Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Recruit- RB Rudell Crim

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 19, 2006, 05:16:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Rudell is a 5'11 188 pound running back from James Rickards HS in Tallahassee Fla. I spoke to Rudell this afternoon.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Rudell: I have six. Florida, Illinois, FIU, Marshall, Louisville and USF have offered.

Who was the first to offer?

Rudell; Florida.

TRG: Do you have a favorite among those schools?

Rudell: Yes. Florida but I really want to visit Arkansas. My friend Micheal Smith goes there and he loves it. I was up for the Vandy game last year and the players made me feel at home.

TRG: Has Arkansas contacted you? If so, what coach have you talked to?

Rudell: I got a letter last week and one before that but no coach has contacted me.

TRG: When will you make a decision?

Rudell: In the fall.

TRG: What's your best 40 time?

Rudell: My best was 4.37.

TRG: Is there a NFL running back you like to compare your style to? 

Rudell: Bo Jackson.

TRG: Wow. That's old school. You weren't even born when he was in college.

Rudell: I've seen him on ESPN Classics and really like how he ran. He also played baseball like me.

TRG: How's the recruiting process been for you?

Rudell: I've been pretty surprised by it all.

Rudell comes across as a very mature kid. He would be a good ambassador for any college.  I could tell by talking to him that he is definitely interested in Arkansas. I'm not saying that's where he would end up if offered but he made it clear that's he's interested.

We should have some video of Rudell soon.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on May 19, 2006, 05:16:56 pm
Rudell is a 5'11 188 pound running back from James Rickards HS in Tallahassee Fla. I spoke to Rudell this afternoon.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Rudell: I have six. Florida, Illinois, FIU, Marshall, Louisville and USF have offered.

Who was the first to offer?

Rudell; Florida.

TRG: Do you have a favorite among those schools?

Rudell: Yes. Florida but I really want to visit Arkansas. My friend Micheal Smith goes there and he loves it. I was up for the Vandy game last year and the players made me feel at home.

TRG: Has Arkansas contacted you? If so, what coach have you talked to?

Rudell: I got a letter last week and one before that but no coach has contacted me.

TRG: When will you make a decision?

Rudell: In the fall.

TRG: What's your best 40 time?

Rudell: My best was 4.37.

TRG: Is there a NFL running back you like to compare your style to? 

Rudell: Bo Jackson.

TRG: Wow. That's old school. You weren't even born when he was in college.

Rudell: I've seen him on ESPN Classics and really like how he ran. He also played baseball like me.

TRG: How's the recruiting process been for you?

Rudell: I've been pretty surprised by it all.

Rudell comes across as a very mature kid. He would be a good ambassador for any college.  I could tell by talking to him that he is definitely interested in Arkansas. I'm not saying that's where he would end up if offered but he made it clear that's he's interested.

We should have some video of Rudell soon.

Wow...great job.  I am not going to do it...but you should get paid for this.  This is better than any info we have gotten from others.
Retired Radio Host

Adam Stokes

Poor kid, had to come during the Vandy game.  Hope we can get him, that's a great 40 time.

hydrophonic

TRG,

I've added you to the short list of posters that I check the last posts of before I do anything else on the board.  Thank you for doing what you do.

+1 (it's not the first time, either)
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Hollywood_HOGan

Very surprising we havent even made contact.

We have a tailback that is interested, is friends with one of the main players, went to the same HS.

We could make big time inroads in that area.

Go get him HOGS!!

Shizzle

Man I am really enjoying your work on recruits thanks a million, makes this board even more elite than it was before.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Lanny

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 19, 2006, 05:48:23 pm

We have a tailback that is interested, is friends with one of the main players, went to the same HS.

Go get him HOGS!!

It's a long ways until Feb, plenty of time.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hSv on May 19, 2006, 06:09:36 pm

Go get him HOGS!!

It is a long ways until Feb...but we are already behind some of the other schools.  I would like to see at least a call made by a coach.
Retired Radio Host

Hollywood_HOGan

Go get him HOGS!!

True true.

IT would have been nice to at least know we made contact.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 19, 2006, 06:17:15 pm

Go get him HOGS!!

True true.

Like hsv said it's early. I'll check back with Rudell from time to time and give updates.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on May 19, 2006, 06:20:10 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 19, 2006, 06:17:15 pm

Go get him HOGS!!

True true.

Like hsv said it's early. I'll check back with Rudell from time to time and give updates.

Sweet.

GO HOGS GO!

bigred7987

his videos on rivals show him catching just as many passes as runs...Looks as though his team is awful and he has to make a ton of guys to get away from every run.  Smith needs to go tell Malzahn and Danny Nutt if they don't already know

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: bigred7987 on May 19, 2006, 06:42:44 pm
his videos on rivals show him catching just as many passes as runs...Looks as though his team is awful and he has to make a ton of guys to get away from every run.  Smith needs to go tell Malzahn and Danny Nutt if they don't already know

We'll have video soon.

The Recruiting Guy

Another site is reporting Rudell has offers from Mich State and Alabama. I just spoke with Rudell and he said they haven't officially offered but plan to.

Hawgballz

Once again, TRG is right on top of it.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

RazorRaider

I hope he does come here. If he really does have a Bo Jackson style then he will be awesome. :) I love getting all this info on recruits. This is great !!!!!!!!!! And best of all it is free. Of course free is one of my most favorite words. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

tophawg19

day late and a dollar short. hdn recruiting at it's best. these kids should have been contacted last year. texas is working on sophmores as are most of the better recruiting schools .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HOGLUVIN

Go get him HOGS!!

If we are already behind offers from Fl, AL, OhST. etc, and we haven't even contacted him, we are behind. I just thought that the new recruiting structure was supposed to get us out in front on guys, especially those in FL (which we could certainly use that IN, as Hogan mentioned), that have friends on the team and came and the VANDY game (and is still interested).

Woudn't it be nice to have some guys like this sinched up before Feb, instead of sweating all of January?

TRG, are we in on B. Green at all right now?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on July 06, 2006, 11:47:13 am

Go get him HOGS!!

If we are already behind offers from Fl, AL, OhST. etc, and we haven't even contacted him, we are behind. I just thought that the new recruiting structure was supposed to get us out in front on guys, especially those in FL (which we could certainly use that IN, as Hogan mentioned), that have friends on the team and came and the VANDY game (and is still interested).

Woudn't it be nice to have some guys like this sinched up before Feb, instead of sweating all of January?

TRG, are we in on B. Green at all right now?

Arkansas is actively recruiting Brodrick Green.

cbjagman

So if Crim is the "real deal" we're supposed to pin all our hopes at RB for the '07 recruiting class on BG who may or may not decide to honor his verbal to USC? And what if Green decides to go ahead and not go to Fayetteville? We're supposed to be left scrambling for someone else? As I recall USC (and I'm sure other major schools) are already lining up top players right and left. In fact, So. Cal already has two or three of this senior classes' top backs.

Hawgballz

Quote from: cbjagman on July 06, 2006, 03:56:04 pm
So if Crim is the "real deal" we're supposed to pin all our hopes at RB for the '07 recruiting class on BG who may or may not decide to honor his verbal to USC? And what if Green decides to go ahead and not go to Fayetteville? We're supposed to be left scrambling for someone else? As I recall USC (and I'm sure other major schools) are already lining up top players right and left. In fact, So. Cal already has two or three of this senior classes' top backs.

We have offered other backs (including a big time one out of Indy, can not remember his name right now).  Also we are in heavy on 1 out of Texas (Charles O. of Allen, TX) and another one out of Tennessee.  So NO, all of our hopes are not pinned to BG.  GO  :razorback: GO

Cresthog

I believe his name is Darren Evans...the RB from Indy that is

Hawgballz

Quote from: Cresthog on July 06, 2006, 05:36:13 pm
I believe his name is Darren Evans...the RB from Indy that is

Thanks, Cresthog.  You are absolutely correct.

Cresthog