare DVH and HDN.

TulsaHawg

May 20, 2006, 10:04:48 pm #21 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:06:25 pm by TulsaHawg

Good post Mike, but if what you said in the above quote is true, what does that make South Carolina fans, who have put more people in their stands over the years with teams with worse records than Arkansas's?

I think our fans can stand some room for improvement in the support area, especially with several calling for boycotts of games last year.

jabohog

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 20, 2006, 09:49:21 pm
I've posted this thought quite a few times (here and elsewhere) in the past few days. I believe in it, so I'll say it again:

Technology provides us insight where we used to not have insight. Maybe more insight than we need. (Mis)information swirls much faster than when Orville Henry was keeping the Hog brethen informed. That's good and bad.

All information goes through a degenerative process: from event/fact to its "headline" or "blurb" that appears as a tease at the start of the newspaper or the newscast to the bumper sticker-type referent that is left over weeks after the event/fact. That's how something like WW2 can be reduced to a dozen pages in a middle school history book. Its not difficult to see how it can get distorted: how do you summarize something like WW2 without leaving something out, or cryptically misrepresenting something in an attempt at brevity?

Some clown with a videophone can wander about and capture coaches and/or players interacting and think they've got something. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. Coaches and players think there is a shield or barrier that allows them to be "candid" without accountability. Not so.

Folks see coaches or players out eating supper or shopping at Wal-Mart. They can hide some of the time but they come up for air eventually. Everyone leans in to capture a few words, maybe a couple of sentences. We all hope to grab hold of that magic quote that we can share with friends and acquaintances.

That this has gotten such a quick and exaggerated response says that something is there. Something. Somewhere. Why would you dignify lunacy with ANY commentary? That a 25-cent "rumor" prompted a five dollar response from the Hill tells you that something is smoldering.

[I don't see the rumor as a two-bit rumor. I see the exaggerated response as an indicator of such. Its easy for me to represent the exaggeration going between a quarter and a five dollar bill.]

That folks who make money off of "inside" scoop on the Hogs are involved in squashing rumors tells us that "inside" scoop is tethered to "spin". Its a political ploy. Presidents throughout history play up to one paper or another, giving out info and interviews (like coupons at a pizza delivery shop) to some and shunning others. Its no different here. "Inside" scoop comes with a price. It means that your money-making ventures must align with the official party line. Fine. Just don't represent it otherwise.

We've all been wrong. Dead wrong, at times. "We" as in Hog fans. "We" as in Hogvillians. "We" as in Hogville admins and mods. Hey, we are human!

Every act and word by the athletic folks paints a picture for fans. There is a risk that the athletic folks paint themselves into a corner with this. I don't want controversy--I want the Hogs to win with honor and lose with class. I want a lot more wins than losses right now. Who doesn't? Don't you think USC fans wanted one more win last year?

I am perfectly happy with HDN being the football coach that wins UA its first FB national championship of the 21st Century. Just as long as Gus Malzahn is calling the plays.
Wow, that is a righteous post. My complements and Amen.

Lanny

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 20, 2006, 10:04:48 pm

Good post Mike, but if what you said in the abovepost is true, what does that make South Carolina fans, who have put more people in their stands over the years with teams with worse records than Arkansas?

Who on this board cares about South Carolina?  This is a Razorback Board.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hSv on May 20, 2006, 10:05:53 pm

Good post Mike, but if what you said in the abovepost is true, what does that make South Carolina fans, who have put more people in their stands over the years with teams with worse records than Arkansas?

Who on this board cares about South Carolina?  This is a Razorback Board.

Simply using them as a point of reference.

wrightobe

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 20, 2006, 08:18:21 pm

Actually Mike and I have thought alike in this area for a long time. Of course you don't know that because I am not on TV/radio, but that is not important right now. ;)

For the most part, I think part of the "hater/darksider" arguement has been the lack of honesty from our head coach. Just don't pee down my leg and tell me it is raining. Very few are the ones who just hate HDN or SH, we just need to know that they understand and are willing to do whatever it takes to bring a winner to the field/floor (anything legal, that is).  Stop trying to spin the message, you are not running for president. Just give it to me straight and I will respect you for it.JMO.WPS.
Could we have one or two examples of the dishonesty and deceivement of our AD and HC? 

I keep hearing this on this board, especially, by the darksiders, but I have no idea what they are referring to are talking about.

I do not feel I am being led like "mindless sheep", except for the Darksider posts, who seem to want to lead a revolution against the existing U of A football program, for some reason.

Maybe it is the two losing seasons, but in my humble opinion, somebody has got left out of the loop from the Powers To Be, and they are angry and mad, that they are not being treated with respect and fairness. 

I believe this is some of media reporters,covering the Razorbacks, who are feeling this way, and leading the revolution behind the scenes, trying to win over the Razorback public with innuendos, misinformation, and outright rumors.

Please show us some of the distortions, lies, and egotiscals example from our existing Razorback coaches, to prove these are true charges that are being stated.

GrizzledHogFan

May 20, 2006, 10:11:04 pm #26 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:13:44 pm by gmb_79
Good post Mike, but if what you said in the above quote is true, what does that make South Carolina fans, who have put more people in their stands over the years with teams with worse records than Arkansas's?

Apathetic, crazy, or masochistic.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: gmb_79 on May 20, 2006, 10:11:04 pm

Apathetic and/or crazy.

If they have been putting 80K in their stadium over the years with sub-par teams, how does that make them "apathetic"?

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 20, 2006, 10:13:42 pm

If they have been putting 80K in their stadium over the years with sub-par teams, how does that make them "apathetic"?

Apathetic and/or crazy.

It makes them apathetic because they no longer care if they win.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: gmb_79 on May 20, 2006, 10:14:43 pm

Apathetic and/or crazy.

Yet Mike uses a similar example with Arkansas fans to show how good we are.

jabohog

I think our fans can stand some room for improvement in the support area, especially with several calling for boycotts of games last year.
Are you making money off of Hog fans? Sounds like it. That is the only reason I know you would expect support of a losing program. South Carolina, what is wrong with you to compare us to them? What history do they have? I can't believe hSv gave you moderator status. The only thing South Carolina exhibits over us is the fact that they have hired a coach that believes in winning and will he win. You continue to support a couch that is only setting his goals to reach a bowl,   a bowl. Not the West title, not the SECCG, but a bowl.  Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 20, 2006, 10:16:14 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on May 20, 2006, 10:14:43 pm

Apathetic and/or crazy.

Yet Mike uses a similar example with Arkansas fans to show how good we are.

If you put up with sub-par performance for a few years, you're a good fan.  If you put up with it for a few decades, one of my terms describes you.

GrizzledHogFan

May 20, 2006, 10:20:13 pm #32 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:23:32 pm by gmb_79
Quote from: jabohog on May 20, 2006, 10:17:37 pm
I can't believe hSv gave you moderator status.

TulsaHawg isn't a moderator.  I think you've got him mixed up with TulsaHogFan, who is.

EDIT:  I take that back.  Perhaps he is.  Now I'm confused.  He's got a custom title, but no fancy stars like the other mods.

TulsaHawg

Are you making money off of Hog fans? Sounds like it. That is the only reason I know you would expect support of a losing program. South Carolina, what is wrong with you to compare us to them? What history do they have? I can't believe hSv gave you moderator status. The only thing South Carolina exhibits over us is the fact that they have hired a coach that believes in winning and will he win. You continue to support a couch that is only setting his goals to reach a bowl,   a bowl. Not the West title, not the SECCG, but a bowl.  Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOL!

jabohog

Quote from: wrightobe on May 20, 2006, 10:07:59 pm

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

Could we have one or two examples of the dishonesty and deceivement of our AD and HC? 

I keep hearing this on this board, especially, by the darksiders, but I have no idea what they are referring to are talking about.

I do not feel I am being led like "mindless sheep", except for the Darksider posts, who seem to want to lead a revolution against the existing U of A football program, for some reason.

Maybe it is the two losing seasons, but in my humble opinion, somebody has got left out of the loop from the Powers To Be, and they are angry and mad, that they are not being treated with respect and fairness. 

I believe this is some of media reporters,covering the Razorbacks, who are feeling this way, and leading the revolution behind the scenes, trying to win over the Razorback public with innuendos, misinformation, and outright rumors.

Please show us some of the distortions, lies, and egotiscals example from our existing Razorback coaches, to prove these are true charges that are being stated.
If you want proof, find it yourself. Nobody on here owes you crap. If you don't like the claims then, tough. You go and name me one coach, and there is one that has been the coach at Arkansas after two losing seasons? You bunch of aristocrates have forgotten what it's like to be on a team that wins and is respected. Stop calling for the reports to prove themselves and bring something that disproves it or shut the hell up. You dipsticks amaze me.

Richard_white

Hey what does it take to be a mod?  Any chance for me

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2006, 10:24:42 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on May 20, 2006, 10:20:13 pm

TulsaHawg isn't a moderator.  I think you've got him mixed up with TulsaHogFan, who is.

EDIT:  I take that back.  Perhaps he is.  Now I'm confused.  He's got a custom title, but no fancy stars like the other mods.

He's only a moderator for Nutt  ;)

I see

TulsaHawg

And you only read my short posts.   ;D

WestMemphisHogFan

Great post Mike! I said this a couple of days ago, but I truly believe that because of the internet, fans have a greater voice than ever before. 

I loved your comment about the only constant is the fans!  I have never thought of it like that before, but very true!  Coaches, players come and go, but the fans stick with the program through thick and thin!

CharlieHog

If anybody thinks the love for DVH isn't performance based, they're crazy.

Look at our attendance in 2003 and the regular season of 2004. If Brady Toops doesn't hit that home run in 2004, there's never even a poll on this board about DVH's approval rating b/c nobody cares about baseball.

And sorry to be harsh but it is IDIOTIC to keep bringing up his conference winning percentage and comparing it to football.

Oklahawg

The history of the HDN staff's massaging of the truth has been documented, ad nauseum, here. Let's not pollute the current issue with a bunch of rehash. It makes us appear more acidic than we are.

PM folks who have posted here a bunch. Maybe one of them will take the time to toss out a few nuggets from the past. I don't care to go back through it. I apologize, but its a busy time with work and family--I'm lucky to post as much as I am this weekend. I hate to write "trust us". Instead, I'll write "patience--we'll get the info to you soon enough." Its a part of the bigger picture that is so troubling. This is NOT an isolated incident.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 20, 2006, 10:29:09 pm
Its a part of the bigger picture that is so troubling. This is NOT an isolated incident.

That sounds ominous.

wrightobe

May 20, 2006, 10:31:04 pm #42 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:32:55 pm by wrightobe
Quote from: jabohog on May 20, 2006, 10:25:02 pm

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

If you want proof, find it yourself. Nobody on here owes you crap. If you don't like the claims then, tough. You go and name me one coach, and there is one that has been the coach at Arkansas after two losing seasons? You bunch of aristocrates have forgotten what it's like to be on a team that wins and is respected. Stop calling for the reports to prove themselves and bring something that disproves it or shut the hell up. You dipsticks amaze me.
[/quote
OK, that is the kind of proof that I thought would be posted.  Nothing but sarcasm, hatred, name callling and no facts, and nothing on the coaches.

Thanks for the post.

hogfankb

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 20, 2006, 10:27:48 pm
If anybody thinks the love for DVH isn't performance based, they're crazy.

Look at our attendance in 2003 and the regular season of 2004. If Brady Toops doesn't hit that home run in 2004, there's never even a poll on this board about DVH's approval rating b/c nobody cares about baseball.

And sorry to be harsh but it is IDIOTIC to keep bringing up his conference winning percentage and comparing it to football.

Thats a smart lady right there.

HatfieldHog

Wrighttobe, you must have been sleeping for the last 8 years.  HDN's refusal to shoulder any of the blame for the down turn of Arkansas' football program is proof positive that he spins the facts to the weak minded.  Wins and loses are his responsibility, period!  What he recruits and coaches takes the field and plays the games.

We could mention all the junk that came from the Broyles Complex during the Nebraska/LSU flirtations, but there is not enough memory in Hogville's computers to hold it.

Just the truth,   See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

jabohog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 20, 2006, 10:25:41 pm

I gave a plus one today, with the SEC is tough but compete or get out post. But this comparison with South Carolina is crap and you know it. Just wait. Spurriur will show you the difference, and then you will change your tune. I can't wait to see what you have to say. I'm glad that we have archives.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: jabohog on May 20, 2006, 10:34:42 pm

I gave a plus one today, with the SEC is tough but compete or get out post. But this comparison with South Carolina is crap and you know it. Just wait. Spurriur will show you the difference, and then you will change your tune. I can't wait to see what you have to say. I'm glad that we have archives.

Whatever Spurrier does has no bearing on this discussion of fan support of the past years.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 20, 2006, 10:41:22 pm
Quote from: jabohog on May 20, 2006, 10:34:42 pm

Whatever Spurrier does has no bearing on this discussion of fan support of the past years.

How can we have a discussion if we can't bring up things that have no bearing on the topic?  ;)

jabohog

Quote from: wrightobe on May 20, 2006, 10:31:04 pm

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

[/quote
OK, that is the kind of proof that I thought would be posted.  Nothing but sarcasm, hatred, name callling and no facts, and nothing on the coaches.

Thanks for the post.

Aristocrates is name calling, maybe you was talking about dipstick? If the shoe fits! I thought you would be proud, my apologies, I wasn't trying to insult you. I have no hate, but I didn't expect you to come back with any proof of your side of the argument either. That's because you don't have any. It's easy to disclaim what is said, but it's hard to show why you feel that way. I know, it's your heart. You just feel in your heart that things are not right. Damn the facts, your heart leads you a different way, or is it an allegiance to something else. You don't fool us, but you opinion is welcome.

wrightobe

Quote from: jabohog on May 20, 2006, 10:45:35 pm
Quote from: wrightobe on May 20, 2006, 10:31:04 pm

I SCREWED UP.

Did this board implode ?
Nope.
You betcha.

[/quote

Thanks for the post.

Aristocrates is name calling, maybe you was talking about dipstick? If the shoe fits! I thought you would be proud, my apologies, I wasn't trying to insult you. I have no hate, but I didn't expect you to come back with any proof of your side of the argument either. That's because you don't have any. It's easy to disclaim what is said, but it's hard to show why you feel that way. I know, it's your heart. You just feel in your heart that things are not right. Damn the facts, your heart leads you a different way, or is it an allegiance to something else. You don't fool us, but you opinion is welcome.
How can I prove there is no dishonesty, if there is not? 

One poster used the theme, Nutt will not take the blames for losses. 

I can not see how that is dishonest.   Maybe he truly thinks that.

To me dishonesty is trying to influnence state of being one way, when in reality it is the other way, and facts and figures, and witnesses will show the real truth.